Author Topic: July 09 Quitters  (Read 15929 times)

Offline DeanTheCoot

• Quitter
  • Interests: reading, eating, walking, running, fishing, Freemasonry, coffee, pussy, hunting, motorcycles, history, badminton, trees
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: July 09 Quitters
« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »
Below are portions of a PM I sent to one of my brothers today. I'm posting it here, for myself, for posterity. (The PM functionality on this site is not too robust, so I would have lost this PM after sending it.)

I think we need to face this shit head-on, all the time. I think we need to constantly remind ourselves that we are addicts. Why? Because if people like you and me forget that WE CANNOT DO MODERATION, we're gonna cave. It's fucking inevitable. A year from now, we'll just have a dip. We'll think we're cured and that we can have a few dips here and there. And then we'll be back to 2 tins a day. Almost no doubt about it, man.

Now, I think the problem is assigning some absolutely negative connotation to "addict." I believe some of us feel like lowly pieces of shit because we are addicts. I say no.

You'd be a lowly piece of shit ONLY if you didn't try to change your behavior.

It's bad to be an addict if you're still abusing your addictive medium (whether dip, cigarettes, booze, cocaine, glue, food, sex, gambling, TV, church, exercise, anything)

It's bad to be an addict only if your use of that medium is fucking up your life and the lives around you.

It's bad to be an addict if you let that medium control you.

It's GOOD to be an addict if YOU CONTROL that medium. Why? Because you'll always be in a position to compare the life you now lead (nicotine-free, in our case) versus the life you used to lead (slave to nicotine). Invariably, we will be empowered by controlling that very, very, very strong temptation. We will feel like the slavedriver, dig?

Like, don't you feel GOOD ruling this shit? As hard as it still is to go through some days, even at Day 70, isn't it fucking awesome to OWN this fucking addiction and to be fucking nicotine in the ass?

I'm basically just pointing out that I have made it this far because KTC has reminded me that MODERATION IS IMPOSSIBLE. It has reminded me to focus on the quit. It has reminded me to value the quit. It reminds of these things even when I am in the mood to not care at all....when I am in the mood to consider giving up the fight.

We need to stay reminded, man...we really do.

Offline Ricko

• Quitter
  • Interests: Start projects that I do not finish... Bonfires in the back yard.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2009, 11:04:00 PM »
Quote from: bearattack
Quote from: FtheKodiak
Quote from: KodiakDan
Quote from: DeanTheCoot
Assassin Slays Pop Idol

If I have to look at that disgusting British cunt Susan Boyle against my will one more time, I am going to fucking snap.

I just want to see how the ponies fared at Aqueduct last night. That's all. Numbers. But I click the page and see that wench's fat, ugly ass.

My kindergarten teach had a GREAT voice. But guess what? She was gross and, hence, NOT a pop idol. She had the skin of a dead beached porpoise and smelled like sweat and onions. She was not a star. For good reason. Susan Boyle needs to walk back to her fucking village and AWAY from my goddamn Internet.
She's not an Idol.

But she has Talent.

No?

Come to Monmouth Park with me tomorrow, my father's horse is racing in the 7th race. Beers, betting, and no ugly British.
Monmouth Park????

Are you a Jersey scum bag FTKodiak?
If memory serves me correctly, the only scum bag from NJ is you.

Meet me at the winner's circle tomorrow, 7th race.
Nice........gotta' love that Garden State pride
Just don't tell me you love Springsteen and have seen him 36 times.

You coming? Blueclaw is gonna get us on the infield....my Pop's horse has no shot, but he might be good for 2nd.
Sounds like a good time Glenn, unfortunately I'm chained up with commitments.....and Springsteen blows...not that terrible, but I'm spending nada on him
aegh, dunno bout that i was engaged to a jersey scumbag, shed actually let me dip during bjs.. thats y i didnt marry her........ connecticut colleges are a dumping ground for jersey scum.... no offense to anybody living in New Jovi
No shit. I went to the University of Hartford. Oye.
UHA HERE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This makes me want to move to Jersey. :)

Offline bearattack

• Quitter
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »
Assassin Slays Pop Idol

If I have to look at that disgusting British cunt Susan Boyle against my will one more time, I am going to fucking snap.

