Author Topic: 1st Day Quit  (Read 54680 times)

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
Re: 1st Day Quit
« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2023, 07:09:16 PM »
Well, over 2,000 days quit and I love being quit. 

Anyone seeing this that has any doubts about being quit, please feel free to reach out to me.  I would be happy to share my story with you and help get you on the path to freedom from nicotine.

Best Regards,

chris2alaska
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
« Reply #163 on: September 08, 2021, 10:41:07 AM »
Okay, this is my vain moment.  I only need 69 more views to get to 14,000, so come view my intro pages.  Look around, if you see something you like, like it.  If you see something you want to comment on, then comment. 

If I have helped you in your quit, then go help someone else in their quit because paying it forward if the ultimate form of recognition.  Thanks for visiting.

Chris

Thank you everyone, my intro has reached 14,000 views.  Now on to 15K.  Stay tuned for something you don't want to miss.  I don't know what it is yet but I guarantee you will not want to miss it.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

chris2alaska

Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 384
« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2021, 07:39:40 AM »
Okay, this is my vain moment.  I only need 69 more views to get to 14,000, so come view my intro pages.  Look around, if you see something you like, like it.  If you see something you want to comment on, then comment. 

If I have helped you in your quit, then go help someone else in their quit because paying it forward if the ultimate form of recognition.  Thanks for visiting.

Chris
KTC wouldn't exist without guys like you!

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2021, 01:49:48 AM »

Chris

Brian Dive

Roy T. Bennett

wastepanel

chris2alaska

Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
  • Quit Date: 03/22/2008
  • Likes Given: 658
Re: New Chapter
« Reply #160 on: August 27, 2021, 09:22:59 AM »
Well,

I am no longer a Moderator.  I had been considering the idea of retiring for well over a month.  It was just time for me to move on and focus more on helping others quit this vile addiction of ours.  I did the leave the door open, so you may once again see me donning the Moderator title in the future.

I would, however, like to thank everyone of the Admins and Moderators that I had the pleasure of working with over the last few years.  It is a thankless job for the most part and there are some very tough decisions that have to be made, unfortunately, not everyone agrees with the decisions in every case.  But I know in my heart that all of the decisions made are for the greater good of the site and its members even though there are some that would say the decisions are biased and in the interests of those making the decisions.  This is just so untrue and I hope one day those that feel this way actually see all the good being done and not what they perceive as the bad.

Over the last few years, I have seen a shift in how this site works.  It used to be a very hard nosed, tough love, drag 'em through the dirt until theY break kind of place.  Used to be, if a quitter was late posting or missed roll all together, there'd be 15 people calling them up on the phone to get their ass in to post roll.  Lately, it has gotten much softer.  I know that is why a lot of the vets have left and it is sad because they have so much to offer new and old quitters alike.  The groups have gotten smaller and smaller as well.  I assume this is due, in large part, to the overwhelming stresses of life dealing with the pandemic and our government over the last year and a half.  No one wants to give up their vice for dealing with stress.  I have a feeling that WHEN all of this passes, these halls are going to be filled once again and I plan on being here for it.  I just wish people could realize that they don't need nicotine to deal with stress in their lives.  It actually hinders your mind and body's natural abilities to deal with stress.

So, until that day comes, you can find me here helping those that have found there way here.  If anyone wants or needs digits, mine are always available, just ask. 

Quit all day with all of you,

Chris

@group:Administrator  @Moderator  @Admin (Retired)  @Moderator (Retired)

Chris,
Thanks for all that you have done, and I am sure, will continue to do.

See you around,
Stan

Thanks Chris!  I'm glad that folks like you step up to moderate and administrate.   8)

I'm not sure why vets leave.  I just know that this site was there for me on my day 6 and I seem to wake up every day with a thought in my head that I should post roll.

@chris2alaska thank you for stepping up in a leadership role. We need more people like you to do this to keep this place rolling. See you on the boards posting.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2021, 12:18:10 AM »
Well,

I am no longer a Moderator.  I had been considering the idea of retiring for well over a month.  It was just time for me to move on and focus more on helping others quit this vile addiction of ours.  I did the leave the door open, so you may once again see me donning the Moderator title in the future.

I would, however, like to thank everyone of the Admins and Moderators that I had the pleasure of working with over the last few years.  It is a thankless job for the most part and there are some very tough decisions that have to be made, unfortunately, not everyone agrees with the decisions in every case.  But I know in my heart that all of the decisions made are for the greater good of the site and its members even though there are some that would say the decisions are biased and in the interests of those making the decisions.  This is just so untrue and I hope one day those that feel this way actually see all the good being done and not what they perceive as the bad.

