Author Topic: I am ready..  (Read 38323 times)

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
Re: I am ready..
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2021, 07:43:31 PM »
11 guests in here tonight.
Make that promise to not use nicotine today.  Post a day 1. 
I will quit side by side with you.  Day 1821 and still doing it one day at a time.  It takes a team to get through this and the “A” team is right here in these forums.
Get your life back.  It’s been stolen by a dead plant in a can.

So true.  If you are reading this quit now!  How many more days are you planning to roll the dice and hope that the dip in your mouth isn't going to be the one that finally kills you?
14 viewing now...
Flush that shit and Quit today.
It ain't easy but doing it one day at a time makes it possible.
You have all the support right here!
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Online Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2021, 12:09:10 AM »
I will quit side by side with you.  Day 1821 and still doing it one day at a time.  It takes a team to get through this and the “A” team is right here in these forums.

So true.  If you are reading this quit now!  How many more days are you planning to roll the dice and hope that the dip in your mouth isn't going to be the one that finally kills you?

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2021, 11:12:38 PM »
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2034
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2020, 02:13:01 PM »
It's been a while since I've written in my intro.  Figured today is a good day for it.  I'm busy as all hell but I feel It's time for a bit of reflection.
Today marks 1600 days of freedom from nicotine.  Out of all the things I've learned here, the main thing, and most important for me that i must never forget (aside from being an addict) is that there is no way I could'a quit or stayed quit on my own.  For years, I thought it would one day be possible.  It took KTC to make me a believer.  It took a team of thousands of bad ass guys and gals to pull me up.

There are all kinds here on KTC.  One person's nemesis is another's reason to stay quit.  One quitter's man crush (  @JohnSmallberries ) is another's lost love. 
I keep watching all of the Eddie Van Halen stuff.  Like a good number of you, he was a rock n roll God growing up, immortal.  My blood turned to ice hearing the news of him dying of mouth/esophageal cancer.  I pray for myself and everyone of us that we never suffer that fate.  God willing, if we do, it serves as an example and someone out there makes a choice to either never pick up tobacco or quit right then and there.

If there is anyone reading this that is a newb and thinking about quitting, take my lead and jump right in.  Post a day one and get your life back.  I have posted my promise without fail for 1600 days in a row and I am a testament that by doing that 5 min process, being quit is the only possible outcome.

Thanks for everyone here who has been a part of my quit.  There are many of you out there that don't even realize what a big part of it you were.

Keep up the quit and If anyone ever needs digits for accountability, just PM me.

Fishflorida - A proud member of the Aug 16' Traumatizers
Congrats on kicking her ass for 1600 days @FISHFLORIDA. That is some BADASS quitting. Drink one for me tonight.
You may be the caboose of Aug 16 but I've always looked up to you and your tenacity when it comes to quitting each and every day. Damn proud to be quit with you today Dave. Welcome to 16th floor!
Congrats brother, keep blazing that trail
A quiet nod and a smile, another +1. Thanks Fish.
Always the real deal Fish.
The quit is strong with you and is measured by how many you help and who you allowed to help you.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2020, 06:17:35 PM »
It's been a while since I've written in my intro.  Figured today is a good day for it.  I'm busy as all hell but I feel It's time for a bit of reflection.
Today marks 1600 days of freedom from nicotine.  Out of all the things I've learned here, the main thing, and most important for me that i must never forget (aside from being an addict) is that there is no way I could'a quit or stayed quit on my own.  For years, I thought it would one day be possible.  It took KTC to make me a believer.  It took a team of thousands of bad ass guys and gals to pull me up.

There are all kinds here on KTC.  One person's nemesis is another's reason to stay quit.  One quitter's man crush (  @JohnSmallberries ) is another's lost love. 
I keep watching all of the Eddie Van Halen stuff.  Like a good number of you, he was a rock n roll God growing up, immortal.  My blood turned to ice hearing the news of him dying of mouth/esophageal cancer.  I pray for myself and everyone of us that we never suffer that fate.  God willing, if we do, it serves as an example and someone out there makes a choice to either never pick up tobacco or quit right then and there.

If there is anyone reading this that is a newb and thinking about quitting, take my lead and jump right in.  Post a day one and get your life back.  I have posted my promise without fail for 1600 days in a row and I am a testament that by doing that 5 min process, being quit is the only possible outcome.

Thanks for everyone here who has been a part of my quit.  There are many of you out there that don't even realize what a big part of it you were.

Keep up the quit and If anyone ever needs digits for accountability, just PM me.

Congrats on kicking her ass for 1600 days @FISHFLORIDA. That is some BADASS quitting. Drink one for me tonight.
You may be the caboose of Aug 16 but I've always looked up to you and your tenacity when it comes to quitting each and every day. Damn proud to be quit with you today Dave. Welcome to 16th floor!
A quiet nod and a smile, another +1. Thanks Fish.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2020, 04:02:01 PM »

ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4349
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2020, 11:36:26 AM »

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1878
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2020, 11:27:15 AM »

Jan19

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2020, 09:45:35 AM »

Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2019, 03:46:03 PM »
You are the man Dave, much love and adoration from a whole heap of quitters, you help make this place tick.

3 years no more slave.... well done brother
Just give him a tug and rub   ;D
Love the smell of fish in the morning...smells like....victory!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2019, 01:54:14 PM »
You are the man Dave, much love and adoration from a whole heap of quitters, you help make this place tick.

Just give him a tug and rub   ;D
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2019, 01:44:34 PM »

Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2019, 11:15:02 AM »
Three years quit.  What an unbelievable journey it has been.  Thanks for hounding me until I joined this place.  Thanks for all you have done to make KTC the success that it is.  Thanks for leading by example.  And thanks for helping to make this journey a lot of fun. 

Congrats Fish!

'Party'
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #137 on: September 07, 2018, 07:30:00 PM »
Poof

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2018, 10:28:00 AM »
Poof