Author Topic: Glad to be here  (Read 96632 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
Re: Glad to be here
« Reply #303 on: June 16, 2019, 04:44:32 PM »
Just got done under the house running a new water line after re-doing the floor in the kitchen.  Could not for the life of me to get that #@$% 1/4" line to the ice maker to stop leaking.  What is it with these ferrels?!  I could no kidding go for a lipper.  If I weren't still posting roll I'd be knuckles keep into a can ever trip under the house.  I HATE being under the house!  I didn't have to worry about rats or snakes or spiders on that stanky submarine.  I'd much rather be back breathing recycled farts again than go back under the house. Gives me the heebie jeebies even thinking about it. At any rate another day of freedom earned and I'll be happy tomorrow that I didn't cave today!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Aumegrad

• Quitter
    • INTRO
  • Quit Date: 7/23/18
  • Likes Given: 253
« Reply #302 on: June 05, 2019, 07:03:59 PM »
Was lamenting just yesterday that there weren't enough hours in a day.
It struck me like a hammer on the way home today - If there were more hours in a day we'd probably waste them working.

Funny you say that Athan as there appears to be a contingent of the US that would rather lean on our ever reliable government, but I digress ...

I would be happy with additional hours.  Perhaps get those back that were taken by my shameful addiction.  Hmmm maybe spend that time setting up a shooting range with Skoal cans .... there I go digressing again.  ;D

Appreciate you brother!
Who is Aumegrad ???? ...

What were his thoughts at 100 days ???? ... [url=http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=722.0]HoF

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. (1 Corinthians 9:24)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #301 on: June 05, 2019, 05:00:13 PM »
Was lamenting just yesterday that there weren't enough hours in a day.
It struck me like a hammer on the way home today - If there were more hours in a day we'd probably waste them working.
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
Coolest pickup ever
« Reply #300 on: May 26, 2019, 12:37:13 PM »
From Swimdad (June '19) the coolest pickup ever...
Swimdad - 449 I quit Copenhagen in Copenhagen (He's in Denmark.) I mean, can ya thumb yer nose at US tobacco any harder?!
That's right on up there with me and Boovie doing the bankshot quit off the moon!

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 975
Re: engine troubles & excuses
« Reply #299 on: May 26, 2019, 12:53:53 AM »
So I'm working, I'm in a bind cause I'm behind when the phone rings.  It's my daughter.  "daddy, my truck is smoking"  Geez.  I need this like a hole in the head. She wasn't too far outa town.  I dropped what I was doing and raced home to get the trailer and then on to go get her and see how bad it was.  The water hose had blown off the heater coil. Thankfully she had the sense to stop before blowing the engine.  I trailered it back to the house and researched the issue (thank heaven for youtube).  GMC trucks got this quick disconnect for the hoses to the heater coil inlet and outlet nipples (why they didn't just have a metal threaded nipple instead of cheap plastic is anyone's guess). So you need a special tool to pop this old nipple off.  Easy enough it seemed.  Two hours under the hot sun into it and I could have gone for a lipper. No doubt about it I'd have called a timeout and gone for a can.  Hey, it's just one.  This is a great excuse if there ever was one. But I've been down that road before, I know how that plays out.  The pattern was well established. But I disrupted it. Ya see, I joined this site.  And I post a promise every day. And it takes nicotine off of the table as an option for dealing with life. Had I thrown a chew in, it wouldn't have miracled that busted nipple off; it would have led to another can and another and it would never end. So I attacked it from another angle and got it fixed and remained nicotine free another day. And tomorrow, I'll post 511 instead of 1. Hooah.

AND..... I love you my brother.

You are the aphrodisiac of quit.
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
engine troubles & excuses
« Reply #298 on: May 25, 2019, 04:50:34 PM »
So I'm working, I'm in a bind cause I'm behind when the phone rings.  It's my daughter.  "daddy, my truck is smoking"  Geez.  I need this like a hole in the head. She wasn't too far outa town.  I dropped what I was doing and raced home to get the trailer and then on to go get her and see how bad it was.  The water hose had blown off the heater coil. Thankfully she had the sense to stop before blowing the engine.  I trailered it back to the house and researched the issue (thank heaven for youtube).  GMC trucks got this quick disconnect for the hoses to the heater coil inlet and outlet nipples (why they didn't just have a metal threaded nipple instead of cheap plastic is anyone's guess). So you need a special tool to pop this old nipple off.  Easy enough it seemed.  Two hours under the hot sun into it and I could have gone for a lipper. No doubt about it I'd have called a timeout and gone for a can.  Hey, it's just one.  This is a great excuse if there ever was one. But I've been down that road before, I know how that plays out.  The pattern was well established. But I disrupted it. Ya see, I joined this site.  And I post a promise every day. And it takes nicotine off of the table as an option for dealing with life. Had I thrown a chew in, it wouldn't have miracled that busted nipple off; it would have led to another can and another and it would never end. So I attacked it from another angle and got it fixed and remained nicotine free another day. And tomorrow, I'll post 511 instead of 1. Hooah.

