Community > General Discussion

General Discussion - 2016

(1/129) > >>

Njohns23:

--- Quote from: bstimmle ---Is there a quit group for people who's date will be in April 2017? I wrote that tomorrow will be my quit day, but I'm still going strong today, so it looks like my quit day is today. I'm not really sure how to sign up for it....this is my first post, and I just joined a half hour ago. Thanks for any help. Damn my head hurts.
--- End quote ---
Nice work getting started. Sent you a email if you need help!!

bstimmle:
Is there a quit group for people who's date will be in April 2017? I wrote that tomorrow will be my quit day, but I'm still going strong today, so it looks like my quit day is today. I'm not really sure how to sign up for it....this is my first post, and I just joined a half hour ago. Thanks for any help. Damn my head hurts.

Frobozz:
I know I don't post much, but I do want to post this.

I am very appreciative of the assistance you have given me since I joined up. Posting roll is truly necessary for me in maintaining not just my quit, but for my new nicotine-free life.

As I move into 2017 - my first calendar year since 1989 with no nicotine at all, the Deity willing - I hope you will be there for me. I promise to do my very best to be there for you when I become ready to take on that role.

Peace and Abundant Blessings,
Frobozz

Remshot:

--- Quote from: dieselchick87 ---
--- Quote from: Stranger999 ---One thing about this site that bugs me is that lots of folks seem to have a "stay in your lane" mentality. By that I mean many just post roll in their own quit group. I'd suggest reading and being involved in the groups ahead and behind. There is great advice everywhere here. Quitting takes work, and often I read a post from another quit group or an introduction thread that reinvigorates my quit. I'm sure the "stay in your lane" people probably won't read this but I just wanted to post this anyway. ;)
--- End quote ---
there is no adventure to staying in your own lane...... plus its boring... B)B

I wouldn't have ever found this gem if I had stayed tucked comfortably within the confines of the League of Extraordinary Quitters (Jan '17)

single/?p=410247t=1004321

--- End quote ---
Great post/quote from a great quitter!

I have no idea who is promoting that people stay in their own groups...If someone is, they could not be more wrong.

Branch out. Learn from the people who went ahead of you, help the people coming up behind you.

Dieselchick87:

--- Quote from: Stranger999 ---One thing about this site that bugs me is that lots of folks seem to have a "stay in your lane" mentality. By that I mean many just post roll in their own quit group. I'd suggest reading and being involved in the groups ahead and behind. There is great advice everywhere here. Quitting takes work, and often I read a post from another quit group or an introduction thread that reinvigorates my quit. I'm sure the "stay in your lane" people probably won't read this but I just wanted to post this anyway. ;)
--- End quote ---
there is no adventure to staying in your own lane...... plus its boring... B)B

I wouldn't have ever found this gem if I had stayed tucked comfortably within the confines of the League of Extraordinary Quitters (Jan '17)

single/?p=410247t=1004321

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version