Author Topic: New to site and quit  (Read 11798 times)

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
Re: New to site and quit
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2019, 10:50:53 AM »
To my quit brothers or anyone else reading this, especially the peeps who are you g in the quit....just when you think you are doing good...that’s when it hits. That’s when the funk or whatever the hell you wanna call it hits you square in the balls. This week has SUCKED!!!! Today is no different. Today is the rage day from hell. I am trying not to take it out on family,  it isn’t working too well. This is about me, not them though. This is part of the addiction. This is part of why this addiction, like all addictions, suck nuts. I only post this as a warning to everyone who is less than 100 days. And maybe to those over 100. Be cautious. If it wasn’t for my brothers here I most likely would have caved already. Be vigilant guys. Drop the pride and talk about it. Stay tough!!!

Offline EnuffSnuff

• Quitter
  • What are you waiting for? Quit already!
  • Quit Date: 01/06/19
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2019, 10:53:26 PM »
Day 52- Huge win on day 51. I HATE public speaking. With a passion. It causes me so much damn anxiety. Normally, i dip like a wild man in the few days leading up to whatever public speaking thing i am doing. I don’t do it often, so i think that is partially why i get nervous. But, whatever, point being....On Monday(as I type this, its Thursday) i was told by my manager i had to give a talk to a big group of physicians about our company. This was to take place on Wednesday night(last night). A lot of the times in these situations, we have company prepared presentations to go off of, making it a little easier. However, this time, we had nothing. I had to come up with one all on my own, in addition to performing my normal duties. So, Monday night, Tuesday night and last night right up until go time, i worked on this. I had a total of 4 hours of sleep since waking up Monday morning. Needless to say, my stress and anxiety levels were through the roof. Usually, i would be dipping like crazy, as i said. I would have been through 3-4 cans, minimum between Monday and last night. I was feeling the urge, the temptation, the craving. EVERYTHING inside of me screamed...GO GET A DIP!!!!!!!!!! So, what happened? I did NOT get a dip. Instead, i reached out to my May, bad MFing, group. On our groupme account, i told them how i was feeling and what was happening. My freakin phone blew the F UP!!!!!!!! These brothers of mine...man, i gotta tell you. They dropped whatever they were doing and started giving encouragement and guidance. I’m not a dude that shows much emotion, but I have to confess. And I don’t care who says what about me...i dropped a couple of tears at the response i got. I also felt so damn empowered to tell the nic bitch to F off.
     I tell this long, drawn out story for a couple of reasons. First...the presentation went really well. Second, i did, even with the help of my brothers, prove to myself that I don’t need that shit to get through tough things. And, it feels really good to look back on this week and know that I haven’t dipped. Third....i have the best damn quit brothers EVER. I love you guys, in a manly sort of way. You helped me get through this hurdle without even thinking twice. Hilltop, Justin J, MattL, AW, Bgbdbrd...and EVERYONE else.....THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! From the encouragement leading up to it....to the congratulations after it was over. Just a side not...who were the first people i talked to about it? My wife? No...my coworkers? No.....it was my brothers. Thank you guys for your help getting through this. I feel stronger because of it and i feel proud, more than ever, to stand quit with you!!!!!!

For those that leverage the system, that’s the power of KTC. My April team is a group of bad asses, they have my back no matter what the nic bitch has in store for me. I need them to stay quit and stay accountable and it sounds like you have also felt the true power of the quit brotherhood. Your story inspires me and I think tomorrow I’m going to reach out to a few brothers that I haven’t chatted with much lately and give them a bump for having my six. I’m proud to be quit with you today. QLF! we may be addicts, but today we chose freedom!
The only right way to quit is today.