Over the last few years, I have seen a shift in how this site works.  It used to be a very hard nosed, tough love, drag 'em through the dirt until theY break kind of place.  Used to be, if a quitter was late posting or missed roll all together, there'd be 15 people calling them up on the phone to get their ass in to post roll.  Lately, it has gotten much softer.  I know that is why a lot of the vets have left and it is sad because they have so much to offer new and old quitters alike.  The groups have gotten smaller and smaller as well.  I assume this is due, in large part, to the overwhelming stresses of life dealing with the pandemic and our government over the last year and a half.  No one wants to give up their vice for dealing with stress.  I have a feeling that WHEN all of this passes, these halls are going to be filled once again and I plan on being here for it.  I just wish people could realize that they don't need nicotine to deal with stress in their lives.  It actually hinders your mind and body's natural abilities to deal with stress.

So, until that day comes, you can find me here helping those that have found there way here.  If anyone wants or needs digits, mine are always available, just ask. 

Chris

Chris,

See you around,
Stan

Thanks Chris!  I'm glad that folks like you step up to moderate and administrate.   8)

I'm not sure why vets leave.  I just know that this site was there for me on my day 6 and I seem to wake up every day with a thought in my head that I should post roll.

Offline Remshot

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • The One
  • Quit Date: January 23, 2006
  • Interests: Family
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2021, 10:22:12 PM »
Well,

Chris

Chris,

See you around,
Stan
QSXtreme

Quit -1/23/06
HOF -5/02/06 May 2006 Drama Queens

Proverbs 18:2

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."

A Quit Plan: Do you have one?

CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit.
After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco. SportDad 1/13/05

Warm summer sun, shine kindly here;
Warm southern wind, blow softly here;
Green sod above, lie light, lie light.-
Good-night, dear heart, good-night.

Be silly, be honest, be kind

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2021, 06:51:59 PM »
Well,

Chris

Thank you @chris2alaska for all you have done. You have helped countless addicts including myself. It has been a pleasure walking the halls with you. Love you brother!
you are the beezzzz knees friend! i invested because you invested i owe you alot.
Thank you, thank you , thank you for everything you have contributed. You have helped even when you had no clue you were helping. That is why I came out of my shell to help and that has made a huge difference with my quit. Thanks again my friend and yes if I ever get to Alaska I will be calling you. PTBQWYT

Doug

Thanks for all you have done.  I know you have personally impacted many quitters that have passed through these halls.  Good luck and hope to see you around in the future!!!

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2021, 06:01:10 PM »
Well,

Chris

Thank you @chris2alaska for all you have done. You have helped countless addicts including myself. It has been a pleasure walking the halls with you. Love you brother!
you are the beezzzz knees friend! i invested because you invested i owe you alot.
Thank you, thank you , thank you for everything you have contributed. You have helped even when you had no clue you were helping. That is why I came out of my shell to help and that has made a huge difference with my quit. Thanks again my friend and yes if I ever get to Alaska I will be calling you. PTBQWYT

Doug

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2021, 02:19:47 PM »
Can’t thank you enough my brother, for your effort, your time. This place is amazing - it just kinda works. I’ve noticed a down tick in the pulse of the organization as well. That’s ok. As long as there’s addicts; there’ll be a need to quit. And there’s no shortage of addicts.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2021, 02:10:18 PM »
Well,

Chris

I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2021, 01:58:48 PM »
Well,

Chris

Jan19

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
New Chapter
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2021, 12:18:33 PM »
Well,

Chris

« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 12:47:57 PM by chris2alaska »

Brian Dive

Roy T. Bennett

wastepanel

chris2alaska

Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2021, 07:34:21 PM »
Today I hit 1,200 days Free of nicotine.  I am ever so thankful to all of the brothers and sisters that support me day in and day out.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  You all have saved my life.  I hope I have had a part in keeping someone else from the clutches of nicotine.

Thank you! I Love You! Someday I will hug you!
Congrats @chris2alaska on hitting the 12th and thank you for all you do to help quitters. You know you played and play a roll in my quit. Proud to quit with you brother. Cheers  'shots'
Well done brother, no reason to stop now. Like Keith said, you have done and so much for this place, keep killing EDD
Thanks for everything Chris!  Proud to quit with you! 'Have a beer'
The hug...is that a promise? Congratulations!! Thank you for all you do here!!
Most definitely @ankape
Congrats Chris. You are a wealth of support and knowledge. Never stop what you are doing.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2021, 07:01:52 PM »
Today I hit 1,200 days Free of nicotine.  I am ever so thankful to all of the brothers and sisters that support me day in and day out.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  You all have saved my life.  I hope I have had a part in keeping someone else from the clutches of nicotine.

Thank you! I Love You! Someday I will hug you!
Congrats @chris2alaska on hitting the 12th and thank you for all you do to help quitters. You know you played and play a roll in my quit. Proud to quit with you brother. Cheers  'shots'
Well done brother, no reason to stop now. Like Keith said, you have done and so much for this place, keep killing EDD
Thanks for everything Chris!  Proud to quit with you! 'Have a beer'
The hug...is that a promise? Congratulations!! Thank you for all you do here!!
Most definitely @ankape 

Brian Dive

Roy T. Bennett

wastepanel

chris2alaska

Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech