Author Topic: Back again  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
Re: Back again
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2021, 11:08:27 PM »
Thanks for the inspiration here assholes! This group helped me “stop” for 2 years before but I can see the group has changed

You were in the July 2011 quit class and your last post was for your day 5 on April 21, 2011.  I think it's awesome that got 2 years of freedom from your short time here, especially since you didn't post roll at all during that time.  It sucks that you left this site and caved.  Why did you cave?

This site has always been for folks who want to quit every day.

And I forgot - Good Luck!   8)

Quitters here don't need luck...   :)
Everything changes, not sure if you have changed for the better.
You don't like it here?
It was better before when you caved?
You think we are the problem?
Fuck off and let us know when you want to quit, not try to quit.
Everyone you have heard from will likely still be here; and still be quit!

@dabucs28 is going to quit on Father's day!  That is NEXT Sunday.  This site worked so well for him before that he is going to roll the dice and dip another week.  I'm not sure who the asshole is...
Funny thing is that I hope to see him on roll but most likely he won't be there.  Nobody who plans to QUIT in the future never does so until something scares them into it.
I wouldn’t waste my time here. Here doesn’t really want to quit.
Jan19

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2021, 08:31:50 PM »
Thanks for the inspiration here assholes! This group helped me “stop” for 2 years before but I can see the group has changed

You were in the July 2011 quit class and your last post was for your day 5 on April 21, 2011.  I think it's awesome that got 2 years of freedom from your short time here, especially since you didn't post roll at all during that time.  It sucks that you left this site and caved.  Why did you cave?

You don't like it here?

@dabucs28 is going to quit on Father's day!  That is NEXT Sunday.  This site worked so well for him before that he is going to roll the dice and dip another week.  I'm not sure who the asshole is...
Funny thing is that I hope to see him on roll but most likely he won't be there.  Nobody who plans to QUIT in the future never does so until something scares them into it.
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 11:25:10 PM »

You don't like it here?

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 11:14:55 PM »

You don't like it here?
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 10:58:11 PM »

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 10:55:41 PM »

Offline dabucs28

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 10:26:04 PM »
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 10:41:32 PM by dabucs28 »

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4332
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 10:09:43 PM »
Hey all,

I am returning after a long time away. I was quit and active here in 2013 and 2014, then I fell back to the can.

My goal is to quit again and my start date is Fathers Day. Because I need to quit, doing it for myself but for my 2 boys as well.

When I quit last time I was living in New Jersey. The cost of dip there made it a little easier. Since then I have lived in Orlando, Fl, New Orleans, LA and now Birmingham, AL. All my moves have been for the better in my profession which came more money. Cheaper dip and more money equaled doing 2 to 2.5 cans a day. Spending $23 a roll at least twice a week is very costly not to mention poor health. I am ready and preparing mentally. My wife and kids don’t know and I want to see how long it take for them to notice that I don’t consistently need a bottle or spit cup by my side ALL THE TIME. I am currently at Disney for my kids senior trip for HS and damn it’s an inconvenience to hide the fact that I am dipping, at the parks in line and making sure I spit it out at the last chance before getting on the coasters. Damn nearly ran out too but a quick run to the gas station so I don’t have anxiety.

Well wish me luck. I will check back daily.

Andrew Cahill
There is so much wrong with this all I frankly don't even know where to begin.

I am returning after a long time away. I was quit and active here in 2013 and 2014, then I fell back to the can.
You didn't quit; you merely stopped.

My goal is to quit again and my start date is Fathers Day. Because I need to quit, doing it for myself but for my 2 boys as well.
Your goal should be to keep nicotine out of your pie hole, quit lying to yourself and start NOW. Selecting a date to quit in the future is addict speak all the way. It's freaking easy to quit tomorrow, right? Tomorrow comes and you tell yourself you will get around to the next day. This is exactly why it's 2021 and you (hopefully) will be posting a Day 1 vs 6-7 years. Also, our children can be great motivating factors but you MUST quit for yourself first and foremost.

Damn nearly ran out too but a quick run to the gas station so I don’t have anxiety.
Probably not like the anxiety that will happen if you have to tell your wife you have oral cancer or when they have to cut have your face off but keeping buying those cans and see I guess.

We never wish anyone here luck. Because luck has no place when it comes to being QUIT. We give our words and honor our promises each and every day. There is no luck in the equation. The question becomes, do you have what it takes to be a part of the brotherhood here and accept the accountability that comes with it??

Here is the link to your freedom - September 2021

I suggest you post up tonight @dabucs28. You never know what that next dip will be the one that tips the scale......
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline dabucs28

• Likes Given: 0
Back again
« on: June 13, 2021, 08:17:15 PM »
Hey all,

When I quit last time I was living in New Jersey. The cost of dip there made it a little easier. Since then I have lived in Orlando, Fl, New Orleans, LA and now Birmingham, AL. All my moves have been for the better in my profession which came more money. Cheaper dip and more money equaled doing 2 to 2.5 cans a day. Spending $23 a roll at least twice a week is very costly not to mention poor health. I am ready and preparing mentally. My wife and kids don’t know and I want to see how long it take for them to notice that I don’t consistently need a bottle or spit cup by my side ALL THE TIME. I am currently at Disney for my kids senior trip for HS and damn it’s an inconvenience to hide the fact that I am dipping, at the parks in line and making sure I spit it out at the last chance before getting on the coasters. Damn nearly ran out too but a quick run to the gas station so I don’t have anxiety.

Andrew Cahill