Community > General Discussion

General Discussion - 2014

(1/242) > >>

Its_Got2Happen:
Are you thinking about quitting dip? Well you have come to the right place. I used to make quitting dip my top New Years resolution every year. Well that would last for about 3 or 4 days until things got really tough. I always found some reason or excuse to return to dipping.

2 years ago I found this site. This site helped me to understand many things.

1. I am an addict.
2. I am not alone.
3. It is OK to rely upon support.
4. Accountability is important.
5. It is possible to live without nicotine.

If you want to be free from nicotine, than make it happen. Do it NOW. Do it TODAY. Don't wait for some magical day, when it will be easier, or more convenient. That day is never coming.

Happy New Year everyone.

Ryan

paulx1:

--- Quote from: offroaddad73 ---Happy early New Years to all on here. My name's Chris and this is my 4th day dip free. I've been dipping off and on for twenty years and have quit a few times during that span, the longest time was 2 and a half years. I honestly don't know why I started back up, just got bored one day I guess. I was an aircraft mechanic for the longest time and it always seemed to help me concentrate when I would put a big ol' fat dip in right before I started a big maintenance task. As the years have gone by though, I've actually gotten tired of dipping and thought I would quit for good this time. My kids were always asking me to quit, so this year I made them a promise that on Christmas, I would quit. So far so good, my last dip was 6pm Christmas Eve and although it's been killing me to have a dip, I've fought off the urges pretty well. Today, I knew, would be a big test though since I am back to work today, and I usually put a nice juicy dip in right before I start a project. It's been a killer today, I've thought about dipping all day, but I've manned up and pressed on. Anyway, just wanted to say hey and to say how happy I am that I found this site. It sure does help reading all of the stories and knowing that there are so many of you who have gone through or who are currently going through all of the same things I am right now.
--- End quote ---
Hey Chris.

Welcome to the club. I'm brand new myself, quit December 20 and found this site same as you did. It's pretty simple - a lot of guys and and some women kicking the can. Each morning you log in and reaffirm your commitment to quit. It's really easy to buy a can or bum a chew and then you're right back to where you started. Logging in each day takes a couple minutes but may be just enough to stop you from taking your next chew because some random event made you cave.

Some of us have been chewing over 30 years so you wont find anyone here that hasn't been there.

I'd be glad to give you the ropes on how to do it (same as someone else did for me). If you do join be aware that participation is expected.

You may be hearing from some of the veterans as well.

(I found your post by rereading some of the older stuff to get me over this hump!)

PS: You might want to post your intro to the Introductions section. (Start a new topic)

Paul

offroaddad73:
Happy early New Years to all on here. My name's Chris and this is my 4th day dip free. I've been dipping off and on for twenty years and have quit a few times during that span, the longest time was 2 and a half years. I honestly don't know why I started back up, just got bored one day I guess. I was an aircraft mechanic for the longest time and it always seemed to help me concentrate when I would put a big ol' fat dip in right before I started a big maintenance task. As the years have gone by though, I've actually gotten tired of dipping and thought I would quit for good this time. My kids were always asking me to quit, so this year I made them a promise that on Christmas, I would quit. So far so good, my last dip was 6pm Christmas Eve and although it's been killing me to have a dip, I've fought off the urges pretty well. Today, I knew, would be a big test though since I am back to work today, and I usually put a nice juicy dip in right before I start a project. It's been a killer today, I've thought about dipping all day, but I've manned up and pressed on. Anyway, just wanted to say hey and to say how happy I am that I found this site. It sure does help reading all of the stories and knowing that there are so many of you who have gone through or who are currently going through all of the same things I am right now.

soxfnnlansing:
1) use smokey mountain for the rest of your life if it helps keep you quit
2) no

Why not join up with us so we can quit together? You can post up day 24 roll call in March 2015 group. Why not go over to the introduction section and tell us a little about yourself. You are amongst friends here.

soxffn

NEPA11:
Hello everyone, I am currently on day 24 of my quit. I'm only 23 years old but I have chewed since I was 17. This is the farthest I have ever gotten to date. I just had a couple of questions if someone could help answer them i would greatly appreciate it. 1) How long should I keep using Smokey Mt? It is definitely helping in curbing any cravings I am having but I certainly don't want to become addicted to it. 2) Is it possible to get nicotine from 2nd hand smoke? My parents smoke so I am sure parts of the house contain some second hand smoke and I'm worried I'm getting nicotine from it. It seems as if the cravings have plateaud but are not decreasing. Thanks for your help! (I'm sorry my text is mashed together im using my ipad to type)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version