I just want to see how the ponies fared at Aqueduct last night. That's all. Numbers. But I click the page and see that wench's fat, ugly ass.

My kindergarten teach had a GREAT voice. But guess what? She was gross and, hence, NOT a pop idol. She had the skin of a dead beached porpoise and smelled like sweat and onions. She was not a star. For good reason. Susan Boyle needs to walk back to her fucking village and AWAY from my goddamn Internet.
She's not an Idol.

But she has Talent.

No?

Come to Monmouth Park with me tomorrow, my father's horse is racing in the 7th race. Beers, betting, and no ugly British.
Monmouth Park????

You coming? Blueclaw is gonna get us on the infield....my Pop's horse has no shot, but he might be good for 2nd.
Sounds like a good time Glenn, unfortunately I'm chained up with commitments.....and Springsteen blows...not that terrible, but I'm spending nada on him
aegh, dunno bout that i was engaged to a jersey scumbag, shed actually let me dip during bjs.. thats y i didnt marry her........ connecticut colleges are a dumping ground for jersey scum.... no offense to anybody living in New Jovi
UHA HERE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've dipped enough to be satisfied for a life time, done with it... I killed the bear... hate that scumbag. 02/27/09@ 10pm was my last taste!!!!

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
Assassin Slays Pop Idol

She's not an Idol.

But she has Talent.

No?

Monmouth Park????

football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline bearattack

• Quitter
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »
Assassin Slays Pop Idol

She's not an Idol.

But she has Talent.

No?

Monmouth Park????

I've dipped enough to be satisfied for a life time, done with it... I killed the bear... hate that scumbag. 02/27/09@ 10pm was my last taste!!!!

Offline DanTheMan

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: My Kids and Wife, wishing the Bears didn't suck, Sausage, Veterinary business, bird watching, weight lifting, being happy, improving my life, and being thankful for what I have
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
Assassin Slays Pop Idol

She's not an Idol.

But she has Talent.

No?

Monmouth Park????

"Making and keeping promises to yourself is the foundation for developing character and integrity"

QD: 2/25/09
HOF: 6/4/09
2nd Floor: 9/12/09
3rd Floor: 12/21/09
1 Year: 2/25/10
4th Floor: 3/31/10
5th Floor: 7/9/10
6th Floor: 10/17/10
7th Floor: 1/25/11
2 Years: 2/25/11
8th Floor: 5/5/11
9th Floor: 8/13/11
10th Floor: 11/21/11
3 Years: 2/25/12
11th Floor: 2/29/12
12th Floor: 6/8/12
13th Floor: 9/16/12
14th Floor: 12/25/12
4 Years: 2/25/13
15th Floor: 4/4/13
16th Floor: 7/13/13
17th Floor: 10/21/13
18th Floor: 1/29/13
5 Years: 2/25/14
19th Floor: 5/9/14
20th Floor: 8/19/14
21st Floor: 11/25/14
6 Years: 2/25/15
22nd Floor: 3/5/15
23rd Floor: 6/13/15
24th Floor: 9/21/15
25th Floor: 12/30/15
7 Years: 2/25/16
26th Floor: 4/8/16
27th Floor: 7/17/16
28th Floor: 10/25/16
29th Floor: 2/2/2017
8 Years: 2/25/17
30th Floor: 5/13/17
31st Floor: 8/21/17

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »
Assassin Slays Pop Idol

She's not an Idol.

But she has Talent.

No?

Monmouth Park????

Offline DanTheMan

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: My Kids and Wife, wishing the Bears didn't suck, Sausage, Veterinary business, bird watching, weight lifting, being happy, improving my life, and being thankful for what I have
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »
Assassin Slays Pop Idol

She's not an Idol.