My Intro

Floors Visited...1, 2, 3, 4

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 10:05:51 AM »
Day 52- Huge win on day 51. I HATE public speaking. With a passion. It causes me so much damn anxiety. Normally, i dip like a wild man in the few days leading up to whatever public speaking thing i am doing. I don’t do it often, so i think that is partially why i get nervous. But, whatever, point being....On Monday(as I type this, its Thursday) i was told by my manager i had to give a talk to a big group of physicians about our company. This was to take place on Wednesday night(last night). A lot of the times in these situations, we have company prepared presentations to go off of, making it a little easier. However, this time, we had nothing. I had to come up with one all on my own, in addition to performing my normal duties. So, Monday night, Tuesday night and last night right up until go time, i worked on this. I had a total of 4 hours of sleep since waking up Monday morning. Needless to say, my stress and anxiety levels were through the roof. Usually, i would be dipping like crazy, as i said. I would have been through 3-4 cans, minimum between Monday and last night. I was feeling the urge, the temptation, the craving. EVERYTHING inside of me screamed...GO GET A DIP!!!!!!!!!! So, what happened? I did NOT get a dip. Instead, i reached out to my May, bad MFing, group. On our groupme account, i told them how i was feeling and what was happening. My freakin phone blew the F UP!!!!!!!! These brothers of mine...man, i gotta tell you. They dropped whatever they were doing and started giving encouragement and guidance. I’m not a dude that shows much emotion, but I have to confess. And I don’t care who says what about me...i dropped a couple of tears at the response i got. I also felt so damn empowered to tell the nic bitch to F off.
     I tell this long, drawn out story for a couple of reasons. First...the presentation went really well. Second, i did, even with the help of my brothers, prove to myself that I don’t need that shit to get through tough things. And, it feels really good to look back on this week and know that I haven’t dipped. Third....i have the best damn quit brothers EVER. I love you guys, in a manly sort of way. You helped me get through this hurdle without even thinking twice. Hilltop, Justin J, MattL, AW, Bgbdbrd...and EVERYONE else.....THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! From the encouragement leading up to it....to the congratulations after it was over. Just a side not...who were the first people i talked to about it? My wife? No...my coworkers? No.....it was my brothers. Thank you guys for your help getting through this. I feel stronger because of it and i feel proud, more than ever, to stand quit with you!!!!!!

Offline AWright2262

• Quitter
  • Afghan Vet 16-17
  • Quit Date: 1-22-2019
  • Likes Given: 86
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2019, 05:59:45 AM »
Guys-thank you. The response I got to help me through that was both humbling and overwhelming. I’m not use to that kind of response. Within 5 mins of posting, my phone was blowing up with messages. My inbox blew up with messages. That’s why I say I’m not used to that kind of response. People who know me, my “friends” wouldn’t do that. A bunch of guys I’ve never met though, late at night, jumped up to the plate. That’s what’s beautiful about this place here. I hate to call it just a website. It is so much more. It’s a community. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for that response. These cravings overall are getting better and easier to deal with. That one was just stronger than normal and it scared me. Then the mind games set in. Y’all didn’t let that last long. I begin Day 40 of quit today. I will end day 40 quit today. Thanks to this community.
For you, from JustPassingThrough (June '18) on day 40 of his quit....
"Just Passing Through- Day 40....kinda Biblical. Sure, it didn't rain for 40 days straight, and I didn't have to wonder the desert for 40 years, or fast for 40 days as Jesus did; but in the context of the trials caused by/ during of all those things, it's a cool little milestone."

That's one of the beautys behind KTC my brother. We can first start our problems here!

Just like what you're doing now go to your intro and VENT!

The rage is something I had to get over too I think most of us Ex-Dippers HAHA

Dawgs I'm so proud to be quit with you and the rest of May. If you need me man hit me up!!!
QD 1-22-2019. HOF 5-1-2019.  1st floor

"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. “

-Lt. Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Rapido

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/17/2019
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2019, 10:44:23 PM »
Hey Brother Dawgs... I’m a newbie but here for you if you need to chat. You’ve been checking on me since I got here and I’m doing the same now. I’m on Day 4 and quit with you on your 44

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/26/2019
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2019, 01:26:31 PM »
Stay strong brother! I am right there with you and completely  understand how you are feeling. I am trusting in our veterans and keep telling myself it will get better.

I am proud of you. I am here if you need to vent, or bullshit.

