Author Topic: Here I go again  (Read 1499 times)

Offline BaylorGrad19

• Quit Date: October 23, 2022
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 165
Re: Here I go again
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 02:20:33 AM »
FF2019,

You've come to the right place. KTC will help you stay quit as long as you want help for yourself. You will only get out as much as you put into this site.

I'm not going to lie to you, there will be hard times ahead. But you need to remember, that each day you are quit you will get better. Your addiction is an illness, and roll-call is your medicine.
You have good days and bad days ahead of you. It's important on the bad days to remember that nicotine will not make you feel better. You need to learn to hate chew. Start changing your mindset now.

During the early days, it helps to stay busy. When the craves are horrible, try exercising. Removing chew from your life is equivalent to jumping into cold water, its going to be extremely uncomfortable at first, but you will adjust to it.

You have a ton of support here quitting with you each day.
Never Again For Any Reason
One Day At A Time

Offline Gemni888

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 05:15:42 PM »
Keep Rolling, every day you dont dip you gain more of your self back. This can and will be done

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • January '18 F.U.R.Y. Council
  • Quit Date: 9/29/17 And Every Damn Day Since
  • Likes Given: 2887
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 12:38:14 PM »
Hello all, I’m finishing up day 6 here today. I’m 47 as of Aug 2nd. Have many attempts under my belt since approx 2000. Started smoking at age 15 due to a broken collar bone, when offered a cigarette for the first time. It seemed to relieve the pain and then I was hooked. Come from parents that both smoked all of my childhood, but I never had the desire until that day I was offered my first. After that, I tried a few sips from a buddy, but I still preferred cigs. Smoked for 10 yrs until my first house purchase (1997) and wife and I decided there would be no smoking in the house. Ok, cool, I want to quit anyway, I’ll just start dipping for about 6mos and I’m sure I won’t like it so then I’ll quit and be done with Nicotine’s grip on me.

Fast forward to 2019, again after several failed attempts and my longest “stoppage” of 6mos, I’m still battling this bitch! I promised myself that I wouldn’t enter my 47th yr of life still slave to this shit, but here I am, Aug 2nd came and went, I’m still dipping. Finally this past weekend, I decided it was time for a different approach with better accountability. This is where KTC comes in.

Thanks for listening.

Hey man, welcome!  You're already doing a great job posting roll, being active and asking questions.  That's one of the first steps to success here.  It looks like you already have exchanged digits for the accountability aspect; also a great thing!  I'm happy to exchange with you if you want another person to be accountable to.  Making relationships really helps the accountability.  Keeping your word to strangers gives us addicts an easy out, but building relationships helps fortify the quit.

Just stick to one day at a time.  You're far enough along that the shit is out of your system; it's just a mental thing.  My early on suggestion is to cut back on caffeine dramatically; eliminate alcohol for at least the first 50 days and drink tons of water. 

Drink the kool-aid; this site really works and there are a ton of vets looking to help.  Dipping never will solve a problem; it will just create a second one.  And when you think about caving; remember that it won't be a glorious buzz...it will be filled with anger and regret.  Just keep your word and the days add up my friend.  The other thing you should do is force yourself to hate it.  It's the reason you are in a fog and feeling miserable.  Don't snap at friends or family; dip is the culprit.  Remember that every day and you will eventually learn to despise it.  I'm 104 days into my quit and i loathe it.  Proud to be quit with you today.

Thanks Ruthless, noted!!

As @Ruthless pointed out, everyone actively posting here is looking to help. Shoot me a PM with your digits and I'll send you mine back.

This place is pretty straightforward @FF2019 -

Wake up...
Piss...
Post roll...
KEEP YOUR WORD...
Repeat daily...

If you do that, you will be quit. It's not going to be easy, but at almost two years quit now I can tell you that it's well worth it. Get digits from as many people as you can. Get them from EVERYONE in your group, and as many vets as you can. Then USE those digits. Text. Call. Get to know your fellow quitters. What you'll find is an incredible brotherhood, unbelievable accountability, and believe it or not, some of the best friends you'll ever have.

You CAN do this.

SRains918 (Steve)
... "If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit." - walterwhite .......... My HOF Speech .......... Day One 9/29/17 ... HOF 1/6/18 ... 2nd Floor 4/16/18 ... 3rd Floor 7/25/18 ... 1st Lap 9/28/18 ... 4th Floor 11/2/18 ... 1/2 Comma 2/10/19 ... 6th Floor 5/21/19 ... 7th Floor 8/29/19 ... 2nd Lap 9/29/19 ... 8th Floor 12/7/19 ... Now accepting applications for F.U.R.Y. Council 2.0 - text for details ...

Offline FF2019

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 09:13:15 PM »
Hello all, I’m finishing up day 6 here today. I’m 47 as of Aug 2nd. Have many attempts under my belt since approx 2000. Started smoking at age 15 due to a broken collar bone, when offered a cigarette for the first time. It seemed to relieve the pain and then I was hooked. Come from parents that both smoked all of my childhood, but I never had the desire until that day I was offered my first. After that, I tried a few sips from a buddy, but I still preferred cigs. Smoked for 10 yrs until my first house purchase (1997) and wife and I decided there would be no smoking in the house. Ok, cool, I want to quit anyway, I’ll just start dipping for about 6mos and I’m sure I won’t like it so then I’ll quit and be done with Nicotine’s grip on me.

Fast forward to 2019, again after several failed attempts and my longest “stoppage” of 6mos, I’m still battling this bitch! I promised myself that I wouldn’t enter my 47th yr of life still slave to this shit, but here I am, Aug 2nd came and went, I’m still dipping. Finally this past weekend, I decided it was time for a different approach with better accountability. This is where KTC comes in.

Thanks for listening.

Hey man, welcome!  You're already doing a great job posting roll, being active and asking questions.  That's one of the first steps to success here.  It looks like you already have exchanged digits for the accountability aspect; also a great thing!  I'm happy to exchange with you if you want another person to be accountable to.  Making relationships really helps the accountability.  Keeping your word to strangers gives us addicts an easy out, but building relationships helps fortify the quit.

Just stick to one day at a time.  You're far enough along that the shit is out of your system; it's just a mental thing.  My early on suggestion is to cut back on caffeine dramatically; eliminate alcohol for at least the first 50 days and drink tons of water. 

Drink the kool-aid; this site really works and there are a ton of vets looking to help.  Dipping never will solve a problem; it will just create a second one.  And when you think about caving; remember that it won't be a glorious buzz...it will be filled with anger and regret.  Just keep your word and the days add up my friend.  The other thing you should do is force yourself to hate it.  It's the reason you are in a fog and feeling miserable.  Don't snap at friends or family; dip is the culprit.  Remember that every day and you will eventually learn to despise it.  I'm 104 days into my quit and i loathe it.  Proud to be quit with you today.

Thanks Ruthless, noted!!
“If you don’t confront the tough stuff, it will always have control over you” - Grant Cardone

Offline Ruthless

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date : 29 May 2019
  • Likes Given: 558
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 08:56:45 PM »

Thanks for listening.

Remember, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  If you fail, learn why you failed and try something different!

My HoF Speech

Offline FF2019

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 80
Here I go again
« on: September 09, 2019, 07:56:18 PM »

Thanks for listening.
“If you don’t confront the tough stuff, it will always have control over you” - Grant Cardone