Author Topic: Day 1 Complete  (Read 19453 times)

Offline titus01

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12-26-2019
  • Likes Given: 8
Re: Day 1 Complete
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2019, 01:27:39 AM »
Thank y'all for all of the advice and wisdom.

Coming up on over 96 hours.  Rough night of sleep last night full of tossing and turning.  After waking up and walking towards to bathroom I caught myself subconsciously reaching towards the stand where i used to keep my dip.  It wasn't a craving that made me reach out but pure habit from a routine of grabbing a dip on the way to the bathroom in the morning.  As soon as i reached out i consciously caught myself doing it and had to wonder what i was doing.  I've made it a point to leave the fake stuff down stairs to at night change things up and was just reaching towards air. Just served as another reminder and was on my mind as i posted in the roll call.

Got out of the house for a bit this morning which was nice.  Overall i've felt better today compared to yesterday.  Still feel like i'm partially hungover and time seems to go by so slow.  Didn't reach for the fake stuff until 3 pm which was good.  Kept up with the hydration and exercise.  Looking forward to another day tomorrow.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4333
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2019, 12:25:01 PM »
You got this bro!  You will go through ups and downs.  Stay focused.  You can do anything for one damn day!!! Load up on jolly ranchers.  They seemed to help with my mouth addiction.  Biggest thing is.... promise us EVERYDAY in roll call that you will not dip.  We will hold you to it.

Funny enough Jolly Ranchers are something I would use prior to quitting during those times i knew i would have to go a while without a dip. 

Speaking of Ups and Downs, if yesterday was a good day then i would have to classify this one as a bad one, like im stuck in a hangover.  72 hours in and it has definitely been the hardest so far.  I don't know if anyone else experienced this but sitting here on the couch today its like Time has slowed down by half.  The cloudiness is back,  I can't concentrate on anything, and i'm thankful I was able to avoid being around others today.

Made it until past noon before grabbing the for the fake stuff but still going through more than i would like to of that.  The thing that keeps standing out to me is that I really just need something in my lip. 

Thankful i still have a few days at home before i have to go back to work.  Im guessing the next couple will be rough.  I've been keeping up with exercise and drinking a lot of water.  I hope it helps.  Think i may try and get out tomorrow even if it just means going to get some food.  Staying in has kept me safe but Im starting to go a bit stir crazy.

Go for a walk and get some  exercise. But your body will need more rest than usual for a bit. ODAAT you can do it.
Returning to work is going to have some stressors, some triggers. You need to have a plan. You need to have some digits.
Who are you going to reach out to when life comes knocking?
Who are you going to call when you get tight and your addict brain says to throw in the towel?
Don't roll solo brother.
You can't hide from your triggers forever. Facing them and overcoming them will add strength to your quit.

If you haven't already, start sharing your digits using the "My Messages" (PM tool) with your fellow quitters. Mine are available upon request. Building a solid accountability network is critical to lasting success here at KTC.

And another note, never worry about tomorrow or any point in the future when it comes to your quit. Don't let the struggles (or wins!) of today create any sort of preconceived notions about what tomorrow may bring. Make a promise right away in the morning each day and focus 100% on keeping that promise TODAY. You embrace that mindset and you will be amazed at how the days begin to stack up.

You are doing great but your quit is very young. Keep some seeds/candy/fake dip substitute close and stay active on the forums. Continue to share your struggles and victories and reach out to your fellow April quitters. Supporting others in their quits will strengthen your own.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2019, 09:18:35 AM »
You got this bro!  You will go through ups and downs.  Stay focused.  You can do anything for one damn day!!! Load up on jolly ranchers.  They seemed to help with my mouth addiction.  Biggest thing is.... promise us EVERYDAY in roll call that you will not dip.  We will hold you to it.

Funny enough Jolly Ranchers are something I would use prior to quitting during those times i knew i would have to go a while without a dip. 

Speaking of Ups and Downs, if yesterday was a good day then i would have to classify this one as a bad one, like im stuck in a hangover.  72 hours in and it has definitely been the hardest so far.  I don't know if anyone else experienced this but sitting here on the couch today its like Time has slowed down by half.  The cloudiness is back,  I can't concentrate on anything, and i'm thankful I was able to avoid being around others today.

Made it until past noon before grabbing the for the fake stuff but still going through more than i would like to of that.  The thing that keeps standing out to me is that I really just need something in my lip. 

Thankful i still have a few days at home before i have to go back to work.  Im guessing the next couple will be rough.  I've been keeping up with exercise and drinking a lot of water.  I hope it helps.  Think i may try and get out tomorrow even if it just means going to get some food.  Staying in has kept me safe but Im starting to go a bit stir crazy.

Go for a walk and get some  exercise. But your body will need more rest than usual for a bit. ODAAT you can do it.
Returning to work is going to have some stressors, some triggers. You need to have a plan. You need to have some digits.
Who are you going to reach out to when life comes knocking?
Who are you going to call when you get tight and your addict brain says to throw in the towel?
Don't roll solo brother.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2019, 08:58:07 AM »

Jan19

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2019, 01:15:42 AM »

Offline nybowhunter21

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2019, 09:38:29 AM »
Thanks for all of the messages and words of support i have received from so many of y'all.

As I write this I'm approaching in on the 48hr mark.  Waking up this morning I felt great, way better than I ever expected i would. Throughout the day I've continued to feel pretty good overall, much less cloudy than when i went to sleep.  Not sure how ill feel tomorrow but today was definitely not bad.  Im going through more of the fake stuff than i would prefer but it seems to be working to keep my mouth busy.