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2019, 12:56:29 PM »
Day 44—44 days since I’ve had poison in my body. I am proud, but guarded. Ive realized that the cravings, overall, have gotten better. I still get really intense ones every few days, but even those are becoming more manageable. Here’s what i am noticing though, my temper is terrible right now. Ive been blowing up at my family, friends, coworkers and even everyone on here. My temper just burns right now. Even though i am proud of my accomplishment so far, i am NOT proud of the way i have treated people. It is NOT ok. That is NOT who i really am. Earlier, i read all of the eternal quitters posts. As i read them, it made me wonder. What would my family say if i died right now? My friends? All of you? As i read all of those posts, i realized that this is just one more way the nic bitch gets us, or at least me. If something happened to me today, I don’t want people to be happy I’m gone. I don’t want to be remembered for being a dick. I want to be remembered for winning the fight. Putting my family first and putting my pride aside. For being someone who led by example on here and at home. I say all of that to say, if i have gone off on any of you, and i know i have, i apologize. I know it is often said here that everyone here is good for being yelled at and to vent to. But even so, i apologize. I am working hard on this aspect of my quit. I am really trying to always keep in mind why i am quitting. It isn’t for my family. Not directly anyway, but rather for me. It isn’t their fault i got hooked on this crap. It’s mine. I am doing this for me. I have to be healthy and not enslaved to this poison. Thank you all for putting up with me as i navigate this with your help. 44 days of freedom.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2019, 11:08:49 AM »
Guys-thank you. The response I got to help me through that was both humbling and overwhelming. I’m not use to that kind of response. Within 5 mins of posting, my phone was blowing up with messages. My inbox blew up with messages. That’s why I say I’m not used to that kind of response. People who know me, my “friends” wouldn’t do that. A bunch of guys I’ve never met though, late at night, jumped up to the plate. That’s what’s beautiful about this place here. I hate to call it just a website. It is so much more. It’s a community. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for that response. These cravings overall are getting better and easier to deal with. That one was just stronger than normal and it scared me. Then the mind games set in. Y’all didn’t let that last long. I begin Day 40 of quit today. I will end day 40 quit today. Thanks to this community.
For you, from JustPassingThrough (June '18) on day 40 of his quit....
"Just Passing Through- Day 40....kinda Biblical. Sure, it didn't rain for 40 days straight, and I didn't have to wonder the desert for 40 years, or fast for 40 days as Jesus did; but in the context of the trials caused by/ during of all those things, it's a cool little milestone."
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 08:33:09 AM »

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 06:54:20 AM »
Day 39. These damned random cravings. It’s 1045 at night. I would love a freakin fatty dip right now. For whatever reason, it just hit and hit hard. I again feel my heart rate increase, breathing increase. There is a longing in me right now that is almost downright pathetic. My brain is screaming for a dip. Or, at least, my mind is. Ive noticed the weight gain lately. Ive posted about it before. I am also thinking that if i were dipping right now along with the exercise plan I’ve been on for the last month, I’d be almost fat free. I think that makes me want one even more. I know everyone else expierences this, in some form. I am NOT caving. I just needed to put this down. Maybe just ramble. But it does seem harder right now than it has since about day 4 or 5. I know plenty others have had worse. I’m not trying to have a pity party. Maybe just need a kick in the nutsack or possible a word or two of encouragement, I don’t know. I know i am healthier without this crap. I know i am stronger without this crap. But moments like now make me wonder if i really care about being healthy or strong. But then i read over my last sentence and realize something. I said it was a moment. Not a day or even an hour. It’s a moment. It will pass. But that moment can be life changing. That brings me to now. I just need to reiterate that i quit!! Tonight, with all of my brothers on this site. Thanks for the support.
Quitting with you today.  Good job sitting down and blogging it out.  I found tremendous solace in that act alone - that and reaching out to folks in my group just to talk about it.  You are NOT alone and you CAN do this. Congratulations on being an active participant in your life and making changes to be a better man!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/26/2019
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 12:46:25 AM »
Dawgs I feel for you bro. Im also here for you, don't hesitate to call. It's funny how she hits us all a little different. But you are way stronger, way tougher, way more driven, motivated than the old nic bitch can ever be. Keep your head up.

We're here for you man.

