Author Topic: Fake Chew Recipe  (Read 23889 times)

Offline AwakenedOne

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Proud Member of the April 2020 Cobra Kai Quit Dojo
  • Quit Date: 01/10/2020
  • Interests: Fearing God, Following Jesus, The Bible, my wife and kids, helping others, Texas A&M Aggies football, playing guitar, golf, guns, playing pick-up basketball, camping, fishing, quitting both nicotine and recreational cannabis
  • Likes Given: 598
Re: Fake Chew Recipe
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2020, 05:01:05 PM »
I have found several simple concoctions that alleviate the stress from the absence of a pinch between the cheek and gums.

3 mint or spearmint tea bags opened up
3 kale stems finely chopped as a "base"
1 teaspoon of white pepper
1 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of semi crusher whole cloves with a mortar and pestle
1 tablespoon of fresh crushed ginger
I crushed up several multivitamins and Advil with a mortar and pestle
Alternates include: coffee grounds, sriracha, cinnamon, shredded carrots, beef jerky and caffeinated tea.

I find that the pepper gives the needed "kick".  The cloves give a needed "numbing effect".  the kale makes a great consistency that creates a great pinch.

I play with the quantities to give me the consistency of chew.

This recipe is my 7th attempt and has been my best blend.  Good luck on this challenging task.  Please try this out and add any suggestions you find!!

Thanks
Jon.

Thanks for the ideas!  I’ve been using SM, but at $4 a can, can’t continue forever.  Have you noticed that your “dipper’s pouch”, as the dentist calls it, stays the same as when you dipped the real thing?  Mine certainly has, which is starting to make me question why one is better, or worse, than the other.  Maybe I’m just trying to justify a dip.

I have tried to quit many times in my 20+ Years of a Tin or 2 a day. I have tried most of the Fake Dips out there. Like you said the Pouch stays. That's what we do, Try to justify a Dip. I even fell for the Black Buffalo and Fully Loaded Fake Dip, but with Nicotine, But it keeps us Addicted. I have been losing weight since last fall. I am gaining some back as I am in the Suck. I love Seeds but they kill my Gums even worse. My go to? Cinnamon or Peppermint hard candies, Jolly Ranchers etc. I hate all the extra sugar, Veggie sticks (Celery & Carrots) work a bit, Sometimes I treat myself with some good Beef Jerky (I am saving anywhere from $8 - $16 a day! ) so spending a little is not so bad.

The thing I find that helps me, I had the Wife open another Savings Account, at the end of the Week I toss  $56 in and I'm just watching it grow, at the End when I feel I am free of the Nic Bitch I will buy myself something Nice!

Don't wait until you think you are free of the nic bitch Rick.  We are never free of her.  She is always there, lurking in the shadows and she will always be there.  We are addicts, plan and simple.  We will be addicts until the day we die.  I would suggest saving up and taking your wife on a nice vacation whenever that amount is reached.
Chris speaks a hard truth but an important one at that. When I signed up on here 1,010 days ago, I was under the mental attitude that I could "beat this habit" and be cured. That was before I came to terms with the fact that I was an addict, I was fighting an addiction (not a habit) and that addictions are never "beat". Addictions stick with us for the remainder of our lives and require a proactive approach to not fall back into using whatever it is we are addicted to (in this case nicotine).

I love the idea of starting a savings account and using the money saved from being QUIT on something else. But this war we wage is not to achieve some end date but rather a war waged one day at a time, controlling our destiny each day with which we are blessed.

Proud to be quit with you TODAY.
Can someone tell me why there is "Advil" in the recipe?  I wake up a little sore every once in a while, but I never imagined I'd dip Advil.  Asking for a friend.
I too am curious as to why Advil is in the mix.
 INTRODUCTION | H.O.F SPEECH | H.O.F WRITE-UP
Q u i t : 1 / 1 0 / 2 0 | H O F : 4 / 1 8 / 2 0 | F 2 : 7 / 2 7 / 2 0 | F 3 : 1 1 / 4 / 2 0 | Y 1 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 1 | F 4 : 0 2 / 1 2 / 2 1 | F 5 : 0 5 / 2 3 / 2 1 | F 6 :  8 / 31 / 2 1 | F 7 : 1 2 / 9 / 2 1 | Y 2 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 2 | F 8: 0 3 / 1 9 / 2 2  | F 9: 6 / 2 7 / 2 2 | 1 K 1 0 / 0 5 / 2 2 | Y 3 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 3 | F 1 1 :  0 1 / 1 3 / 2 3 | F 1 2 :  0 4 / 2 3 / 2 3 | F 1 3 :  0 8 / 0 1 / 2 3 | F 1 4 :  1 1 / 0 9 / 2 3 Y 4 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 4 | F 1 5 :  ( i n  p r o g r e s s )
P R O V E R B S  3 : 5 - 6 | R O M A N S  1 2 : 1 - 2 | 1  C O R I N T H I A N S 1 3 : 1 - 1 3 | C O L O S S I A N S  3 : 1 2 - 1 4

A      W      A      K      E      N       E      D
T  O    T  H  E    E  V  I  L  S    O  F    N  I  C  O  T  I  N  E    &    A  D  D  I  C  T  I  O  N
M  A  D  E    P  O  W  E  R  F  U  L    B  Y  J E S U S
T  H  E    H  O  L  Y
O    N    E

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 09:22:34 AM »
I have found several simple concoctions that alleviate the stress from the absence of a pinch between the cheek and gums.

Alternates include: coffee grounds, sriracha, cinnamon, shredded carrots, beef jerky and caffeinated tea.

