Community > General Discussion

General Discussion - 2017

(1/99) > >>

JB65:

--- Quote from: chewie ---
--- Quote from: Senatical ---You guys are awesome. IÂ’m still a newbie-3 days- but this site is exactly what IÂ’ve been needing. To everyone reading this, thankÂ’s for the support and for caring!
--- End quote ---
WELCOME!

As you can see, you're not alone. Let us know howe can help!

Chewie
--- End quote ---
Sena, Welcome! I see you've joined and have been posting in March 2018. AWESOME! You've taken the first and many say the largest step. Lots of support here, lots of information. Be a leader in your group. Start exchanging numbers with others in your group. I just PM'd you mine. Hit me up ANYTIME.

at 860+ days quit here I can say I never would have made it this long without KTC. Nothing worked after 30 plus years. This place saved my life man. the day by day approach and the accountability of posting roll call is the key as far as Im concerned.

You can do this, make sure if you havent already to do up and intro, or tel lus a little about your quit here.

Merry Christmas, you have chosen the best present you could ever give yourself ! Hold on tight, it wont be easy in the beginning. But with all of us here supporting you, there's no way you wont be successful!

chewie:

--- Quote from: Senatical ---You guys are awesome. IÂ’m still a newbie-3 days- but this site is exactly what IÂ’ve been needing. To everyone reading this, thankÂ’s for the support and for caring!
--- End quote ---
WELCOME!

As you can see, you're not alone. Let us know howe can help!

Chewie

Senatical:
You guys are awesome. IÂ’m still a newbie-3 days- but this site is exactly what IÂ’ve been needing. To everyone reading this, thankÂ’s for the support and for caring!

DjPorkchop:

--- Quote from: pky1520 ---
--- Quote from: Samrs ---
--- Quote from: Quit102017 ---Hope all is well... I'm going to give all my willpower and try to quit this stuff. Today, of all days, should be a good day to quit. I have no idea how busy these forums are but I felt the need to put my hopes down somewhere... I thought it might give me that little extra bit of motivation to get me over the hump and really quit. I threw away any cans I had laying around, and I made a little calendar going though the end of the month so I can look forward to crossing out each day Im clear of this disgusting stuff. If any of you have tips I would love to hear them. Thanks for this resource!
--- End quote ---
Quit - I recommend you read Here's How You Quit... Ball Is In Your Court Now. That gives you a rundown of what's up here at KTC. There is so, so much more here than just a couple of message boards.

Once you've got that, head on over to the [December]topic/30321153/]December quit group[/url] and post roll. Roll is our way of promising each other that we will not have nicotine for the day. We post roll every day here. Our system is pretty simple. Wake up, post roll, and keep your word for the day. Then, the next day, do it all over again. If you make that promise early - first thing every morning - and commit to making it every day, no matter what, then your chances of staying quit will go up exponentially.

I really, really recommend getting plugged in over in December. These first few days are rough, and getting involved in your quit group will help immensely.
--- End quote ---
Samrs laid it out really well, but I'll reiterate that making the promise is much more impactful than simply crossing off days. Being accountable to others is more impactful than simply trying to use your own willpower. Beating this addiction will require everything you've got, but the tools here will make it more manageable.

It can be done though. I posted Day 499 today. You can get there too.

Hope to see you post up in December.
--- End quote ---
Ahhh good old will power! Your will power got you exactly where you are to day and that is an addict! You ever heard the old term "Self will run riot"? Drop the self will and jump in on the KTC way. We don't rely on "will power". We rely on each other to hold a daily promise to our selves and each other not to use just for today. Who gives a rats ass about tomorrow, lets make it through today first ok? When tomorrow morning gets here and I wake up, piss, Ill go post my promise yet again and you can be your ass with the help and promise of others (including yourself) here today, that I will be here for you and all the other BAQ's tomorrow!

Come on in and taste the kool aid. Today's flavor is QLAMF!

chewie:
May 2017 lost a brother recently. Stop by and show them some love.

https://www.killthecan.org/rest-in-peac ... sthistime/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version