Author Topic: The Quit.  (Read 30610 times)

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
Re: The Quit.
« Reply #180 on: September 27, 2023, 05:12:31 AM »
Nick, giant congratulations to you today, your 1,000th day in a row of winning!  It is an honor to quit with you.  From the time you joined this site you embodied the values of brotherhood & accountability, and you've been winning ever since.  It hasn't been easy - there have been tough days, but now you are entering a time where winning gets easier.  Congratulations, sir, and thank you for including so many of us on your ride to freedom.

Michael/worktowin
This. Is. Amazing!
Well done, my brutha… well done!
could not have said it any better! So very pleased that you came along and added value to so many. Hats off to you!
huge congrats @nick-Otine Free freaking awesome on 1k
@nick-Otine Free MANY try to stand where you are today, but more fail. It’s a huge testament to will power you are here. PTQWYT brother!
@BBQchips , @Athan , @Keith0617 , @AppleJack , @worktowin  thanks so much my brothers! I have looked up to you all at one time or another to help me get through a day. I wish these intros and HOF were on discord because they really do help quitters. It’s a honor to be here with you all and though the nic bitch whispers at times it’s the ass whoopin from y’all that keeps me kicken ! Lol thanks again team I really do mean it
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline BBQchips

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Slather on the quit sauce
  • Quit Date: June 28, 2018
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, skiing, hockey, reading, video games
  • Likes Given: 54
« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2023, 03:17:51 PM »
Nick, giant congratulations to you today, your 1,000th day in a row of winning!  It is an honor to quit with you.  From the time you joined this site you embodied the values of brotherhood & accountability, and you've been winning ever since.  It hasn't been easy - there have been tough days, but now you are entering a time where winning gets easier.  Congratulations, sir, and thank you for including so many of us on your ride to freedom.

Michael/worktowin
This. Is. Amazing!
could not have said it any better! So very pleased that you came along and added value to so many. Hats off to you!
@nick-Otine Free MANY try to stand where you are today, but more fail. It’s a huge testament to will power you are here. PTQWYT brother!
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills."

HOF Speech -A lot has happened

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2023, 01:41:24 PM »

Michael/worktowin
This. Is. Amazing!
Jan19

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #177 on: September 25, 2023, 11:51:25 AM »

Michael/worktowin
This. Is. Amazing!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4333
« Reply #176 on: September 25, 2023, 11:40:34 AM »
With great dangle comes great responsibility; enjoy your shiny new comma!
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline zav3nd

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 07/01/2021
  • Likes Given: 94
« Reply #175 on: September 25, 2023, 10:57:55 AM »
Congrats on the triple zeros!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #174 on: September 25, 2023, 10:01:59 AM »

Michael/worktowin
This. Is. Amazing!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #173 on: September 25, 2023, 09:44:58 AM »

Michael/worktowin

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2023, 10:38:38 AM »
Anyone seen Hundy? I heard nick-Otine Free ate him. That's right...nick-Otine Free ate Hundy!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2023, 10:42:36 PM »
You are winning, bro. You started this process the right way, all in. Made friends, traded numbers, and took no excuses. It’s an honor to have you in my corner.
Life is short, shorter than we think. If you’re reading this it means you’re in withdraw trying to find a way through the suck or wishing you had some sort of freedom in your life that is not controlled by big tobacco. Don't ever think it cant be done. Humans are resilient! join your new group in Discord and we will guide you to the life you so desperately  seek.  But you got to want it. drink all the KTC kool-aid . people bitch about vets scaring people off at times... those that truly have quit no this is a Excuse to not accept accountability and skirt the system back to their pathetic can. We Quit for ourselves first and foremost and we no the hard line has to be drawn to defeat the demon that once stained our fingers. It’s a take no prisoner process, LETS change your life, you wont find a more caring batch of strangers any where else. Hell sometimes it feels like they care more about my quit than i do . and im a stone cold quitten sum bitch!

here i am folks 766 days of freedom from the can. and i owe it nothing more than writing a silly number on a line first thing in the morning for a bunch of randoms to judge and persecute should it not be on the line the next day.... IT WORKS!

Nic-free LTBE

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2023, 10:21:23 AM »
Life is short, shorter than we think. If your reading this it means your in withdraw trying to find a way through the suck or wishing you had some sort of freedom in your life that is not controlled by big tobacco. Don't ever think it cant be done. Humans are resilient! join your new group in Discord and we will guide you to the life you so desperately  seek.  But you got to want it. drink all the KTC kool-aid . people bitch about vets scaring people off at times... those that truly have quit no this is a Excuse to not accept accountability and skirt the system back to their pathetic can. We Quit for ourselves first and foremost and we no the hard line has to be drawn to defeat the demon that once stained our fingers. Its a take no prisoner process, LETS change your life, you wont find a more caring batch of strangers any where else. Hell sometimes it feels like they care more about my quit than i do . and im a stone cold quitten sum bitch!

here i am folks 766 days of freedom from the can. and i owe it nothing more than writing a silly number on a line first thing in the morning for a bunch of randoms to judge and persecute should it not be on the line the next day.... IT WORKS!

Nic-free LTBE
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 10:25:36 AM by nick-Otine Free »
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2022, 08:17:35 AM »
Time to Dust of this intro a bit. 500 Days of quit

1 thing you never realize is how long it takes to heal from years of self poisoning. When I started out my quit I estimated I should be clear to go after a months time. Boyyyyy was I Wrong! After joining KTC I come to the conclusion that I was going to need a battle plan. I new I was going to have to set Quit goals to even have a shot at this new found freedom. Once I got zapped with that awful and foggy funk around 95 days quit I new 3 months was only a blimp on the radar of quitting and journey towards independence. So I set out a 6 month goal, Once there I again was feeling the effects of the damage done years past. That 200 funk hit me around 175 days quit and the actual agitation of that phase lasted well into my 200's. This could be do to season change change as well, summer time camping, camp fires, outdoor activity's and sunlight (for us Northerners) was great but hard welcome.

After that i felt pretty good leading up to my year mark. 365 was a huge win for my quit, but it i was still craving hard and I (like a lot of people) started asking myself "Will this ever end?" , "Is it worth this annoyance?" , "Will it be like this forever?" My addiction wanted me to come back, but my mind new better (Thanks to KTC and the tools I learned those first 100 days). I Pushed on with the help of my April Thunderbirds, The encouragement from vets who text me daily still, and the need to pay it forward to the new foggy brained bastard looking for a way to win as well.

I really started to feel my stride around the 480 mark and 500 has never felt so good. Its getting sooooooo much better as each quit goal is crushed and I'm well on my way to being a 15%ers (2 year mark statistic). It takes a brass pair to quit cold turkey, its not rainbows and butterfly's by any sense of the imagination and there are some really dark days but its worth everything once your on the other side reaching down to help the next guy see the light, you also get to see the respect shine in other peoples eyes as they wish they could overcome their own addiction as well.

My 500 advice rephrased off of something I read a little while ago:
" Being a successful quitter takes work and dedication, Its about being the type of person who doesn't miss roll. Its easy to WUPP your first 100 days when your in the suck, But its crucial to show up when your feeling great, even if its only posting 1 time in your group and logging of for the day. Getting on roll EDD for 2 seconds may not look like much, but it reaffirms your Quit" The programming is what I'm after, I make a conscious effort every morning, Am I winner or am I a looser? What do winners do on the hard days? THEY SHOW UP! If your reading this and planning to quit, TOSS THAT SHIT AND LFG!!!!! if your a new post HOF guy , GET AFTER IT and STAY AFTER IT!

Nick-Otine Free- 500 days of pure quit. LTBE, yesterday is long gone, tomorrow may never come, so today, Let your quit be enough.

0-100 days of quit: your in the shit/suck/trench's, lots of hard days sprinkled with some really cool fresh breath of air before you push on to your HOF day. Exercise it critical, magnesium and Ashwagandha vitamins before bed help get you some much needed sleep. Probiotics help alot for gut issues as well I used Kefir brand for a week or so. that 70s funk is a huge ass surprise and derails lots of quits. I almost lost mine from days 85-95. I also quit dipping fake on my HOF day and switched to sugar free gum. theres no way around these hard times, Through is the only option, no it now, accept it, grab a pair and get it done.

100-200 days of quit: Can get lonely, your kind of on your own now, Us vets kinda push you out of the nest to encourage you to fly, not as many people post roll with you, group members start to drop like flys. There is a 200 funk that hit me around 170- 250 days quit actually. it was a trying time but I had the honor of being a conductor to keep me my mind busy from the cravings. But your group its and your quit line are extremely important during this phase. hopefully your in a group text with your fellow team and also having vets telling you there is hope if you get make it through the day. may sound simple but it means everything when the nic bitch is whispering. our brains are finally starting to realize you in this thing for a long haul so lots of psychological warfare happens upstairs.be patient , this to shall pass.