I find that the pepper gives the needed "kick".  The cloves give a needed "numbing effect".  the kale makes a great consistency that creates a great pinch.

This recipe is my 7th attempt and has been my best blend.  Good luck on this challenging task.  Please try this out and add any suggestions you find!!

Thanks
Jon.

Thanks for the ideas!  I’ve been using SM, but at $4 a can, can’t continue forever.  Have you noticed that your “dipper’s pouch”, as the dentist calls it, stays the same as when you dipped the real thing?  Mine certainly has, which is starting to make me question why one is better, or worse, than the other.  Maybe I’m just trying to justify a dip.

I have tried to quit many times in my 20+ Years of a Tin or 2 a day. I have tried most of the Fake Dips out there. Like you said the Pouch stays. That's what we do, Try to justify a Dip. I even fell for the Black Buffalo and Fully Loaded Fake Dip, but with Nicotine, But it keeps us Addicted. I have been losing weight since last fall. I am gaining some back as I am in the Suck. I love Seeds but they kill my Gums even worse. My go to? Cinnamon or Peppermint hard candies, Jolly Ranchers etc. I hate all the extra sugar, Veggie sticks (Celery & Carrots) work a bit, Sometimes I treat myself with some good Beef Jerky (I am saving anywhere from $8 - $16 a day! ) so spending a little is not so bad.

The thing I find that helps me, I had the Wife open another Savings Account, at the end of the Week I toss  $56 in and I'm just watching it grow, at the End when I feel I am free of the Nic Bitch I will buy myself something Nice!

Don't wait until you think you are free of the nic bitch Rick.  We are never free of her.  She is always there, lurking in the shadows and she will always be there.  We are addicts, plan and simple.  We will be addicts until the day we die.  I would suggest saving up and taking your wife on a nice vacation whenever that amount is reached.
Chris speaks a hard truth but an important one at that. When I signed up on here 1,010 days ago, I was under the mental attitude that I could "beat this habit" and be cured. That was before I came to terms with the fact that I was an addict, I was fighting an addiction (not a habit) and that addictions are never "beat". Addictions stick with us for the remainder of our lives and require a proactive approach to not fall back into using whatever it is we are addicted to (in this case nicotine).

I love the idea of starting a savings account and using the money saved from being QUIT on something else. But this war we wage is not to achieve some end date but rather a war waged one day at a time, controlling our destiny each day with which we are blessed.

Can someone tell me why there is "Advil" in the recipe?  I wake up a little sore every once in a while, but I never imagined I'd dip Advil.  Asking for a friend.
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4332
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 02:30:01 PM »

Thanks
Jon.

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 11:38:37 AM »

Thanks
Jon.

If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/19
  • Likes Given: 224
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2019, 10:01:26 AM »

Thanks
Jon.

Offline JRZoid

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 01:09:31 PM »
Well they had some that was Nasty like wintergreen Grass or something but was the right consistency, I think it was like Smokey Mountain or something, I remember that I had put a big waddd of that in.

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 350
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 11:29:25 AM »
We've got a SLEW of info about fake dip on the main site. Reviews, ingredients, etc.

https://www.killthecan.org/fakedip/
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline JRZoid

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 07:34:34 PM »
Well I usually started grabbing at Candy..Hard Candy like and gum whatever etc...or some Sunflower Seeds.

Offline cranberry

• BANNED
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 10:01:02 AM »
Going to try this! Hope it really works for me!

I am planning to document this on my hPage.com website soon.

You can create a website for free there if you like too.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 08:42:08 AM by cranberry »

Offline Samrs

• GUD BOI!
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Just freaking post roll, OK?
  • Quit Date: 10 Jan 2017
  • Interests: Writing, gaming (computer, tabletop, board and card), SF/Fantasy, hapkido.
  • Likes Given: 1561
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 12:09:55 AM »
Here's one that has worked for me.

1.  Find a bag or can of ground coffee
2.  Open bag
3.  If it's your bag, grab a pinch.  If it's not, use a cup or spoon.
4.  Put coffee grounds in your lip.

It's actually pretty easy, pretty good, and you can find coffee anywhere.

I did a kind of homemade cowboy-coffee.

Fine ground dark roast coffee, just enough coffee creamer to wet it, then add honey a little bit at a time until it sticks together.

Throw in a ziplock in the fridge.
"We have so much experience here in lying to ourselves and others, that it takes a strong voice to snap ourselves out of it... Be thankful that all these people are willing to be invested in you saving your life." -- drstober
"You're playing a game of chicken with a dead plant in a plastic can. If you cave you lost to a dead plant." -- Candoit
"The answer isn't more numbers. The answer is build relationships." -- Broccoli-saurus
"ok. now groop hug." -- 'drome
"The rule is WUPP (Wake Up Piss Post) regardless of time or zone, unless you are in the Phantom Zone.  In that case, hit up Jor-El and he can get you on roll." -- S412
My Intro - The Weight of Days - Mall Walking - Workin' it off in the Excercise Group

Offline ScaredStraight

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 10:17:26 AM »

Thanks
Jon.

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 02:07:49 PM »
Here's one that has worked for me.

1.  Find a bag or can of ground coffee
2.  Open bag
3.  If it's your bag, grab a pinch.  If it's not, use a cup or spoon.
4.  Put coffee grounds in your lip.

It's actually pretty easy, pretty good, and you can find coffee anywhere. 

Offline demo_nonstop

Fake Chew Recipe
« on: September 23, 2018, 11:43:53 PM »

Thanks
Jon.