Author Topic: I am not here by accident.  (Read 5262 times)

Offline UncleRico

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 5651
Re: I am not here by accident.
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2021, 10:51:58 PM »
A month proper Andy - who'da thunk it?! So proud of you. I know it's rough but that's a month you'll never have to repeat again.
Hard to believe we didn't quit sooner, hard to believe we were slaves for so long.
So very very pleased that you're here quitting with me!

Andy,
Reading your story about seeing your long lost friend Athan on the KTC site gave me the “goosebumps”.
Indeed, you are not here by accident.  You are meant to be nicotine free.  It will be done OneDayAtATime.

I’ve had the privilege of meeting Athan.

Happy to be quitting with Athan and you every day.
UncleRico 1,499 Daysnotaslave

“Complacency doesn’t make sense for a guy trying to redefine normal.”  Fairclough/CEO

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 06:50:48 PM »
A month proper Andy - who'da thunk it?! So proud of you. I know it's rough but that's a month you'll never have to repeat again.
Hard to believe we didn't quit sooner, hard to believe we were slaves for so long.
So very very pleased that you're here quitting with me!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 11:32:11 PM »
Morning roll in the June 2021 Quit Group starts with this sentence every day - we are not here by accident.

Twenty years ago, I visited a friend in Texas for 2 weeks where we drove around in a big Dodge pick up, tipping cowboy hats at pretty blonde girls, and spitting Copenhagen out the truck window. We thought we were cool. Although one of my best friends, we eventually lost touch with each other through a divorce (mine), job changes, kids, etc. I didn't know it, but we held the struggle with dip in common most of these years.

Ten days ago, I was searching for a means to quit and asking God for help. I've tried a number of times before - but the quit never stuck. Had even lurked around KTC around 2014 or so. For whatever reason, I woke about 5 AM on February 26 and decided to log onto KTC for the heck of it. On the main page, there is a photo of a guy attending a Georgia meet-up. He sure looks like my friend from Texas. And his name is @Athan. There aren't many Greek cowboys with that name. One quick PM confirmed that it was my long time friend and a 3-yr HOF’er.

Our first call was quick...but Athan gave me the tough KTC line. Throw away the junk. Post roll. One day at a time. Don't break your promise. With only 10 days in, there is a long way to go - but what are the odds that this was mere coincidence? Of all the folks I could see on the one day I log in after 6 years - it's the guy I started dipping with. And it's also one of the guys helping me quit.

We are not here by accident.
Andy
There are no coincidences.  You were meant to be here.  And you are kicking ass. 

And if you are a friend of Athan's ... you are already family.   'Sing and Drink'

Over 5 years ago I quit on September 5th 2015, on the same day that my quit twin @JGlav quit.  We met each other at a quit meet less than a year later and it turned out that we both had attended the same small college around the same time.  We only realized that because I happened to wear a school t-shirt to that quit event.  That can't have been a coincidence, it had to be providence and I quit with you today!   8)

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 05:18:33 PM »
Morning roll in the June 2021 Quit Group starts with this sentence every day - we are not here by accident.

Twenty years ago, I visited a friend in Texas for 2 weeks where we drove around in a big Dodge pick up, tipping cowboy hats at pretty blonde girls, and spitting Copenhagen out the truck window. We thought we were cool. Although one of my best friends, we eventually lost touch with each other through a divorce (mine), job changes, kids, etc. I didn't know it, but we held the struggle with dip in common most of these years.

Ten days ago, I was searching for a means to quit and asking God for help. I've tried a number of times before - but the quit never stuck. Had even lurked around KTC around 2014 or so. For whatever reason, I woke about 5 AM on February 26 and decided to log onto KTC for the heck of it. On the main page, there is a photo of a guy attending a Georgia meet-up. He sure looks like my friend from Texas. And his name is @Athan. There aren't many Greek cowboys with that name. One quick PM confirmed that it was my long time friend and a 3-yr HOF’er.

Our first call was quick...but Athan gave me the tough KTC line. Throw away the junk. Post roll. One day at a time. Don't break your promise. With only 10 days in, there is a long way to go - but what are the odds that this was mere coincidence? Of all the folks I could see on the one day I log in after 6 years - it's the guy I started dipping with. And it's also one of the guys helping me quit.

Andy
There are no coincidences.  You were meant to be here.  And you are kicking ass. 

And if you are a friend of Athan's ... you are already family.   'Sing and Drink'
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline PA_Dutchman

• Quitter
    • Addictions: A Banquet in the Grave
  • Quit Date: Friday, February 26, 2021
  • Interests: Faith | Family | Friends | PSE Archery | Animal Husbandry
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 06:36:16 AM »
that thing with the cow....well...let's leave that in the past.

http://gph.is/2dxoWwN
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 06:38:37 AM by PA_Dutchman »
Is there something in my beard?
Banquet in the Grave

verbum quit sapienti est

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 03:59:00 AM »
that thing with the cow....well...let's leave that in the past.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline PA_Dutchman

• Quitter
    • Addictions: A Banquet in the Grave
  • Quit Date: Friday, February 26, 2021
  • Interests: Faith | Family | Friends | PSE Archery | Animal Husbandry
  • Likes Given: 22
I am not here by accident.
« on: March 07, 2021, 07:12:19 PM »

Andy
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 07:14:00 PM by PA_Dutchman »
Is there something in my beard?
Banquet in the Grave

verbum quit sapienti est