200-300 day of Quit: Honestly you start feeling pretty good during this phase, your craving start to become less and less. It makes you wanna start being complacent. your start day dreaming that you may be cured. you start to wonder if you slip away from your responsibility , word, and WUPP that maybe no one will care. and if a few do so what, maybe you can try this thing on your own again ( what kept me in it was the remembrance of all the times I tried to stop dipping in the past, I could never do it alone, KTC is the only thing that got me this far so like the saying goes " if it aint broke dont fix it". ) had a week long crave around 260ish so this pickle kept on keeping on. don't fool yourself during this time thinking you got it whipped, YOU DONT KEEP PUSHING!

300-400 day of quit: You start to get that thumping in your chest, could it be that year mark ringing in the back ground? Its puts a smile on your face when you reach this quit goal! you feel like the king of the mountain. Never had you thought you would make it this far. I had once in the past only to fail shortly after so I was excited to surf uncharted waters. I did have a weird rage moment in my 320s and a couple splatters of craves throughout  this 100 but all in all it was not to bad. Once 365 hits you see even more group members fade away and even worse stop texting back. Its sad to see so many piss away all the hard work they put into becoming a better person. this is also the stage where you feel a bit more confident and start to improve other areas of your life. Quitting is contagious just dont let your hat get to big, seen lots of quitters cave around this time as well. WUPP and just stating in your group that you feel like shit that day makes all the difference. ROME was not built in day, you did not undo years of dipping in 400 days, dont be naïve and stick the course!

400-500  days of quit: This was a strange time in my quit, I actually had a couple weekends where craves were almost watering my eyes (again maybe summer time) but i did actually have a back up can of fake for emergency issues as this and dipped fake for about 2 weeks for this first time since my HOF day. But for the first time my brain was finally telling me you got this. the rewiring worked, all the blood,sweat,tears i put into this quit finally paying off! the WUPP EDD pushed me to keep my word and allow no wiggle room for that dirty nic bitch! around 480 it hit me like a wave of mamas fresh biscuits! I have loads of quitters digits and i still text vets, tweens, and newbs daily to make sure I'm leaving no stone unturned. As Henry Ford said " Whether you Think you CAN or Think you CANT,....You're Right!" Jump First and grow wings on the way down man! There is hope for you, im resting here at this Half dangle but im not sold on the idea i wont be challenged in the future, " When the devil ignore you, then you know your doing something wrong, conversely , when the devil comes at you, maybe its because your trying to do something right"

« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 08:30:00 AM by nick-Otine Free »
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2022, 11:18:48 AM »
I would seriously suggest you dig out your quit plan, blow the dust off it, and throw it away. That quit plan got you guys to 100. Now it's time to make a plan to get you to 200, or better yet, to 365 and beyond. Eh...that's not possible. The plan should be reviewed every once in a while. I challenge you to do it. You want to quit and STAY quit? Then making a STAY QUIT plan. What you have now is a GET quit plan.

Your STAY QUIT plan really needs to include CHANGES in your life. You've stopped something, so you now need to start something. It's only natural. And again...if you don't control what you start, you're addictive personality will. Make a list of several things you can start or put more focus and energy into. This way at least one of them will take off. Quote from @Leave_notrace
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #167 on: March 31, 2022, 02:44:36 PM »
Quote from: mikegooch

I just posted this in Kjsylva82's "scared as hell" feed... I thought some of you other newbies would like to know what is waiting for you if you don't keep posting roll...

