Community > Introductions

New Quitter

(1/26) > >>

Keith0617:
2012 days in a row I have stayed away from nicotine. Probably is the achievement I am most proud of accomplishing. I hate to think about the amount of lies, money spent, and harm I voluntarily did to my body because of my nicotine addiction. I know countless quitters here at KTC and we all share a few stories - I’ll quit after one more can, after hunting season, after golf season, when things calm down at work. The problem is as an addict, all we do if keep putting off the day we quit. At some point, you need to realize whether you want to quit or not, you need to quit. Take back control of your life and do an action that prolongs your life instead of one that is proven to shorten it.

All of us at KTC once sat where you are sitting. I can tell you quitting is possible and much easier than you think when you do it with others and also have a support and accountability system in place. Quitting ODAAT - one day at a time, and letting the days add up, it doesn’t take too long before you start to see things improve and quitting getting easier. Here is the link to start saving your life. https://discord.gg/9qXQcTHuhd  Come join us.

Keith0617:
Went to the dentist yesterday. Received a great checkup which I expect when I go to the dentist. I remember being soooo scared to go. I knew they would ask about dipping and why I wanted to do something that I knew could kill me. I never had a good answer. I would lie and say I was going to quit. Finally I stopped going for a number of years to avoid the conversation. It amazed me then and still amazes me now on how strong the addiction really is.

Isn’t it time to face the music that you need to stop? All of us at KTC once sat where you are sitting. I can tell you quitting is possible and much easier than you think when you do it with others and also have a support and accountability system in place. There isn’t a better day than today to start taking back control of your life. But quitting ODAAT - one day at a time, and letting the days add up, it doesn’t take too long before you start to see things improve and quitting getting easier. Here is the link to start saving your life. https://discord.gg/9qXQcTHuhd  Come join us.

Keith0617:
1900 days of not doing something that will eventually either kill you or severely damage your health. There are a ton of us who haven’t paid the price for stuffing a cancer causing dead plant into our lips. We are extremely fortunate. We were so hooked that we still justified doing it even when we learned the consequences.

I can tell you quitting with others here on KTC has been much easier than it ever was on my own. Having a network of quitter that I can call anytime and they will provide the accountability and support I need to get through hard times is priceless. Quitting is hard. Life is hard. Excuses to stuff nicotine back into our lips is easy. Aren’t you worth doing something hard? If you can’t handle quitting how are you going to handle the surgeries, chemo, and radiation?

There isn’t a better day than today to start taking back control of your life. But quitting ODAAT - one day at a time, and letting the days add up, it doesn’t take too long before you start to see things improve and quitting getting easier. Here is the link to start saving your life. https://discord.gg/9qXQcTHuhd  Come join us.

Dipchit:

--- Quote from: Keith0617 on October 20, 2023, 09:20:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dipchit on October 20, 2023, 02:06:55 PM ---Congratulations on 5 years free of the devil dirt we used to stuff in our lips. I’m only 131 days out and unfortunately I’m still struggling but I really look up to you veterans to get me through this journey. So far I have endured some of the most powerful cravings but I refuse to cave. If I didn’t cave I would have had 18 years this coming November 10th.
We cannot change the past but we can definitely control our future and I cannot see myself with a dip in my lip ever again. Congratulations my friend.

--- End quote ---
Thank you. You know it gets better. So give it time. Focus on one day at a time. You can do it.

--- End quote ---
I will do just that. ODAAT. Thanks Keith.

Keith0617:

--- Quote from: Dipchit on October 20, 2023, 02:06:55 PM ---Congratulations on 5 years free of the devil dirt we used to stuff in our lips. I’m only 131 days out and unfortunately I’m still struggling but I really look up to you veterans to get me through this journey. So far I have endured some of the most powerful cravings but I refuse to cave. If I didn’t cave I would have had 18 years this coming November 10th.
We cannot change the past but we can definitely control our future and I cannot see myself with a dip in my lip ever again. Congratulations my friend.

--- End quote ---
Thank you. You know it gets better. So give it time. Focus on one day at a time. You can do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version