• Quitting MoFo
  • Slather on the quit sauce
  • Quit Date: June 28, 2018
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, skiing, hockey, reading, video games
  • Likes Given: 54
Re: Day 1
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2021, 03:17:39 PM »
Day 138

So I just got home from the C-store.  Needed a single can of beer for my chili.

Guy in front of me is buying typical C-store shit when he asks for a can of Copenhagen WinterGreen Long Cut.  That was my preference of poision.

Anyway, I strike up small talk with the guy...eventually getting to the point of, "You know that shits gonna kill you?"

He agreed that it would, indeed, kill him one day, but not today.

He did say that he's thought of quitting many times.  I asked him, "what's stopping you from quitting?"  Says he will, "eventually quit dipping one day"

Isn't that just about par for the course for an addict.  The lies we told ourselves to make us feel better about continuing our addiction.

I am here quitting with all of you today, ODAAT!

-Jeff
These kinds of interactions will continue to pile up for you and they never stop being meaningful and adding another stone to your foundation. Thanks for sharing your story. A quote you might like on the power of stories.....

“Stories have power. Gleemen’s tales, and bards’ epics, and rumors in the street alike. They stir passions, and change the way men see the world.”

Keep racking up these kinds of wins brother, ODAAT.

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills."

HOF Speech -A lot has happened

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2021, 03:12:44 PM »
Day 138

Guy in front of me is buying typical C-store shit when he asks for a can of Copenhagen WinterGreen Long Cut.  That was my preference of poision.

Anyway, I strike up small talk with the guy...eventually getting to the point of, "You know that shits gonna kill you?"

He did say that he's thought of quitting many times.  I asked him, "what's stopping you from quitting?"  Says he will, "eventually quit dipping one day"

Isn't that just about par for the course for an addict.  The lies we told ourselves to make us feel better about continuing our addiction.

-Jeff
I love having those conversations with people out of the blue now. The addict speak is strong and unrelenting. Thanks Jeff for stepping up and all you do.

Doug

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-15-2020
  • Likes Given: 1031
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2021, 02:52:19 PM »
Day 138

-Jeff

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 278
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2021, 08:14:59 AM »
Day 110

If you happen to stumble across this, it isn't a fluke.  I came across KTC in my search to quit dip. 

What has happened is absolutely amazing.

I have made connections on here with folks who I am damn proud to call friends.

I don't have all the answers, but what I do have is a positive outlet for quitting that shit in your lip.

Post your promise each morning.  Simple concept.  Difficult to execute at times.

When I post my promise to my brothers and sisters of quit, it makes it fucking impossible for me to break my word.

My dad used to say that even if you don't have 2 nickels to rub together, what you do have is your word, and your word is invaluable.

I am fucking quit today, and never going back to being a slave to the can.

I could never do it alone.

Thanks to my KTC family.

-Jeff

Perfectly stated Jeff! Proud to be a FreeBird and quit with you!!
It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living!

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2021, 07:31:30 AM »
Day 110

If you happen to stumble across this, it isn't a fluke.  I came across KTC in my search to quit dip. 

I don't have all the answers, but what I do have is a positive outlet for quitting that shit in your lip.

Post your promise each morning.  Simple concept.  Difficult to execute at times.

When I post my promise to my brothers and sisters of quit, it makes it fucking impossible for me to break my word.

My dad used to say that even if you don't have 2 nickels to rub together, what you do have is your word, and your word is invaluable.

Thanks to my KTC family.

-Jeff
HELL yea man, this man is a straight up badass quitter! its a honor and privilege to call you a friend and damn proud to be quitting with you buddy!
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline famous205

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11/2/20
  • Interests: Golf, World of Warcraft, Coding
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2021, 12:09:32 AM »
Day 110

Thanks to my KTC family.

-Jeff

You are still killing it, Jeff! Proud to be quit with you today, brother!

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2021, 10:44:46 PM »
Day 110

Thanks to my KTC family.

-Jeff

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2021, 07:58:57 AM »
Thanks for the shout out Jeff. 357 magnum is special to me as I remember going squirrel hunting with my dad and that was the gun he used. We were always amazed by his shots but he was a marksman in the Army. He also reloaded his own so we were fascinated as little boys by that. I haven’t seen that gun in 35 years and haven’t seen my dad in almost a year thanks to this genocide from china.
Keep doing what you are doing here on KTC and it is nice to see new people step up and help. You have a special talent and I am so glad to see you utilize it here. We need more people to be involved and not just post and ghost. PTBQWYT
@Thefranks5

Those types of memories are gold!  I can imagine the awe you had watching him fire his .357!

Thanks for the kind words brother!  KTC has provided a great outlet for anyone willing to step up and grab life by the balls!

PTBQWYT

-Jeff

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2021, 06:33:57 AM »
Thanks for the shout out Jeff. 357 magnum is special to me as I remember going squirrel hunting with my dad and that was the gun he used. We were always amazed by his shots but he was a marksman in the Army. He also reloaded his own so we were fascinated as little boys by that. I haven’t seen that gun in 35 years and haven’t seen my dad in almost a year thanks to this genocide from china.
Keep doing what you are doing here on KTC and it is nice to see new people step up and help. You have a special talent and I am so glad to see you utilize it here. We need more people to be involved and not just post and ghost. PTBQWYT

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2021, 06:25:38 PM »
Damn, bud. 19 guests viewing the intros right now!! Surely they are jumping on soon????

They should!!!  They are depriving themselves of Freedom.  Continuing down the path of addiction never ends well.

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 278
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2021, 06:21:30 PM »
Damn, bud. 19 guests viewing the intros right now!! Surely they are jumping on soon????
It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living!

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2021, 08:43:26 PM »
Congrats brother! Damn proud of you!

Thanks brother!! ODAAT!! PTBQWYT

-Jeff

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2021, 08:13:16 PM »
Congrats brother! Damn proud of you!
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2021, 06:23:53 PM »
Congrats on 100 and reaching the HOF @JeffH4257 . Keep kicking ass and stay loyal to to your routine. Proud to quit with you today. 
Jan19

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-23
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2021, 05:05:10 PM »
Day 100, Caboose. Glad to be quit with you and have such a solid and active member in the same group as me. Keep at it. Proud to be quit with you today.

-Sajax
Vortex navigation aid:  This post was made by Sajax

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=6476.msg426318#msg426318

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.