Community > General Discussion

General Discussion - 2010

(1/104) > >>

Nolaq:

--- Quote from: Nolaq ---Life throws you some shit sometimes. Are you ever ready for it? Things are going along fine and then, boom. Car breaks down. Boss lays you off. Your daughter got denied her student loan. Your mortgage is overdue. Your wife is leaving you. Your mom dies.

It has been said many times before by people who are far more articulate than I, so I will paraphrase - It matters not how many times a man gets knocked down; what matters is how many times he gets back up. I am getting back up today. I will get back up tomorrow. I will continue to get up. That's who I am. That's who my kids think I am. That's who my wife needs me to be. That's who my parents raised me to be. I will continue to get up because God has given me that resolve.

My addiction will not help me stand. It will not help me get up. For those of you that have been following the drama in the Springer family, I have been dealing with even more than I have shared here. The one thing is, I will not dip to 'make it all better'. I will not dip to 'ease the nerves'. I will not dip 'just to get through this'. I will not dip.

To all the incredible quitters here that have sent their prayers, kind words, and support; I cannot begin to thank you all. Words cannot express my gratitude. From the fine group of quitters in June 2010 to everyone that PM'd, texted, or emailed. I couldn't list you all, because I'd forget someone and I don't want to do that.

If you're a newbie and thinking about quitting dip - stick around. You're in for the ride of your life. The question is, "Are you ready?"
--- End quote ---
Five years ago today I lost mom to Cancer. Cancer sucks.

Never Again. For Any Reason.

brianl:

--- Quote from: skeebs0615 --- I have decided after 25 years of dipping to quit at midnight tonight. I am dedicated...
--- End quote ---
Happy New Year!

Now get it done!

tarpon17:

--- Quote from: skeebs0615 --- I have decided after 25 years of dipping to quit at midnight tonight. I am dedicated...
--- End quote ---
awesome! Best choice you've made this year!

Join the site and post roll religiously. Get some #'s from April buds and set your first target to quit for 100 days.

mule:

--- End quote ---
grab a hold of sumpin and hold on title.....

YOU can save your life today......we can help.

post roll and let us......

index.php?showtopic=4159hl=

duvallp:

--- End quote ---
Throw that can away and post roll. I was a can a day Kodiak abuser for 19 years and I've been clean for the past 68 days. This program works. I tried quitting on my own and when I was on the brink of caving, I found this support group. It can work for you too.
Pat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version