Author Topic: Need help does it get better?  (Read 3418 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
Re: Need help does it get better?
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2021, 02:26:10 PM »
There is too many places to post on here with to many acronyms that a newbie like me has no clue what they mean. Why can this be simple?

Q&A
 I’m on my second day of cold turkey quitting, HOW DO I GET THE PAIN TO STOP?
I can’t sleep but for some reason I feel like I’m going to pass out. Is this normal?
I can’t think straight, how long till the fog is lifted?

I quit after 20 years of dipping. First week was hell. I laid in bed not sure if I would survive. I have severe lung and heart issues as well so it was a rough ride. I had made a decision that I would be free one way or another. I felt like the worst case of the flu, I even wondered if I had covid but I didn’t have a fever just everything else. I drank lots of water and slept as much as I could as exercised as much as I could with my condition.   I know its hard and it feels like you won’t make it through but you will.  It gets better. Let this make you mad that a substance has caused this. Let it be your motivation to be quit for good. It will get better with time. 
Hang in there keep pushing forward. You can do this!!
@Phill82245 it does get a lot easier but it takes time. Here is the link to the new July2021 group. Click on the link and post roll. https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16984.0. Your body is going through a lot but everyday will get easier. I know it is hard to hear but you will need to be patient. After 3 days the nicotine is out of your system. Your body will need to establish a new norm as nicotine will not be flowing through your veins. Quitting isn’t easy, but I don’t think it is a hard as dealing with chemo and cancer. Suggest you read as much as you can on the site - HOF section is one of my favorites. You can do this.
@Phill82245 Plenty of advice given and I would to keep coming back to this page and blog it out. Unload here instead of on your family and friends. You are in for quite a ride but man stay the course as it will suck for sure but it does get better. I know exactly what you are going thru the first week and I never thought I would get better. Get to posting your promise and check back during the day because if you stuck your promise in the wrong place somebody will fix it and leave you directions. The other piece of advice and the biggest is to share digits. I never thought it would work and that was the tool I needed. Never share on the forum but only thru PMS. You want mine they are yours just ask and if not that is ok. Stay strong, stay safe and STAY QUIT.

Doug
First off @Phill82245  take a deep breath.  Seriously, it really helps.  Now... realize that you are not dying, you are not going crazy ... nothing is wrong with you.  Everything you have described is just par for the course.  At day 2 you were in the throes of withdawal from a highly addictive substance.  Nicotine should be out of your system by tomorrow.  A lot of the worst will be over physically  - but other challenges will begin.

I’m on my second day of cold turkey quitting, HOW DO I GET THE PAIN TO STOP? Depends on what you mean by "pain."  If you mean, when will the cravings and the discomfort go away... everyone is different - you should feel better in a few days - then maybe even better in several more.  It is a progression.  And then as soon as you have some great days - you should expect to fall into some funks along the way.  The main point to make here though - is that it WILL go away - and you will feel human again - as long as you just push through and never put nicotine in your body again.  Ever - not even a little bit to "take the edge off."  As long as you put nicotine into your body you will remain addicted.  That's how it is with addiction. 

In the meantime, people find that fake dip, sunflower seeds, licorice, etc., helps for the oral fix.  Exercise, drinking tons of water, finding ways to keep yourself distracted - helps with the other discomforts.   I found that educating myself on what was going on with my brain and body helped me immensely when cravings hit - because I started seeing it clinically instead of emotionally.  There is insane amounts of information on this site - read read read.  If you want the best chances of succeeding - go to July 2021 (others have provided a link) and start posting roll daily and quitting with a bunch of people going through EXACTLY what you are going through right now.

I can’t sleep but for some reason I feel like I’m going to pass out. Is this normal?  Yes.  If I had to generalize, most people get back to normal sleeping patterns in a week to two weeks.  Some a little longer.  By then, you will sleep better than ever without a stimulant in your body.

I can’t think straight, how long till the fog is lifted?  Again, hard to say since everyone is different.  In my case, I think by month 2 the fog was lifting  - but I still lapsed into foggy days on occasion for quite a while.

