Author Topic: Joined today  (Read 600 times)

Offline LMM

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Joined today
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 05:15:00 PM »
Hubert, I suggest spending a LOT of time on this site in your early days of quit. It helped me so much. Browse HOF speeches, read Traumagnet's thread, read other long introduction threads, etc. You will glean a lot of wisdom from those that have done this before you.

No matter what you are going through, the hoards here have all done it before. We know what it is like. You aren't gonna die!

Just post roll and stay quit for today. Anyone can quit for a day. Then, tomorrow, wake up and do it again. Wash, rinse, repeat, and you'll be out of the woods in no time.

Offline Tonifer

• Quit Pro
  • Go Dawgs!
  • Quit Date: September 25, 2016
  • Interests: Woodworking, Nascar, College Football
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 05:38:00 AM »
Quote from: Candoit
Quote from: Hubert.c
Just found the site, decided i needed support and feel better already. Looking forward to a dip free new life.
Looking forward to a dip free new life. Is a statement that is all hopes, wishes and dreams. They a great but for now put them aside.

You need to have desire, passion and testicular fortitude. This is not about forever, this is about today. You need to do what ever it takes to make it to the next roll call. Thats how you know I am quit, look for my name on roll.

You got this, today.

Candoit 912 todays deep.
Hubert I was on chat with you earlier. I am glad to see you joined. Go to the April group and post roll. Get involved here by reading ans sharing your experiences with other quitters here. The members of your group will become your brothers and sisters and support you, but only if you get involved.
Quit date: September 25, 2016
HOF date: January 2, 2017
Comma date: June 21, 2019

Become as addicted to your quit as you were to nic.

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 10:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Hubert.c
Just found the site, decided i needed support and feel better already. Looking forward to a dip free new life.
Looking forward to a dip free new life. Is a statement that is all hopes, wishes and dreams. They a great but for now put them aside.

You need to have desire, passion and testicular fortitude. This is not about forever, this is about today. You need to do what ever it takes to make it to the next roll call. Thats how you know I am quit, look for my name on roll.

You got this, today.

Candoit 912 todays deep.
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline Hubert.c

• Quit Date: 2017-01-19
  • Likes Given: 0
Joined today
« on: January 19, 2017, 10:28:00 PM »