Author Topic: Better late then never  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2001
Re: Better late then never
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 05:54:48 PM »
Congratulations on your quit! Best decision of your life! Head on over to The September 21 quit group and post your promise to stay quit for the next 24 hours. Here is the link: September 2021]September 2021]https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17074.0]September 2021

It will probably be  a rough few days so buckle in drink a ton of water and read, read, read. There is a ton of info on this site from people who have all been through it. Congrats!
@Oldnwise welcome to KTC and glad to see you on roll. We wake up, piss, and post our promise to stay nicotine free for the day first thing in the day and then repeat the process the following day. Focus on quitting one day at a time. Also, suggest you make some connections with fellow quitters and exchange digits with them. Those relationships pay huge dividends.

Let me point out you don’t have a habit, you have an addiction and nicotine is your drug. You will never be cured but man does it get so much easier as time passes. Reach out if I can be of assistance or if you want to exchange digits.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 05:56:53 PM by Keith0617 »
Jan19

Offline Natro

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: October 20, 2014
  • Interests: Quitting, cooking, reading, travelling, meeting other quitters.
  • Likes Given: 72
Re: Better late then never
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 11:23:45 AM »
Congratulations on your quit! Best decision of your life! Head on over to The September 21 quit group and post your promise to stay quit for the next 24 hours. Here is the link: September 2021]September 2021]https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17074.0]September 2021

It will probably be  a rough few days so buckle in drink a ton of water and read, read, read. There is a ton of info on this site from people who have all been through it. Congrats!
Proud January 2015 "Shell"er
He who controls the spice controls the universe.

Offline Oldnwise

• BANNED
  • Likes Given: 1
Better late then never
« on: June 18, 2021, 10:58:59 AM »
Hello on day 1 of my quit and this time im gonna make with the support of all of you.  Been chewing cope for 44 years.  Lately its been actually affecting my sinuses and breathing surprisingly, not so much my mouth.   Im tired of the habit controlling my life at every waking moment.  Thinking about it over anything else in life is absurd.  I know the road ahead is a hard one but I know this time for some Weird reason im going to make it.  Im 62 and have a wife and two grown kids i want to be around longer for.   Work in the field of Radiology for 34 years and believe it or not im an avid Video game player.   Like to fish and hike when its not so hot, at  the present its 116  today in Arizona.   Well im happy to be here and look forward to meet many on this journey of quit