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 10:55:14 PM »
Day 39. These damned random cravings. It’s 1045 at night. I would love a freakin fatty dip right now. For whatever reason, it just hit and hit hard. I again feel my heart rate increase, breathing increase. There is a longing in me right now that is almost downright pathetic. My brain is screaming for a dip. Or, at least, my mind is. Ive noticed the weight gain lately. Ive posted about it before. I am also thinking that if i were dipping right now along with the exercise plan I’ve been on for the last month, I’d be almost fat free. I think that makes me want one even more. I know everyone else expierences this, in some form. I am NOT caving. I just needed to put this down. Maybe just ramble. But it does seem harder right now than it has since about day 4 or 5. I know plenty others have had worse. I’m not trying to have a pity party. Maybe just need a kick in the nutsack or possible a word or two of encouragement, I don’t know. I know i am healthier without this crap. I know i am stronger without this crap. But moments like now make me wonder if i really care about being healthy or strong. But then i read over my last sentence and realize something. I said it was a moment. Not a day or even an hour. It’s a moment. It will pass. But that moment can be life changing. That brings me to now. I just need to reiterate that i quit!! Tonight, with all of my brothers on this site. Thanks for the support.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 10:57:49 AM »
Hey guys—- Just wanted to do a small update. As I sit here and scroll through all the new people who are 1-10 days in, I am reminded how far I’ve come in 35 days. I feel proud. Not arrogant, but proud. I know everyday is a new day now. We quit day by day. My motivation for quitting this time is right. The support I have here is perfect. For me, as I suspect for many others, 35 days quit is an accomplishment in itself. There have been good days and there have been bad days. Nicotine is a horrible chemical. It makes us believe that it is the one and only thing that can make us feel good, feel normal and feel fulfilled. It’s all a freakin lie. It’s a lie that we choose to believe over time. All that being said...it’s been 35 days. Even the rough days of cravens are tolerable and better than planning my day around when I can get a dip. It’s freedom. Even though my attitude can be shitty at times due to craving a dip, I feel like I’ve been let out of a prison. Not to mention that my health will only improve. I want to thank all of you for the support. When I’ve reached out, you’ve been there. When I haven’t reached out, you’ve still been there. There will still be rough days. For all of us. I am nothing special in that department. It’s all about how we handle it. For me, y’all have been a life line, so I give you a deep, heartfelt thank you for the time and support. ODAAT, with my brothers!!!! Thank you

Freedom is everything when it comes to this addiction.  Proud as hell to be on this journey with you.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 10:48:38 AM »
Hey guys—- Just wanted to do a small update. As I sit here and scroll through all the new people who are 1-10 days in, I am reminded how far I’ve come in 35 days. I feel proud. Not arrogant, but proud. I know everyday is a new day now. We quit day by day. My motivation for quitting this time is right. The support I have here is perfect. For me, as I suspect for many others, 35 days quit is an accomplishment in itself. There have been good days and there have been bad days. Nicotine is a horrible chemical. It makes us believe that it is the one and only thing that can make us feel good, feel normal and feel fulfilled. It’s all a freakin lie. It’s a lie that we choose to believe over time. All that being said...it’s been 35 days. Even the rough days of cravens are tolerable and better than planning my day around when I can get a dip. It’s freedom. Even though my attitude can be shitty at times due to craving a dip, I feel like I’ve been let out of a prison. Not to mention that my health will only improve. I want to thank all of you for the support. When I’ve reached out, you’ve been there. When I haven’t reached out, you’ve still been there. There will still be rough days. For all of us. I am nothing special in that department. It’s all about how we handle it. For me, y’all have been a life line, so I give you a deep, heartfelt thank you for the time and support. ODAAT, with my brothers!!!! Thank you

Offline Dundippin

• Quitter
  • Shift your focus so you do not think about it
    • Recovery Meeting Place
  • Quit Date: 9/15/2015
  • Interests: Web development, database design, management, weightlifting, bike riding, gardening and watching the Baltimore Ravens.
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 07:00:29 AM »
Hey Dawgs,

Welcome to the group and congratulations on your quit. Here are some words of wisdom I like to share:

The main way to be successful is to just decide that you have quit. Once you stop the negotiating in your head as to whether you will do one more or not the rest becomes far more simple.

The next important thing is to learn how to distract your attention. When you get those thoughts about dipping, switch your attention and think about something else. Anything else that you like. This ability to change your focus will guarantee your success and make your quit that much easier.

When you place a dip in your mouth, your brain releases sugars. Well, those sugars are now going to be gone.

However, you can replace them with OJ or other fruit juices with sugar. This will provide some comfort, especially on your initial quit days.

Make sure to exercise with weights and cardio when you feel that nagging tension in your muscles, you feel that rage, when you can not sleep and when you cannot focus. Exercise really helps.

Here is one that most people overlook. Get at least 3 square meals a day. Hunger can really bring on those urges so squash those urges before they come. Eat full healthy meals and do not let yourself get excessively hungry. You will see this helps a great deal.

I waited until I was 59 quit after using tobacco for 40 years. You are wise to quit now.

I quit with you today.

Dundippin day 1260