Author Topic: Jumping in head-first  (Read 320 times)

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Jumping in head-first
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
Welcome to the best decision you have made in a very LONG time. I will send you some information to get you started.

As MOA states, quit today. We will worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
Re: Jumping in head-first
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »
Congratulations on a great decision! Winning this battle is 99% attitude. Just simply decide that you are done with nicotene for today, and today only. Repeat the next day. Its that easy. To get started just find your group and post roll.

MOA

Offline Verbalkent

• Interests: movies, pc games, console games, reading, grilling, cooking, smoking meat
Jumping in head-first
« on: April 11, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »
Hello All,

I've been dipping for 18 years now and have made the decision to quit and have already started doing so. Ok, wait, one important fact that previous statement misses cause it sounds like I jumped up and decided "hey, I want to quit now!" and it's not quite that simple. See, the thing is that I was recently diagnosed with my gall bladder having a faulty valve so it has to be removed and I'm reading thru the pre-op information package and it talks about how nicotine usage can predispose you to complications under anesthesia so after talking to the surgeon I realised it was in my best interest to quit before this took place.

Also, just to add to the fun I also decided to stop drinking caffeine (and I've been drinking nothing but coca-cola since I was oh,about 5 or so so that's a 33 year addiction and I know that's way off-topic here so not bringing it up in search of assistance with that or meaning to violate any rules- just being open about my situation is all) and also had this major allergic reaction here recently and ended up at the ER like 7 times in 5 days because all the steriods and anti-histamines they pumped me full of made my heart race like crazy and now I've been kinda wondering if the quit might not be causing that as well cause that did happen after I quit.

Anyways, currently on day 7 of no nictotine, using no replacement therapy stuff, just crunching on peppermint candies (kinda close to my old wintergreen LC skoal flavor) and just trying to keep putting one foot in front of another.