Author Topic: Day 2 -  (Read 3299 times)

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Day 2 -
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 12:26:00 AM »
Quote from: Erussell
I am addicted to guys like you Boomdrum.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 12:21:00 AM »
I am addicted to being quit with guys like you Boomdrum.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline boomdrum

• Quitter
  • Interests: Drums, drumming, music, disc golf...
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 08:23:00 PM »
Quote from: Matt
Thanks BD, I am movie illiterate and will rent that one and watching it will have more significance because of your post.  Also I look forward to my next day free of Nicotine.  Sometimes a good movie does a lot to adjust the proper perspective.
Hi Matt! This movie is an oldie, but a goodie. McQueen won best actor in '63. The TV series Hogan's Heroes was based on this movie. The movie was also based on a true story!

Good luck in your quit my friend and let me know if can help in any way.

Offline Matt F

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2013, 05:14:00 PM »
Thanks BD, I am movie illiterate and will rent that one and watching it will have more significance because of your post. Also I look forward to my next day free of Nicotine. Sometimes a good movie does a lot to adjust the proper perspective.

Offline boomdrum

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 01:13:00 PM »
Happy Memorial Day! I'm 27 days nic-free today.

The Great Escape is my favorite war movie. People like to complain about Hollywood and Television, etc...but damnit if they didn't give us some great war movies. Steve McQueen is the coolest.

I've never been in the military, but I'm in a battle with a 35-year addiction to nicotine. 27 days in and I'm winning. I'm fucking Steve McQueen digging through the nicotine tunnel!!

Thank you to all who serve/have served our country and communities!

Let's keep quit and make the great escape together!

Ironically, Steve McQueen may have died from cancer caused by activities while serving our country...God bless Steve McQueen.

A few months before his death, McQueen had given a medical interview in which he blamed his condition on asbestos exposure.[68] While McQueen felt asbestos used in movie soundstage insulation and race-drivers' protective suits and helmets could have been involved, he believed his illness was a direct result of massive exposure while removing asbestos lagging from pipes aboard a troop ship during his time in the Marines.[69][70]

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 09:12:00 PM »
Bitchin' job postin' roll dude :)
Don't let yourself get lazy. Keep reading, be involved, MAKE FRIENDS, be active in your quit. Head over to chat, it really does help to pass the time. Again, if you need anything... right here for ya man. Know what?... I quit with you today! Rock it bro...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline dkite

• Quitter
  • Interests: fishing, hunting, gardening, bears football
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 04:11:00 PM »
Quote from: boomdrum
Thanks so much guys. Stocked up on Jolly Ranchers and sunflower seeds yesterday.

Very little sleep last night, so will try some Melatonin tonight.

So glad I came across this site. :)
Welcome to the site it is the best site I know of and owe my future to it I quit with you. I will pm you my digits

Offline n2chukar

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »
Check your PM for my digits.

Don't forget the Live Chat if you go berserk. I used on numerous occasions and it helped. Just keep your head down through the fog and take out your frustrations on us instead of your family.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 09:38:00 PM »
You guys rock! Jolly Ranchers, seeds and Smoky Mountain helped me through today. Totally getting some Atomic Fireballs!

Thanks again!

Wmcatty, got your PM. Thanks, bro.
Good to have you boomdrum. You won't be sorry. Taking your life back is the greatest. I took my life back 76 days ago,, and I also started at a young age. It's not been easy, but it's been so worth it. Life is so much better without the can. Your going to go through a lot of changes in the next couple weeks. All that's happening is your body is fixing what you have been messing up for umpteen years. Glad to be quit with you. Take your life back one day at a time.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »
You guys rock! Jolly Ranchers, seeds and Smoky Mountain helped me through today. Totally getting some Atomic Fireballs!

Thanks again!

You rock bro....I feel a strong quitter here.....

Right now you are operating on adrenaline and excitement.....which is awesome!! but strap in....cuz its going to be a wild ride....

You got this....
Quit 04.02.2012 --- HOF 07.11.2012 --- 5 Years 04.02.2017

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

Defy the odds. Set a new standard. STEP UP!

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline boomdrum

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 09:23:00 PM »

Thanks again!

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 05:08:00 PM »
Hey Boomdrum. Welcome to the party. You have had some pretty good advice so far, so I will just add a little information that you might find usefull in the next few days, weeks or months. Check the upper top right of your screen and you will see an "inbox". Open it, as I have sent you my cell number. Store the number and call me when you feel the need to talk to someone or before you feel like going to the store to get a can. This is one of the safe-guard mechanisms we use here to help each other out. You will get alot more numbers from others and you will mentor others as well. I used tobacco for 45 years, so I guess I am a little bit qualified to speak about its addictive qualities...and I quit 167 days ago with help from this site and the folks on here. Welcome aboard.
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 03:36:00 PM »
Well done, Boomdrum! Embrace the suck! Turn the tables on the Nic Bitch. Laugh at that withdrawals and the craves. You're in charge now...not her.

Withdrawal symptoms are a privilege reserved to those who have the guts to post roll and keep their word. You GET to feel this crappy because YOU had the guts to quit. They are the feeling of freedom.

One day at a time, brother. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »
Atomic fireballs. Get some :)
Welcome in dude. You won't do this alone. Newbie or Vet, we all do this the same as you... One day at a time. Quitting right along with you... PM if you need anything. Rock it, bro...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 12:29:00 PM »
Thanks so much guys. Stocked up on Jolly Ranchers and sunflower seeds yesterday.

Very little sleep last night, so will try some Melatonin tonight.

So glad I came across this site. :)
Boom, welcome to the site! Remember these early days, they will be the key for you later. I quit with you, reach out if you need anything.