Author Topic: Intro -Day 59  (Read 2848 times)

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
Re: Intro -Day 59
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2021, 08:32:25 AM »
HAPPY 3 months of freedom on your HOF day my friend! I hope you know i was tough on your late rolls because i wanted you to succeed. There will never be someone cheering you on to chew more, nobody to tell you good job as you kill yourself slowly.

But i will alway be here to tell you good job at quiting! its the best choice we all have made and the battle rages on! Its my privilege to be in the same group as you and as a athlete myself its cool to compete in a different way.

"I always tell my kids if you lay down, people will step over you. But if you keep scrambling, if you keep going, someone will always, always give you a hand. Always. But you gotta keep dancing, you gotta keep your feet moving." ~ Morgan Freeman~

My hand will always be out for someone in need! and if ya get in one of those bad spots again ill surly crack a beer with you friend! keep holdin that line !

~nick~LTBE

I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 04:57:16 PM »
I am very proud to say I coming up on 60 days.  I owe a lot of success to this site.  I actually never had my chantix refilled so I been off the meds too.  I don’t really remember the last few months. It seems like a fog.  I know I have spent more money on fake chew that I ever did on real stuff lol.   I lay in bed reading HOF speeches at night. I read “quit quitting contract” regularly.  It has got me this far, but i know i need more to keep my self accountable. 

Since you have come back @WrestlingAddiction you've stayed the course. Don't let those 3 days of life happen, you may cave the next time
I second what macattack said. Dude this site has proven to work but you need to stay involved. Get that post in early and hit up other months to support them also. As they say "get the biggest glass of quit kool aid you can find and chug it" when that happens you will know that you will win against that evil plant.

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • April Thunderbirds 2021
  • Likes Given: 257
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 08:43:25 AM »
I am very proud to say I coming up on 60 days.  I owe a lot of success to this site.  I actually never had my chantix refilled so I been off the meds too.  I don’t really remember the last few months. It seems like a fog.  I know I have spent more money on fake chew that I ever did on real stuff lol.   I lay in bed reading HOF speeches at night. I read “quit quitting contract” regularly.  It has got me this far, but i know i need more to keep my self accountable. 

Since you have come back @WrestlingAddiction you've stayed the course. Don't let those 3 days of life happen, you may cave the next time
Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 06:15:52 PM »

Guess you stopped reading those speeches and the "quit quitting contract" eh Wrestling?
My thoughts exactly. It's tragic how many set upon this path but cannot go the distance. That's why it's only one day at a time. I hope he figures it out and comes back.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • April Thunderbirds 2021
  • Likes Given: 257
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 02:08:48 PM »

Guess you stopped reading those speeches and the "quit quitting contract" eh Wrestling?
Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 278
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 11:43:47 AM »
Awesome WA! Glad you've joined!

It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living!

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 09:55:57 AM »
Hi guys, 

I quit dec 24th this year. I have viewed KTC several times during previous failed attempts.  Proud to say I’m 59 days nic free.  I just recently finally joined the form and finally got the ball to post know that it would help keep me accountable. 

14 years old I had my first dip.  By 15 I was chewing a can of grizz straight or WG a day.  At the time I was a serious high school wrestler with goals of winning a state title.  I figured it was the one rebellious thing I could do without effecting my athletic achievements and  health..  The lies we tell ourselves. 

Fast forward to college and still dipping at least a can a day.  By now I almost always have LC and pouches on me.  Funny to think I was working out several times a day and would have done anything to achieve my dreams of becoming an All American.  Anything besides quitting.  I dipped when I woke up.  I dipped on way to working out. Dip was and still is accepted in wrestling community.  I bartended out of the season which I would hide my dip during work. I dipped into my coffee cup during class. I dipped when I studied. I dipped between matches. I dipped when I needed to shit. I dipped when I was stressed. I dipped when I was happy.  I never really tried quitting in college.  I think maybe once or twice but didn’t last more than a few hours.

Fast forward to 24 and still dipping well over a can a day. I am now starting my career in an office and things are different than previously.  I now always have LC, pouches, snus and nic gum on me.   Now I chew nic gum or snus all day at work.  I still find time to sneak to bathroom or run an erron so I can put a LC in.  Between 24-27 I finally realized dipping was not cool, but I was basically always consuming nic.  I could not do it at work.  My social circles changed a bit and it was very embarrassing habit.  I had unsuccessfully tried quitting several times.  Mostly using nic gum and fake dip. I found ktc very helpful but never joined and never made it more than a day with out nic.  I would get to reducing gum to only a few pieces a day, but then I would find my self chewing 10-15 a day, then back to the same old habits. 