But she has Talent.

No?

Monmouth Park????

"Making and keeping promises to yourself is the foundation for developing character and integrity"

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2009, 01:48:00 PM »
Assassin Slays Pop Idol

She's not an Idol.

But she has Talent.

No?

Monmouth Park????

Offline DanTheMan

• Quit Pro
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2009, 01:13:00 PM »
Assassin Slays Pop Idol

She's not an Idol.

But she has Talent.

No?

Monmouth Park????

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2009, 09:29:00 AM »
Assassin Slays Pop Idol

She's not an Idol.

But she has Talent.

No?

Offline DeanTheCoot

• Quitter
  • Interests: reading, eating, walking, running, fishing, Freemasonry, coffee, pussy, hunting, motorcycles, history, badminton, trees
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2009, 09:11:00 AM »
Assassin Slays Pop Idol

Offline RoyJester

• Quitter
  • Interests: fishinghandgunscampingBBQ-Smokingboobies
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »
Roy: I originally used 'DeanTheCunt' only because 'Dean' was taken when I registered. I was on Day 2 at the time, and feeling quite like killing and eating someone. I just typed 'TheCunt' on my second attempt to register, and it was NOT taken (no surprise there).

So, no metaphor was intended, unfortunately. I was not feeling ironic or creative on Day 2.

And I am not worried about freedom of speech. I had no problem changing the name, simply because I wasn't attached to it in the first place. Moreover, I don't *really* want to offend anyone...not with my name, at least.

I hate Asians.
I sometimes enjoy the fact that a lot of thought can be put into something created with no thought at all, I'll explain. I was able to ramble on and on about your name and how it could have been created. I'm sure other people could have joined in with their own ideas and thoughts on the subject. But, when it comes down to it it was all the fog. So, now I must wait and see what other options we can come up with for the change in your name.

Offline DeanTheCoot

• Quitter
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »
Roy: I originally used 'DeanTheCunt' only because 'Dean' was taken when I registered. I was on Day 2 at the time, and feeling quite like killing and eating someone. I just typed 'TheCunt' on my second attempt to register, and it was NOT taken (no surprise there).

So, no metaphor was intended, unfortunately. I was not feeling ironic or creative on Day 2.

And I am not worried about freedom of speech. I had no problem changing the name, simply because I wasn't attached to it in the first place. Moreover, I don't *really* want to offend anyone...not with my name, at least.

I hate Asians.

Offline RoyJester

• Quitter
  • Interests: fishinghandgunscampingBBQ-Smokingboobies
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2009, 09:56:00 AM »
Quote from: Smokeyg
Quote from: RoyJester
Quote from: Cuntthecunt
Admin asked me if I'd mind changing my moniker. 'Cunt' has an abrasive ring to it. Ain't no thing.
I was a little taken by your nickname at first, but then again I live in a PC controlled government office type of environment. Then I wondered to myself why would a male consider himself to be a cunt. It would be possible for a man to have vag-like qualities, but that probably isn't it. I decided your name came from being a pussy to the nic addiction. If that is the case I could consider myself RoyJesterTheCunt. Now you've been asked to change your name. In the name of freedom of speech you could throw a fit and refuse, but maybe you don't think of yourself as being such a pussy any more, and have been reduced to a 'coot' status. I too then would like to have my pussy status reduced and be RoyJesterTheCoot, or maybe I should come up with my own and be like RoyJesterThePuner or something. Well, congrats on hosing the bitch (nic that is). I think I'll stick with my first name but you'll always be a cunt to me.

Carry on.
Funny happenings going on in Cuntville, KTC.

Deanthecoot sounds really gay by the way.

Deantheaxwound?
Deanthesecondbutthole?
Deanthecockport?

Anything would be better.
DeanTheSpamPurse
DeanTheTwat
DeanTheVagina
DeanTheSpazHole
DeanThePussy
DeanTheMuff