There are no magic pills.  Quitting isn't easy.  It is tough.  Every single one of us here has gone through it - and we were just as addicted, sleep deprived and fog-addled as you are right now.  What all of us will tell you is this:  every minute of misery we went through was totally worth it.  All of it.  The freedom from nicotine is indescribable after decades of slavery.  You are on your way.  You can do it.
Cannot say it better than they ^^^

Here are some links that will help you get started with us on this site:

New Quitter Hints and Helps
https://www.killthecan.org/heres-how-you-quit-ball-is-in-your-court-now/

What to expect
https://www.killthecan.org/your-quit/what-to-expect-100-days-and-beyond/
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2556
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2021, 02:15:03 PM »
There is too many places to post on here with to many acronyms that a newbie like me has no clue what they mean. Why can this be simple?

Q&A
I can’t sleep but for some reason I feel like I’m going to pass out. Is this normal?

I quit after 20 years of dipping. First week was hell. I laid in bed not sure if I would survive. I have severe lung and heart issues as well so it was a rough ride. I had made a decision that I would be free one way or another. I felt like the worst case of the flu, I even wondered if I had covid but I didn’t have a fever just everything else. I drank lots of water and slept as much as I could as exercised as much as I could with my condition.   I know its hard and it feels like you won’t make it through but you will.  It gets better. Let this make you mad that a substance has caused this. Let it be your motivation to be quit for good. It will get better with time. 
@Phill82245 it does get a lot easier but it takes time. Here is the link to the new July2021 group. Click on the link and post roll. https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16984.0. Your body is going through a lot but everyday will get easier. I know it is hard to hear but you will need to be patient. After 3 days the nicotine is out of your system. Your body will need to establish a new norm as nicotine will not be flowing through your veins. Quitting isn’t easy, but I don’t think it is a hard as dealing with chemo and cancer. Suggest you read as much as you can on the site - HOF section is one of my favorites. You can do this.
@Phill82245 Plenty of advice given and I would to keep coming back to this page and blog it out. Unload here instead of on your family and friends. You are in for quite a ride but man stay the course as it will suck for sure but it does get better. I know exactly what you are going thru the first week and I never thought I would get better. Get to posting your promise and check back during the day because if you stuck your promise in the wrong place somebody will fix it and leave you directions. The other piece of advice and the biggest is to share digits. I never thought it would work and that was the tool I needed. Never share on the forum but only thru PMS. You want mine they are yours just ask and if not that is ok. Stay strong, stay safe and STAY QUIT.

Doug
First off @Phill82245  take a deep breath.  Seriously, it really helps.  Now... realize that you are not dying, you are not going crazy ... nothing is wrong with you.  Everything you have described is just par for the course.  At day 2 you were in the throes of withdawal from a highly addictive substance.  Nicotine should be out of your system by tomorrow.  A lot of the worst will be over physically  - but other challenges will begin.

I’m on my second day of cold turkey quitting, HOW DO I GET THE PAIN TO STOP? Depends on what you mean by "pain."  If you mean, when will the cravings and the discomfort go away... everyone is different - you should feel better in a few days - then maybe even better in several more.  It is a progression.  And then as soon as you have some great days - you should expect to fall into some funks along the way.  The main point to make here though - is that it WILL go away - and you will feel human again - as long as you just push through and never put nicotine in your body again.  Ever - not even a little bit to "take the edge off."  As long as you put nicotine into your body you will remain addicted.  That's how it is with addiction. 

In the meantime, people find that fake dip, sunflower seeds, licorice, etc., helps for the oral fix.  Exercise, drinking tons of water, finding ways to keep yourself distracted - helps with the other discomforts.   I found that educating myself on what was going on with my brain and body helped me immensely when cravings hit - because I started seeing it clinically instead of emotionally.  There is insane amounts of information on this site - read read read.  If you want the best chances of succeeding - go to July 2021 (others have provided a link) and start posting roll daily and quitting with a bunch of people going through EXACTLY what you are going through right now.

