Author Topic: Hidden habit  (Read 32984 times)

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
Re: Hidden habit
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 12:48:26 PM »
Day 12. My skin is breaking out. I’m bloated, I can’t concentrate. I’ve battled through days that I’ve cried over every little thing. My hormones are experiencing the college life I guess....

I know these things will fade, I’ve been there before. I know I will become weak at some point, I’ve been there before. This time though- I know it’s coming and I have a plan, and this time I have incredible people here that I WILL NOT betray!

“When I crack, cuz I know I'll crack... I'm not going to give in.” ~ChickDip

Great job having a plan. Use your tools and remember to foster those relationships. We all need a helping hand from time to time.

You got my digits ankape.  Use them if you need to.  You are stronger than you think though and I know you will prevail.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1620
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 08:34:19 AM »
Day 12. My skin is breaking out. I’m bloated, I can’t concentrate. I’ve battled through days that I’ve cried over every little thing. My hormones are experiencing the college life I guess....

I know these things will fade, I’ve been there before. I know I will become weak at some point, I’ve been there before. This time though- I know it’s coming and I have a plan, and this time I have incredible people here that I WILL NOT betray!

Great job having a plan. Use your tools and remember to foster those relationships. We all need a helping hand from time to time.
Jan19

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 07:35:44 AM »

« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 07:40:06 AM by ankape »

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2019, 06:33:21 PM »
Like nearly everyone else I’ve talked with here, I had quit before KTC numerous times. Once I quit for nearly a year and a half!! I got complacent. Up until KTC I’ve always been isolated with my addiction. My husband was gone for a 3 week assignment and I didn’t have anyone around who I felt might even kind of understand.
  My weakness slowly started to grow. We had some family stress and the thoughts came...then I couldn’t stop thinking about it...I caved and bought, but didn’t open....then I opened and smelled but closed it back up....well. After I caved I just bawled. I had worked so hard and now it was gone in an instant.
I am so incredibly thankful for all of the people here who have reached out to me.  Amazing people are willing to spend their time to help me save myself from this addiction.
So thankful for you all!!
I look forward to paying it forward in the years to come!!
QFL-ODAAT
Hey, if it makes you feel any better... I had quit for 4 years before having "just one."  I could not believe how quickly I was hooked again.  Within a week.  I went on to smoke for another 26 years (with a few stoppages in between), so you were a lot smarter than me!!!

The good news, is at least this time you understand that "you can't have just one" means exactly that and I bet that makes your quit that much stronger this time!  And now that you have found KTC you are in even better shape, as long as you continue to chug that KTC Kool-Aid and WUPP every day.

If you are looking for more support, send me your digits. 

FLLipOut aka FLLIP, day 1,201
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2019, 11:47:11 PM »
Like nearly everyone else I’ve talked with here, I had quit before KTC numerous times. Once I quit for nearly a year and a half!! I got complacent. Up until KTC I’ve always been isolated with my addiction. My husband was gone for a 3 week assignment and I didn’t have anyone around who I felt might even kind of understand.
  My weakness slowly started to grow. We had some family stress and the thoughts came...then I couldn’t stop thinking about it...I caved and bought, but didn’t open....then I opened and smelled but closed it back up....well. After I caved I just bawled. I had worked so hard and now it was gone in an instant.
I am so incredibly thankful for all of the people here who have reached out to me.  Amazing people are willing to spend their time to help me save myself from this addiction.
So thankful for you all!!
I look forward to paying it forward in the years to come!!
QFL-ODAAT
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 11:56:44 PM by ankape »

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 631
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 01:59:57 PM »
let me tell you a little secrit bout quitin... it aint all that hard. but shit some days it aint eezy.

there will be days ware you dont wanna get out a bed.
there will be days you dont rememember gettin out a bed or how you got to work.
there will be days you dont evin rememember how to do your job.
...or have splittin head aches
...or wanna kill your husband on a count of he is breethin to loud
...or go postal on those ass holes at work

and gess what? thats pritty normal. but this is a good place to come and cuss bout it all. and pritty soon it will be over. and all that bad shit will be (mostly) ahind you. (sorry the ass holes at work will still be there) then there will be days ware you think 'this is so eezy. i dont need to post roll no more.' well dont think that.

for the next cupple a weeks this place will be the best place to be. reed up on some intros and hof speeches. and swap digits. mine are free for the price a nuthin more than a i.m. i will be quittin with you evry day in feb rite thru the hall a fame. and i wont be goin any wares after that.

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Date: 10/01/2019
  • Interests: Quiting, Motorcycles, Fishing, Cooking and BBQ
  • Likes Given: 300
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 12:52:10 AM »
First off...I am a woman...
My addiction started with redman when I was about 14 while working with a bunch of guys at a ski hill. I had no idea what I was getting myself into....
I have hidden my habit from everyone except my husband and my best friend. I’ve tried to...or wanted to quit almost as long as I’ve done it. I came here seeking motivation and read Tom Kern’s story. The idea that my choice to continue this habit will cause such pain to those who love me is more than I can handle. I’m ready to do whatever it takes to quit forever.

I quit with you today sister....my name is John...I started dipping at the age of 17 and 27 days I quit dipping after 33 years ....you can do this...I support you It is hard at first but it gets better....there are alot of lady dippers here that are really helpfull and have good info @Lady G .  reach out to them that is how this works.  If you need me let me know.
Wildirish intro https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=805.msg125916#msg125916

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline Lady G

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 04:47:38 PM »
My addiction started with redman when I was about 14 while working with a bunch of guys at a ski hill. I had no idea what I was getting myself into....
I have hidden my habit from everyone except my husband and my best friend. I’ve tried to...or wanted to quit almost as long as I’ve done it. I came here seeking motivation and read Tom Kern’s story. The idea that my choice to continue this habit will cause such pain to those who love me is more than I can handle. I’m ready to do whatever it takes to quit forever.

Welcome @ankape ,

First, flush whatever you have left down the toilet.  Second, post your promise to remain nicotine free for today Go Here to Post. Third, KEEP YOUR PROMISE. Fourth, Repeat Daily.

If you can do those things, you will succeed.  You have to want it for yourself, not for anyone else.  We have several female quitters here that you can reach out to if it makes you feel more comfortable.  @FLLipOut , @harvestgirl , @ChickDip . @L8x55d , @Falcon67 , @Lady G  are a few of the Bad Ass female quitters here.

After you post roll, start exchanging digits with those ladies as well as any of the other quitters you want.  My digits are always available. I actually text FLLipOut and L8x55d daily and them me. 

Now a little bit of correction, you do not have a tobacco habit, you have a nicotine addiction.  You need to come to terms with that.  A habit you can break, like biting your nails, an addiction stays with you until the day you die.  But, you can live your life without letting your addiction control your life.  We can show you how.

The choice is now yours,

Chris

Hi there! I am also a woman.....and this place and these people here saved my life. Now, I had to do the work.....but I was never alone.  The battle you are going to enter is tough so you have to be fierce. If you want to be clean and free you will be.....if you use this place to help you.

1. Make yourself the promise to not use nicotine ( this is your ADDICTION not your habit). Be all in or it wont work no matter what.

2. Make the promise to us here that you will fight all day and not use any form of nicotine....no patch no gum no nothing.  All you have to do is deal with today....24 hours....and we deal with tomorrow....tomorrow.  Your promise is what we do when we post roll.....and your word is everything here.

3. Keep the promise.

4. Tomorrow we will do it again.

We quit here and everyone will help you get through this.....we have all been there. We have all had our last dip and been fearful yet motivated, scared of the what if and how.....but we are here to help you. We stood exactly where you are now.

We quit here with you because we want YOU to be quit......Freedom from nicotine is the most incredible thing you will ever discover and you will NEVER regret it.

I quit here with you......but FOR ME. See, hearing what you are dealing with, helping you along minute by minute until it becomes day by day....it all helps me remember where I dont want to be....it helps stay me Quit.

Do not ever forget day one.....because you don't ever want to go back here......ready? Here we go...

LADY G day 2129 Quit
Lady G

Offline Lady G

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 03:23:00 PM »

Welcome @ankape ,

First, flush whatever you have left down the toilet.  Second, post your promise to remain nicotine free for today Go Here to Post. Third, KEEP YOUR PROMISE. Fourth, Repeat Daily.

If you can do those things, you will succeed.  You have to want it for yourself, not for anyone else.  We have several female quitters here that you can reach out to if it makes you feel more comfortable.  @FLLipOut , @harvestgirl , @ChickDip . @L8x55d , @Falcon67 , @Lady G  are a few of the Bad Ass female quitters here.

After you post roll, start exchanging digits with those ladies as well as any of the other quitters you want.  My digits are always available. I actually text FLLipOut and L8x55d daily and them me. 

Now a little bit of correction, you do not have a tobacco habit, you have a nicotine addiction.  You need to come to terms with that.  A habit you can break, like biting your nails, an addiction stays with you until the day you die.  But, you can live your life without letting your addiction control your life.  We can show you how.

The choice is now yours,

Chris

Hi there! I am also a woman.....and this place and these people here saved my life. Now, I had to do the work.....but I was never alone.  The battle you are going to enter is tough so you have to be fierce. If you want to be clean and free you will be.....if you use this place to help you.

1. Make yourself the promise to not use nicotine ( this is your ADDICTION not your habit). Be all in or it wont work no matter what.

2. Make the promise to us here that you will fight all day and not use any form of nicotine....no patch no gum no nothing.  All you have to do is deal with today....24 hours....and we deal with tokorrow....tomorrow.  your promise is called  posting roll.....and your worst is everything here.

3. Keep the promise.

4. Tomorrow we will do it again.

We quit here and everyone will help you get through this.....we have all been there. We have all had our last dip and been fearful yet motivated, scared of the what if and how.....but we are here to help you.

We quit here with you because we want you to be quit.  Freedom from nicotine is the most incredible thing you will ever discover and you will NEVER regret it.

I quit here with you......but FOR ME. See, hearing what you are dealing with, helping you along minute by minute until it begins day by day....it all helps me remember where I dont want to be....it helps keep me Quit.

Do not ever forget day one.....because you dont ever want to go back here......ready? Here we go...

LADY G day 2129 Quit

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 12:14:22 PM »

Welcome @ankape ,

The choice is now yours,

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1620
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 10:33:46 AM »

@ankape great job making the decision to quit. You have come to the right place. Head over to the Feb20 group and post your promise assuming you have stopped using nicotine. Your day 1 is the day you made the decision to stop. We quit one day at a time. Wake up and post your promise first thing in the morning and then keep your word. Repeat the process the following day. Fellow quitters will be reaching out via messages to exchange digits and offer support. This is normal but only exchange digits through messages and not the forum. Drink a ton of water and get extra rest. You can do this. Here is the link to your group https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15988.msg7550844#msg7550844
Jan19

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
Hidden habit
« on: October 27, 2019, 02:35:08 AM »
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 02:43:28 AM by ankape »