I've also been trying to make sure I get some exercise each day and have really focused on staying hydrated.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2019, 07:13:27 AM »
Great job posting roll and reclaiming your life.  It's amazing to view this addiction from the outside, you'll see. First you gotta get through the suck.
EDUCATE YOURSELF! read up on the addiction.  Got some info in my signature to help you get started.
Knowledge is power, ignorance is terribly expensive.
You got this man - you are NOT alone!
IQWYT
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Chaotique

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2019, 06:21:41 AM »
Thanks for all of the messages and words of support i have received from so many of y'all.

As I write this I'm approaching in on the 48hr mark.  Waking up this morning I felt great, way better than I ever expected i would. Throughout the day I've continued to feel pretty good overall, much less cloudy than when i went to sleep.  Not sure how ill feel tomorrow but today was definitely not bad.  Im going through more of the fake stuff than i would prefer but it seems to be working to keep my mouth busy.

I've also been trying to make sure I get some exercise each day and have really focused on staying hydrated.

@titus01 great job posting intro, joining the April 2020 PreHOF and updating your intro as you approach 48 hours.  I'm on day 11.  First few days are the worst.  Congratulations on staying quit.  What works for many of us is to WUPP--Wake Up, Pee and Post.  That is... Post to your April 2020 PreHOF as early in the day as you possibly can.  Don't worry about tomorrow.  Make your promise today, and connect with others here on Kill the Can so that your support system will be stronger tomorrow that it is today.  Collect phone numbers.  Use them.

Chaotique (Mike)

Offline TabRow3

• Quit Pro
  • Enlightened ODAAT
  • Quit Date: Nov 27, 2016
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 02:40:06 AM »

Great to have you with us, Titus! One of the best decisions you could make. I know it’s already been said, and you’ll hear it over and over, but remember that you are only promising to quit for one day. Tomorrow doesn’t even exist yet, so don’t worry about it. Just keep that junk out of your mouth for today. If you remember that, and can keep your word for one day, you’ll be golden!

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 01:11:45 AM »

Offline EnuffSnuff

• Quitter
  • What are you waiting for? Quit already!
  • Quit Date: 01/06/19
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 01:35:14 PM »
Hi All.  I made the decision last night to finally quit after 25+ years and over can a day.  I don't love dipping.  I don't think i ever have. I just picked it up cause my friends did it and it just stuck.  I'm tired of having to sneak off at work to get a fix, I'm tired of wasting money on something that is going to kill me, im tired of having something control so many of my actions. 

I am happy to say that I am now over a day into my quit.  So far i don't know what to think.  My head is a little cloudy but not too much so, though I'm guessing that will get worse.  I'm doing what i can to keep my mind off of it but its all i can think of.  At this point i miss having something in my mouth more than the nicotine itself.  I stocked up on some Smokey Mountain to help with if I have a craving.  I had some challenges and somethings I'm proud of.  I didn't put one in when i woke up.  I didn't put one in when i drove to the store, nor when i watched a bowl game.  I couldn't say that prior to today and I look forward to be able to say it about tomorrow.
Quitting is a decision. You decided to do the right thing. When things get rough, and they will, remember it all comes down to a decision. Take it one day, one hour or even one minute at a time. Decide in those moments to stay quit. Form a support network to help hold you accountable. Get something to help you through cravings. I used seeds...chewed through truck loads of the things in the first month it seems like. You got this!
The only right way to quit is today.

My Intro

Floors Visited...1, 2, 3, 4

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2019, 11:56:21 AM »
Hi All.  I made the decision last night to finally quit after 25+ years and over can a day.  I don't love dipping.  I don't think i ever have. I just picked it up cause my friends did it and it just stuck.  I'm tired of having to sneak off at work to get a fix, I'm tired of wasting money on something that is going to kill me, im tired of having something control so many of my actions. 

I am happy to say that I am now over a day into my quit.  So far i don't know what to think.  My head is a little cloudy but not too much so, though I'm guessing that will get worse.  I'm doing what i can to keep my mind off of it but its all i can think of.  At this point i miss having something in my mouth more than the nicotine itself.  I stocked up on some Smokey Mountain to help with if I have a craving.  I had some challenges and somethings I'm proud of.  I didn't put one in when i woke up.  I didn't put one in when i drove to the store, nor when i watched a bowl game.  I couldn't say that prior to today and I look forward to be able to say it about tomorrow.

Great decision! Reach out if you need anything.

@titus01 are you going to follow through?
Jan19

Offline chitownsnus

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: December 6, 2019
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 11:48:58 AM »

Great decision! Reach out if you need anything.

Offline TwinCitiesMN

• Epic Quitter
    • MyHOFspeech
  • Quit Date: November 12, 2017
  • Likes Given: 555
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 06:28:33 AM »
Great to see you here, @titus01 ! So this is day 2!  Go here
https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16165.0
and post your day count and promise every morning. You Made a great, life-saving decision. PM me your digits if you want an extra layer of accountability.
TwinCitiesMN (day 777)
It is a far, far better thing that I do than I have ever done; it is a far, far better quit that I go to than I have ever known.
-- Adapted from Charles Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 01:39:17 AM »

Hi Titus!! Nice work making it through the first day!
Go here and post your promise and day count (your day 1 is the day you decided to quit and threw it all out)
https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16165.0
We wake up, piss, and post our promise (WUPP) first thing every damn day (EDD) and I’ll tell you- it works. You can quit for a day. Worry about tomorrow..tomorrow.
Simple process..difficult journey.
Do lots of reading on the site, reach out and exchange digits (through PM only) and build your wall of accountability so hard that failure is not an option.
If you’re serious to quit- here is the right place and these people will support you like family if you let them.