The morning of thanksgiving 2020, the doctors though my dad had cancer.  Luckily, we found out he didn’t.

December 2020, I visited the dentist who recommends I get a biopsy.  You would think I would quit immediately, but I couldn’t. Even after being told doc is concerned about cancer I still had to have one more dip.  I talked to doctor who I previously told I was trying to quit and I tried using Chantix and still using nic gum at this time ( I know ktc does not support this).  In a very short amount of time I was finally able to reduce nic gum and decided to quit dec 24th.  I figured I would be off work and around family who
I usually hid my dipping from. 

I have tried almost every fake chew out there.  I think the anticipation that I will find something I like more than actual grizz keeps me inspired.  I spend all day either with fake dip or tooth pics or gum or anything. Now that the nic is out, I can’t believe I was a slave for so long. I really still am since I think about it constantly. I may always think about dip, but I know I will not go back to using. 

I am thankful for what this site has done for me and thankful to finally join.  I’ll post roll tomorrow.
A huge piece of being quit, is admitting to yourself that you are an addict. You didn't have a bad chewing habit, you have an addiction to nicotine. Make that distinction, and WUPPEDD (Wake Up Piss Post Every Damn Day) with us and you too can be quit
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 02:09:13 PM by 69franx »
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 08:22:11 AM »
hellllllll yeaaaaaaaa!!!!! sound like your in with my badasss April 21 thunderbirds!!!! come get some brother, better see you on roll today!!! we do it ODAAT Around HERE (one day at a time). you made the correct choice as like you, we have all tried it our own way and it has not worked. Brotherhood + Accountability= Success . i will tag you where to post roll on our group 60 is damn good quittin !    also Decmber 24th would be 62 days as of today
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 08:33:29 AM by nick-Otine Free »
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline WrestlingAddiction

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 7
Intro -Day 59
« on: February 22, 2021, 10:43:39 PM »
Hi guys, 

I quit dec 24th this year. I have viewed KTC several times during previous failed attempts.  Proud to say I’m 59 days nic free.  I just recently finally joined the form and finally got the ball to post know that it would help keep me accountable. 

14 years old I had my first dip.  By 15 I was chewing a can of grizz straight or WG a day.  At the time I was a serious high school wrestler with goals of winning a state title.  I figured it was the one rebellious thing I could do without effecting my athletic achievements and  health..  The lies we tell ourselves. 

Fast forward to college and still dipping at least a can a day.  By now I almost always have LC and pouches on me.  Funny to think I was working out several times a day and would have done anything to achieve my dreams of becoming an All American.  Anything besides quitting.  I dipped when I woke up.  I dipped on way to working out. Dip was and still is accepted in wrestling community.  I bartended out of the season which I would hide my dip during work. I dipped into my coffee cup during class. I dipped when I studied. I dipped between matches. I dipped when I needed to shit. I dipped when I was stressed. I dipped when I was happy.  I never really tried quitting in college.  I think maybe once or twice but didn’t last more than a few hours.

Fast forward to 24 and still dipping well over a can a day. I am now starting my career in an office and things are different than previously.  I now always have LC, pouches, snus and nic gum on me.   Now I chew nic gum or snus all day at work.  I still find time to sneak to bathroom or run an erron so I can put a LC in.  Between 24-27 I finally realized dipping was not cool, but I was basically always consuming nic.  I could not do it at work.  My social circles changed a bit and it was very embarrassing habit.  I had unsuccessfully tried quitting several times.  Mostly using nic gum and fake dip. I found ktc very helpful but never joined and never made it more than a day with out nic.  I would get to reducing gum to only a few pieces a day, but then I would find my self chewing 10-15 a day, then back to the same old habits. 

The morning of thanksgiving 2020, the doctors though my dad had cancer.  Luckily, we found out he didn’t.

December 2020, I visited the dentist who recommends I get a biopsy.  You would think I would quit immediately, but I couldn’t. Even after being told doc is concerned about cancer I still had to have one more dip.  I talked to doctor who I previously told I was trying to quit and I tried using Chantix and still using nic gum at this time ( I know ktc does not support this).  In a very short amount of time I was finally able to reduce nic gum and decided to quit dec 24th.  I figured I would be off work and around family who
I usually hid my dipping from. 

I have tried almost every fake chew out there.  I think the anticipation that I will find something I like more than actual grizz keeps me inspired.  I spend all day either with fake dip or tooth pics or gum or anything. Now that the nic is out, I can’t believe I was a slave for so long. I really still am since I think about it constantly. I may always think about dip, but I know I will not go back to using. 

I am thankful for what this site has done for me and thankful to finally join.  I’ll post roll tomorrow.