I've had 5 gum grafts (maybe more? I have honestly lost count).. they are painful as hell... they never put me to sleep when I get them.. they lay your ass back in a dentists chair under a bright ass light.. you have to keep your mouth wide open for an eternity.. after a while your jaws cramp so damn bad you have to take breaks.. they will give you a lot of numbing agent at first in the roof of your mouth and in your gums on both sides (inside  outside of your gums) because the stitches go all the way through your gums.. the first few shots are really the only ones that actually hurt, because after that it is numb.. There are several bad parts of this procedure.. my least favorite is when they cut the hunk of skin out of the roof of your mouth.. they pretty much have you blind folded and your numb as hell.. still you can tell because the dr says "open wide".. the scalpel goes into the roof of your mouth and you immediately taste blood.. because it runs into the back of your throat.. (this is one good thing about being a dipper.. we have an auto shut off back there and we can block from swallowing!) after the dr. makes the first few slices there.. eventually they have to saw the hunk of skin off  THIS IS THE PART I HATE.. your head moves with the sawing action! by this time they have already completely pulled  scraped what is left of your gums in the bottom away from your teeth as to put the newly cut piece from the roof of your mouth.. this next part irks the shit out of me.. my dr always lays the hunk of skin from the roof of my mouth on my shoulder until she is ready to put it into place.. then.. finally when she is ready.. the hunk of meat from the roof of my mouth.. it is tightly packed between my old gum (whats left of it)  my teeth.. then it is stitched into place.. with a rather large needle that goes all the way through your teeth and gums and back around to neatly sew the new hunk of gum into place.. the entire time this is happening the assistant is sucking blood from your mouth and throat with a large tube.. under the blindfold you can see massive amounts of blood going through the tube.. once were done.. a piece of plastic called a stint is placed in the roof of your mouth, to keep you from bleeding.. for the next week or so it is very soft food and eating on one side of your mouth.. very slowly and carefully not to rip anything away from the gum or hit the roof of your mouth.. you are incredibly swollen and sore for a few days..often during the 1st few nights you bleed from the roof of your mouth while sleeping and gag on bloodÂ… now just imagine being so addicted that within hours of leaving this surgeryÂ… you want to dip so badly that you put a dip into your top lip just to get your nic fix.. you have to do it just right.. any sucking action and you will unclot the roof of your mouth and bleed out like a stuck hog.. Never has a gum graft surgery ever stopped me from dipping.. only when I got tired of all the shit did I stop.. when I got tired of being a fucking slave and paying big money to be the slave. Today even though its only been 12 days.. I still want to dip a few times a day.. but you know what.. I donÂ’t have to! Gone are the days when I have a surgery and I cannot even make it through the rest of the day and I have to pack that shit into my top lip to get the fix.. tell me I am not an addict! I am totally an addict.. if you are here.. guess what?? You probably are too. Today I am so thankful.. I do not have to dip! The nic bitch has lost her fucking power today boys.. I respect the shit out of her because I know what she can do to me.. but today I say no thanks.. actually I say Fuck You and all the pain that comes with you.. I am free today! Thanks fellas! Gooch @mikegooch

found this deep in some intro reads. i would add but enough is said above, NO EXCUSES, JUST QUIT! Jump on in the Quittin is fine!
Nic-Free-457 days and thankful for the message above! ill never need one of those horrendous gum grafts!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 02:49:28 PM by nick-Otine Free »
Daily Devotional

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 570
« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2022, 04:15:58 PM »
If your looking for a reason to kick that cat shit can to the curb or are struggling in your quit and wondering if KTC really is what it says it is than i hope this helps.

Today i had to drive my buddy truck into work ( im a cheap ass, really need to buy one) because of bad weather. This snow storm brought about 9-12 inchs of snow so the roads were pretty bad off, level 3 type shit happ'en in my world. In the past the only thing that would calm my stress levels down was a big fatty. something about all that poison in there made me (feel) focused. Not today though! I didn't even think about chew and still had the same if not hyper focus the road conditions required. And better yet i was not risking my buddys truck and my life by reaching for a spitter and turning the cap every 5 minutes.

The most important thing that happened is my buddy shot me a text to pick him up a can on my way home from work. I immediately felt uncomfortable. I thought, Man i have not bought a can of dip in 402 days, I also have not been inside of a gas station but maybe once since my quit ( so much easier to pay at the pump) one of the greatest perks and time savers of quitting in my opinion. walking in I could feel my fight or flight response, like you use to feel trying to buy alcohol underage . Im sure i looked like a frightened stooge standing there nervously trying to remember his style of chew since it was not what i would have bought. After a funny glance from the cashier i paid and got out of there. sitting in my car i could not feel like the most defeat person. hhahaha i felt so guilty like i let lots of people down. like i let myself down like a little kid.

The point im trying to make is that i didnt even use it and felt like a piece of shit ! thats the power of Brotherhood + Accountability ! that the power of this site. 402 days and i still want to hold my quit tight because of what this site has done for saving my life! Never want to let my Team down and i know alot of people look for my guidance !

Find your group and get on roll Every Damn Day  and you will be at 402 + days stacking wins, I quit with you all

Nick-Otine Free 402 LTBE

QWU today man.  Now give that can of shit to your buddy and tell him you took a piss in it.
To remain quit requires focus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.