Author Topic: New member  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 975
Re: New member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 11:29:33 AM »
Hey Drewski,

Welcome to the site! I am 22 years old myself, you and I may be some of the few on this site without kids or marriage haha.
Anyways, I'm glad you have decided to quit at such a young age and after such a short period of use, that is a really smart decision. As for the cancer scare, be happy about overcoming that victory, but don't let the lack of cancer let you become complacent in your quit, use it as an opportunity to remain quit. The next pinch, pouch, or any form of tobacco could be what ultimately kills you. I may sound dramatic but each day you remain quit is a choice to stay alive rather than poisoning yourself.

We have a simple cost of admission for KTC, WUPP (wake up piss post roll) to your December quit group, so that you promise to remain quit ODAAT (one day at a time). I strongly encourage that you go over to your December quit-group forum and post roll early every day, join the groupme's, chat with your fellow quitters and veterans, and learn about what you are dealing with. This isn't going to be an easy road, but you can do it and you have the support of everyone here as long as you give us your promise everyday.

Cold turkey is the only form of quit we tolerate here so you are doing it right. I felt really down and dysfunctional my first few weeks (I am currently on day 54), but it will get better. I can't say for sure when you will improve, but know that each day you remain quit you are healing. Your addiction is like an illness and posting roll-call on this site is your medication.

Happy to be quit with you

"You young whipper snappers get off my lawn....."

- @flash

It's funny because he's old.
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline BaylorGrad19

• Quit Date: October 23, 2022
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 165
Re: New member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 12:48:55 AM »
Hey Drewski,

Welcome to the site! I am 22 years old myself, you and I may be some of the few on this site without kids or marriage haha.
Anyways, I'm glad you have decided to quit at such a young age and after such a short period of use, that is a really smart decision. As for the cancer scare, be happy about overcoming that victory, but don't let the lack of cancer let you become complacent in your quit, use it as an opportunity to remain quit. The next pinch, pouch, or any form of tobacco could be what ultimately kills you. I may sound dramatic but each day you remain quit is a choice to stay alive rather than poisoning yourself.

We have a simple cost of admission for KTC, WUPP (wake up piss post roll) to your December quit group, so that you promise to remain quit ODAAT (one day at a time). I strongly encourage that you go over to your December quit-group forum and post roll early every day, join the groupme's, chat with your fellow quitters and veterans, and learn about what you are dealing with. This isn't going to be an easy road, but you can do it and you have the support of everyone here as long as you give us your promise everyday.

Cold turkey is the only form of quit we tolerate here so you are doing it right. I felt really down and dysfunctional my first few weeks (I am currently on day 54), but it will get better. I can't say for sure when you will improve, but know that each day you remain quit you are healing. Your addiction is like an illness and posting roll-call on this site is your medication.

Happy to be quit with you
Never Again For Any Reason
One Day At A Time

Offline drewski

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 19
« on: September 11, 2019, 07:17:40 PM »
What is up boys!! (& gals) My name is Drew and I am twenty years old. I started dipping about two years ago and after some scares of cancer I have decided to quit. I am currently on my fourth day of cold turkey after a can and a half day habit. I am feeling HORRIBLE right now and that is why I joined here so you guys can help me through. I want to beat this! I would always have a dip in driving anywhere and always at work. This week has felt super long and I am just really dazed.