Author Topic: What the hell  (Read 2748 times)

Offline CTF

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 114
Re: What the hell
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 01:45:07 AM »
I like this @RajunRick guy. Seems like he has his head on straight which will give him the best chance to succeed. If you need anything feel free to reach out Rajun. I am there for you if you need help. You got this!

CTF

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 02:54:22 PM »
Hey @RajunRick, damn glad you're here, dude. Jeff, Aggies, and Hag have given you some great advice; and I'm excited to see you posting up in the June '21 group. I'm a June '20 Renegade of Quit, so we're down by law, dude!

I see you're on Day 7, one week down, ODAAT. That's the only way to get it done, my friend - One Day At A Time. You're right; there will be good days and bad days. But I'm betting that if you thought about it, you had both kinds of days when you were dipping, too. Fuck, that shit wasn't some magic potion that made problems go away. You just didn't realize it at the time, but 1 Problem + Dip = 2 Problems.

The best thing you've got going for you is your desire to stay quit and the men and women here at KTC. We'll bust your balls and hold you accountable while supporting you through each day of your quit. Don't take shit out on your wife. Don't quit for your wife. Take shit out on us. We can take it. Quit for YOU. Your wife will reap the benefits of your quit, but this is about you, not her. You live. She benefits, too. You keep your teeth and gums. She benefits, too. It's a win/win.

Rajun, I'll be more than happy to swap digits with you. I hope you've already done that with other quitters from your June '21 group. Shoot me a PM, and my digits are yours. The best thing you can do is be consistent in making your promise first thing (WUPP) each day. Then keep your word. That's really all we have of yours - your word. Don't cheapen it by blowing off your promise, and damn sure don't burn your word by caving.

I'm 371 days nic free, and I haven't missed a day on this site. Get involved and stay involved. The people here care, but we can't stay quit for you. That, that's all you.

GS9502/Matthew
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 07:38:49 AM »
Hey Rajun.  Some great advice there.  Most important thing for me was/is taking 24hrs at a time.  Like you I had a relationship with the stuff.  Good times, tough times, stress, wins, losses, births, deaths...everything is a trigger...everything is associated with it.  Truth is the Nic is only in the relationship for one reason: to take as much money from you as possible before it kills you.  NO THANKS

This works if you let it.  Reach out if I can help.

PTBQWYT my friend

~HAG

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 278
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 10:20:43 PM »
Great choice to join Rajun! This site works if you'll let it. If you're feeling a crave or in the fog, use the resources available.  Introductions,  Hall if Fame speeches, old messages from a vet. Whatever it takes to get your mind of the nic-bitch. Stay strong, bud. You've got this!!
It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living!

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-15-2020
  • Likes Given: 1031
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 08:48:00 PM »
Welcome Rick!

You have made a smart decision to quit.  Way to take back your life, your freedom.

The process here is simple but hard.

Take it one day at a time.  Focus on the now.

You are in the most difficult period, it does get better.  A little bit each day.  Exchange digits with your group via pm, don't post them in the open forum.

Mine are yours when you need them.

Proud to be quit with you today.

-Jeff

Offline RajunRick

• Raging Asshole
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/26/21
  • Interests: Sleep
  • Likes Given: 26
What the hell
« on: March 03, 2021, 08:30:14 PM »
  Figure I should introduce myself finally. For those looking at my name and are slightly confused say cajun, then replace the c with r. Anyway, dipped for 28 years. Wife has always wanted me to quit, but I didn't want to, that's why it never really lasted very long. Now I do. So far, it's my mind that has been against me. It's that little voice that tries to make a bargin with me. Other than that annoyance, I have been doing ok. I'm not going to get overzealous or cocky and scream I've got this, it can't beat me! I know what that can is, and how it works. It loves overconfidence, and is always there waiting at that low moment. I'm going to work on me. That is my simple plan. I have used since I was 13, so every achievement or accomplishment I've made is associated with it. I now have to make new achievements and accomplishments without it, starting with my quit. I will have good days and bad days. Here's hoping the good will outweigh the bad. I look forward to seeing and continuing forward with my June 21 group.
1 day, 1 hour, 1 minute, or 1 second at a time, I will stay focused.