Author Topic: Day 1 of the quit!  (Read 2774 times)

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
Re: Day 1 of the quit!
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 11:51:25 PM »
Welcome to KTC, @BrettB90. I see you've already posted your Day 1 in July yesterday. Good deal. We do things ODAAT around here, so get your ass in here and post that Day 2. 

First things first, though. GET THAT "LOVE DIP" SHIT OUT OF YOUR MIND RIGHT NOW. It wasn't love, my friend. It was addiction, and it's still with you. You just have to be stronger than it is. When it whispers, you scream. When it tickles, you punch. Exert your will over the nicodemon. YOU ARE STRONGER.

A few pieces of advice:

1. Read all you can on this site. It is a fount of information and experience. Not everyone's quit is the same, but there are definite commonalities, and you will find sound advice here.
2. Drink plenty of water. It helps with the cravings.
3. Find a new channel for the manic energy you're going to have surging at times. It may come out as anger, and when it does, come here. Don't take that shit out on anyone else. They don't deserve it. They didn't make you dip or smoke.
4. Prepare for mental fog long after the physical effects of withdrawal are gone. It's a bitch, but you can manage.

The most important thing I can tell you is to give your word early each day; it's called WUPP - Wake Up, Piss, Post. Once you do, KEEP YOUR WORD for 24 hours. We do things ODAAT here - One Day At A Time.

That's enough for now. You'll learn and figure shit out as you go, and I promise you'll hear from other quitters. The equation is simple: Brotherhood + Accountability = Success. It works.

Get in with your Quit Brothers of July, trade digits, and hold one another accountable. Own your quit.

GS9502 400 Days QLAMF

@GS9502 You are absolutely right, it is an addiction. I hated that I had/have the cravings. And how much it controls you and your life. Thank you for the tips and advice, first day dragged by and was rough but I got through it. Ready to take on day 2 and continue this quit!
I do get it, man. There was a time I probably would have said I loved dipping, but it wasn't love. It was control that I'd given over to the nic bitch. You need some digits for those bad days when you need a voice or a text to maintain your control, just send me a PM with yours, and mine will be yours. That's how we roll here, brother.
Brett I would get Matts digits for sure and don’t hesitate.  He is our group leader for June 20 and has done an awesome job. Plus he has a really really cool Georgia accent when you talk to him, lol. Glad your aboard and your in great hands here at KTC.

Doug

Welcome Brett.  If you follow the lead of the guys that have responded to your post you will be in good shape.  Break this down into manageable pieces...quit one day at a time.  You can do just about anything for one day.  Stack those days and before you know it, you're on a path to freedom.  Not easy but pretty simple.  You can do this and we are here to help.

Holding the line with you my brother

~HAG

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 04:37:11 PM »
Welcome to KTC, @BrettB90. I see you've already posted your Day 1 in July yesterday. Good deal. We do things ODAAT around here, so get your ass in here and post that Day 2. 

First things first, though. GET THAT "LOVE DIP" SHIT OUT OF YOUR MIND RIGHT NOW. It wasn't love, my friend. It was addiction, and it's still with you. You just have to be stronger than it is. When it whispers, you scream. When it tickles, you punch. Exert your will over the nicodemon. YOU ARE STRONGER.

A few pieces of advice:

1. Read all you can on this site. It is a fount of information and experience. Not everyone's quit is the same, but there are definite commonalities, and you will find sound advice here.
3. Find a new channel for the manic energy you're going to have surging at times. It may come out as anger, and when it does, come here. Don't take that shit out on anyone else. They don't deserve it. They didn't make you dip or smoke.
4. Prepare for mental fog long after the physical effects of withdrawal are gone. It's a bitch, but you can manage.

The most important thing I can tell you is to give your word early each day; it's called WUPP - Wake Up, Piss, Post. Once you do, KEEP YOUR WORD for 24 hours. We do things ODAAT here - One Day At A Time.

That's enough for now. You'll learn and figure shit out as you go, and I promise you'll hear from other quitters. The equation is simple: Brotherhood + Accountability = Success. It works.

Get in with your Quit Brothers of July, trade digits, and hold one another accountable. Own your quit.

GS9502 400 Days QLAMF

@GS9502 You are absolutely right, it is an addiction. I hated that I had/have the cravings. And how much it controls you and your life. Thank you for the tips and advice, first day dragged by and was rough but I got through it. Ready to take on day 2 and continue this quit!
I do get it, man. There was a time I probably would have said I loved dipping, but it wasn't love. It was control that I'd given over to the nic bitch. You need some digits for those bad days when you need a voice or a text to maintain your control, just send me a PM with yours, and mine will be yours. That's how we roll here, brother.
Brett I would get Matts digits for sure and don’t hesitate.  He is our group leader for June 20 and has done an awesome job. Plus he has a really really cool Georgia accent when you talk to him, lol. Glad your aboard and your in great hands here at KTC.

Doug

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 08:57:31 AM »

A few pieces of advice:

GS9502 400 Days QLAMF

Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 07:40:26 AM »

A few pieces of advice:

GS9502 400 Days QLAMF

@BrettB90
GS word is bond.  Quitting isn't easy but if you put that same energy into quitting as you did always making sure you had a can in your pocket 24/7, you will master this.  Hold the line and Quit on my brother!
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline BrettB90

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 07:37:40 AM »

A few pieces of advice:

GS9502 400 Days QLAMF

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 07:05:49 AM »

A few pieces of advice:

GS9502 400 Days QLAMF
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline BrettB90

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 9
Day 1 of the quit!
« on: April 02, 2021, 12:51:19 AM »
Hello, my name is Brett. I am going to be 31 years old at the end of April. I have a wife and a 3 month old little baby boy. I’d be lying if I said part of my quitting wasn’t for them. But I am absolutely doing this for myself. It’s been a serious love/hate relationship with this crap. I absolutely love the feeling of having a dip in my mouth, but hate it the moment I’m done with my dip. Don’t know how many times I’ve taken a dip out and told myself “that’s the last one”. And 30 minutes later, boom, another trigger/craving and got another one back in my lip. So today, April 1st, is the first day to the rest of my “dip free” life. I have gone 25 hours now without a dip (this is sadly the longest I’ve gone without nicotine in over 10 years)! But I will get through this and will never put this poison back in my body again!