Author Topic: I'm Quitting Day 1  (Read 9734 times)

Offline Skidwilly

• One day at a time
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1-9-2017
  • Interests: Artist, mountain biking
  • Likes Given: 53
Re: I'm Quitting Day 1
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 10:38:00 PM »
Good for you! Here to beat this with you! We both win by saying no each day, each hour.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today - H.Jackson Brown Jr.

When you’re inside the jar, you can’t see the label.

Offline Frobozz

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 11:05:00 AM »
Quote from: Weedsta
Well, I am 46 yrs old and have been dipping since college some 28 yrs. I quit for 20 months back in 2005 but was an idiot and picked it back up again and have not been able to quit nor had the desire. I quit again last month and did great for 4 days and then the devil got me and I started back. I am resolved to kick this habit for me, my wife, my kids, and my Lord. I discussed it with my wife and as of 12AM tonight I will flush away the remnants of the can I have now and will start this journey anew. I am looking for support and to support others as I make this my new norm and never touch the stuff again. Looking forward to the journey!
Weedsta,

Firstly, welcome to the Fraternity. I wish you well for your upcoming journey.

Secondly, if you quit, you will quit now. Sounds like an order, no? Actually, it's just an acknowledgment. It's always now - when later comes, it'll still be now, only then. So you might as well just dump the can(s) right now. If you want to give yourself the Very Last Dip Ever while you are doing this, as most people do, fair enough. I'm in no fit state to preach against that, as I did it myself! ;o) That said, dumping it all into the garbage without ceremony - accepting the fact that you already had your Very Last Dip Ever - is by far the finest course of action.

Finally, I must impress upon you the necessity of being quit for life. Just one hit of nicotine will bring the addiction back full force; it will be the same as though you had never stopped. Remember that the addiction never goes away; it merely goes dormant, waiting for the next nicotine fix. You would do well to read my signature for more info on that concept.

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 08:38:00 AM »
Morning Weedsta....

A little more vocabulary for you.... you're not quitting a "habit".... you're fighting an addiction. It is an ugly fight. That's what FishFL meant when he said "...embrace the suck."

Over the past 26-27 years (adjusting for your 20 month stoppage), you've been putting enough nicotine in your bloodstream on a daily basis to kill a small laboratory rat. During that time, your brain created millions of additional dopamine receptors. Now that the daily drip of poison has stopped, your brain has to rewire itself to shut them down. It is a painful process. The physical elimination of nicotine from your body takes about 72-96 hours. That's the easy part. FAR more difficult is the mental withdrawal and adjustment that you're going to go through (the "suck").

But take heart.... thousands of quitters have done so before you, and if you have integrity and follow the game plan laid out by KTC, you will QUIT too, and wrestle your addiction under control. Read as much as you can on these pages, because there is an awful lot of fantastic advice on beating this addiction into submission. In addition, I don't believe that nicotine withdrawal has ever actually KILLED anyone (based on multiple extensive interweb searches)....it just FEELS like it sometimes.....so remember that when the craves hit (and they WILL hit!!)

Good to see you've already made the first step. Dive in, get to know your fellow April HOF classmates. Exchange numbers with them. Build a web of accountability so thick that if you're not on roll by a certain time, MULTIPLE people will come looking for you (via text, phone calls, etc).... It sounds strange, I know, but over time, they will become like an extended family.

One more thing.... if you're like most of us, the first few days/weeks you're going to be ready to bite folks' head off at the slightest provocation. That's normal. Just don't let those folks be your lovely wife, kids, coworkers, or friends. You want to rage? Come in here and vent all you want. It's therapeutic, and it doesn't damage your relationships like blowing up at them definitely would.

Welcome to the suck. Welcome to getting YOU back.

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 12:45:00 AM »
I am quit with you brother. I'm 45 and dipped for 32 yrs. embrace the suck and hold on to your gonads.
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 07:09:00 PM »
Weedsta has POSTED ROLL!
Well done sir!
Focus on just Today!
I believe.....

Offline Sawdogjt

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 11:42:00 PM »
Weedsta- I'm 47 and dipped since probably 14. You can quit too - one day at a time. If you stopped dipping for 20 months you know what it's like. Get in a quit group and get started. Today can be your Day 1!!

Offline Tonifer

• Quit Pro
  • Go Dawgs!
  • Quit Date: September 25, 2016
  • Interests: Woodworking, Nascar, College Football
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 11:24:00 PM »
Quote from: Weedsta
Well, I am 46 yrs old and have been dipping since college some 28 yrs. I quit for 20 months back in 2005 but was an idiot and picked it back up again and have not been able to quit nor had the desire. I quit again last month and did great for 4 days and then the devil got me and I started back. I am resolved to kick this habit for me, my wife, my kids, and my Lord. I discussed it with my wife and as of 12AM tonight I will flush away the remnants of the can I have now and will start this journey anew. I am looking for support and to support others as I make this my new norm and never touch the stuff again. Looking forward to the journey!
I too was a long time dipper who stopped for a long time and started back. I am on day 106 of my quit now. You said you quit for 20 months, but you only stopped. Quitting is permanent, when you quit you will never dip again. That's what we do here; quit, one day at a time. We start off every day by making a promise not to use any type of nicotine for that day. Then all you have to do is keep that promise and com back tomorrow and do it again.

Quit for yourself, not your wife, not your kids. They didn't make you start dipping, so they can't be responsible for what you will go through during withdrawal. You can use your wife, your kids, and the Lord to help support and encourage your quit.

You can use the tools here at KTC to help your quit. We offer you support, but more importantly we offer accountability. You are encouraged to exchange phone numbers with others so that you can send texts to one another for support. You will be in the April group. Go there and post roll. Use the group and the contacts you make for taking out the rage you will face, don't take it out on you family, friends, or coworkers.

You can do this with our help. Read as much as you can on this site. There is a lot of wisdom here. Send me a pm if you want my number and I will help any way I can. You have to be as addicted to the quit as you were to the can.
Quit date: September 25, 2016
HOF date: January 2, 2017
Comma date: June 21, 2019

Become as addicted to your quit as you were to nic.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 02:14:00 PM »
Ok.... Weedsta
Lets get off this idea about quiting in the future!
There is nothing to gain by postponing the pain.....until tonight.
Do it now.
Flush it.
And no promises to the wife.....talk about that later.
Can't quit for her.....
Quit for you!
Are you a man of your word?
Make a promise here today in your new Quit group.
Lets do it RIGHT NOW!
You in?

Go here... topic/30106725/

See inbox also...
Rawls 782
I believe.....

Offline Weedsta

• Quit Pro
  • Just wanna do a lil Hippy Slappin!
  • Quit Date: 9 Jan 17
  • Likes Given: 19
I'm Quitting Day 1
« on: January 08, 2017, 01:06:00 PM »