I can’t sleep but for some reason I feel like I’m going to pass out. Is this normal?  Yes.  If I had to generalize, most people get back to normal sleeping patterns in a week to two weeks.  Some a little longer.  By then, you will sleep better than ever without a stimulant in your body.

I can’t think straight, how long till the fog is lifted?  Again, hard to say since everyone is different.  In my case, I think by month 2 the fog was lifting  - but I still lapsed into foggy days on occasion for quite a while.

There are no magic pills.  Quitting isn't easy.  It is tough.  Every single one of us here has gone through it - and we were just as addicted, sleep deprived and fog-addled as you are right now.  What all of us will tell you is this:  every minute of misery we went through was totally worth it.  All of it.  The freedom from nicotine is indescribable after decades of slavery.  You are on your way.  You can do it.
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2021, 01:46:12 PM »

Q&A

Doug

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2105
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 08:05:14 PM »

Q&A

Jan19

Offline Phxshadow

• Quitter
  • There is always hope
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 07:12:58 PM »

Q&A

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 07:14:48 PM by Phxshadow »
Staying quit one Day at a Time.
My quit date April 25 2020
1st floor 8/2/20 2nd floor 11/10/20
3rd floor 2/18/21 4th floor 5/29/21
5th floor 9/6/21

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 278
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 06:56:33 PM »
You can't stop the pain. Its your body ridding itself of the nicotine. The 2nd day was the worst for me. I promise it does get better. The fog is real. Drink lots of water to help flush your system. There is no one cure all to get over it but you will.

As for as roll,  I'll PM you how it works.
It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living!

Offline Phill82245

• Quit Date: 27 March 21
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 04:27:01 PM »

Q&A

Offline Phill82245

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 04:19:55 PM »
I looked at what you said and I have no clue what to do it’s the same things printed over and over again no one is talking it’s hard enough for me to focus. No one is saying anything in English over there. Just contracts and gibberish. No one is talking to anyone just people repeating mantras. I need answers not heavens gate talking points. My chest is on fire, it hurts to breath. My body wants to sleep but I can’t, my system is shutting down, my body hurts and it’s taking everything I have to write something coherent. I don’t want to copy, paste, validate, time stamp, bit coin, contract, worship, just to ask simple questions. I NEED HELP! I FEEL LIKE IM GOING CRAZY.!!!!!

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 03:29:55 PM »
Ok I’m on my second day of quitting. Gone cold turkey after 27 years, I feel so sick, can’t sleep, can’t even think correctly. 2+2= CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG ON A HARLEY DOING DONUTS! Nothing makes sense, my body feels like I just did a marathon and now I have the swine flu. Muscles are sore and I feel like I’m going to puke. Drank so much water. Tell me this gets better. It’s hard to continue.
it’s get better friend, get into July quit group. Take it ODAAT -one day at a time around here. Take it slow quiting is hard , but not as hard as cancer . The further you distance yourself the more you gain traction. Now you will be lost in wonder land for a few weeks that I barley remember myself. That’s why I blog in these intros to remember. Get exercise try to sweat some of it out and get a dopamine rush to help with your chemically confused brainiage . Get on roll and we can help you stay quit by making a promise every damn day to yourself and to use that you keep your word of quiting for the day. Brotherhood + accountability = success !   ~nick, LTBE- yesterday is long gone, tomorrow may never come, BuT today! Today is Enough
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline Phill82245

Need help does it get better?
« on: March 28, 2021, 02:50:48 PM »
Ok I’m on my second day of quitting. Gone cold turkey after 27 years, I feel so sick, can’t sleep, can’t even think correctly. 2+2= CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG ON A HARLEY DOING DONUTS! Nothing makes sense, my body feels like I just did a marathon and now I have the swine flu. Muscles are sore and I feel like I’m going to puke. Drank so much water. Tell me this gets better. It’s hard to continue.