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/8/2019
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #297 on: May 19, 2019, 08:00:57 PM »
I’m your huckleberry.....congratulations, and thank you for your support!

Offline kybo

• Master of Quit
  • Nemo Sine Vitio Est
  • Quit Date: 1/7/2018
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #296 on: May 16, 2019, 08:10:21 AM »

:)
"No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody Wang Chung tonight."
"That's what's great about the outdoors, you know. It's one giant toilet."
"i thought I could stay at the party forever, it don't work that way, cause that shit will kill ya" -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

HOF date: 4/16/182nd Floor: 7/25/183rd Floor: 11/02/184th Floor: 2/10/195th Floor: 5/21/196th Floor: 8/19/197th Floor: 12/7/198th Floor: 3/16/209th Floor: 6/24/2010th Floor: 10/02/2011th Floor: 1/10/2112th Floor: 4/20/2113th Floor: 7/29/2114th Floor: 11/7/2115th Floor:  2/14/2216th Floor:  5/25/2217th Floor:  9/2/2218th Floor:  12/11/2219th Floor:  3/21/23

Offline Leonidas

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
  • Schizophrenic Born Again Problem Child
  • Likes Given: 1186
« Reply #295 on: May 15, 2019, 12:49:22 PM »
Congratulations! Nice work Brother!!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay

"When I grow up, I'm gonna grow a Man Bun!!!" - MNxEngineer314

"Yes I'm a weasel, but look! My name's RED!!!" - walterwhite

"Matt....Da_mon...." - Palpatine

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
« Reply #294 on: May 15, 2019, 12:43:56 PM »

We Quit.....

For our Sons.....

For our Daughters.....

For Sparta......

Much love my brother, thank you for everything.

We are blessed.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline copequits

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: July 9th, 2018
  • Likes Given: 5604
« Reply #293 on: May 15, 2019, 10:12:47 AM »
Congrats on that half comma today Athan.  You are a testament to the power of what KTC can do.  Thank you for making a difference in my quit from the early stages until now.  Proud to quit with you each day!

Online worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: The Dentist - again
« Reply #292 on: May 15, 2019, 09:18:39 AM »
Got a new dentist.  Got to fill out the new patient form again.  Smokeless tobacco user?  OH HELL NO! I think I laughed out loud!
In a different story, rewired to pool pump today.  I figured, I'm doing well, I'm making good coin, I'll call an electrician, I'll have some one else do it, a professional for once. So I call the dude and he comes out and says, "man, you need a new pool.  This one was put in before all the new codes.  I can't touch it.  Too much liability". So, I rewired the thing myself. Actually pulled new wire from the pool house and redid the panel box in the pool house too while I was at it. 
Would have been a whole can job, easily. Not today. Never again. For any reason.
OK.  There might be some code violations but it's running and I prolly saved my wallet a couple a hunert bucks too. All in all a pretty good day!

You got a couple solid wins there Brother! Same thing for me when I went back to my Dentist last Tuesday, they had me fill out the form again. I got to that check box and proudly checked NO. Dentist talked to me about it as the exam was going on, Said he was proud of me for doing so. We was so kind he asked me how many days quit I was, in away I was ashamed to say "Just 98 Days"  He told me he was Proud and gave me a $98 discount!

Keep up the great work Brother, I'm proud to quit with you today!
Loving your dentist!

Like a boss!  Congratulations, my toga wearing brother! 

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #291 on: May 15, 2019, 03:18:03 AM »

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #290 on: May 05, 2019, 07:26:02 AM »
Got a new dentist.  Got to fill out the new patient form again.  Smokeless tobacco user?  OH HELL NO! I think I laughed out loud!
In a different story, rewired to pool pump today.  I figured, I'm doing well, I'm making good coin, I'll call an electrician, I'll have some one else do it, a professional for once. So I call the dude and he comes out and says, "man, you need a new pool.  This one was put in before all the new codes.  I can't touch it.  Too much liability". So, I rewired the thing myself. Actually pulled new wire from the pool house and redid the panel box in the pool house too while I was at it. 
Would have been a whole can job, easily. Not today. Never again. For any reason.
OK.  There might be some code violations but it's running and I prolly saved my wallet a couple a hunert bucks too. All in all a pretty good day!

You got a couple solid wins there Brother! Same thing for me when I went back to my Dentist last Tuesday, they had me fill out the form again. I got to that check box and proudly checked NO. Dentist talked to me about it as the exam was going on, Said he was proud of me for doing so. We was so kind he asked me how many days quit I was, in away I was ashamed to say "Just 98 Days"  He told me he was Proud and gave me a $98 discount!

Keep up the great work Brother, I'm proud to quit with you today!
Loving your dentist!

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #289 on: May 04, 2019, 02:21:53 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq-EpR-8R0w

MY HOF SPEECH