Author Topic: I quit 20 days ago new to ktc  (Read 12555 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: I quit 20 days ago new to ktc
« Reply #236 on: April 15, 2016, 03:54:00 PM »
Quote from: gb321
Being quit is a choice. I'm free at 217 days. That's a long time and I'm so proud to be here.
Proud to be free with you Ross. It feels good to be a winner.

Offline gb321

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-12
  • Interests: Quitting nicotineBaseballHockeyFootballGirls
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #235 on: April 15, 2016, 03:24:00 PM »
Being quit is a choice. I'm free at 217 days. That's a long time and I'm so proud to be here.

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #234 on: March 29, 2016, 07:23:00 AM »
Quote from: tjschu
Quote from: worktowin
Congratulations on 200!
Congrats on the second floor!!!!
Way to go GB! Congrats!
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #233 on: March 29, 2016, 06:23:00 AM »
Congratulations on 200!
Congrats on the second floor!!!!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #232 on: March 29, 2016, 05:16:00 AM »
Congratulations on 200!

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2042
« Reply #231 on: March 28, 2016, 11:52:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Well 200 days tomorrow, kinda crazy to think of how far I've come.
Just think... you could be MUCH further along than this.

Keep it up... keep it together.
so great GB!! congrats
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2016, 11:17:00 PM »
Just think... you could be MUCH further along than this.

Keep it up... keep it together.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline gb321

• Quitter
« Reply #229 on: March 28, 2016, 10:23:00 PM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #228 on: March 06, 2016, 06:26:00 AM »
Quote from: tjschu
Good win man!!
GB I'm happy you pushed thru tonight. Caving is a choice. Freedom is a choice. Anybody can cave. Only a winner can choose freedom.

One day at a time dude. The decisions you make seal your fate.

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #227 on: March 06, 2016, 06:09:00 AM »
Good win man!!

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #226 on: March 05, 2016, 10:36:00 PM »
Today, man, just get through today.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline gb321

• Quitter
« Reply #225 on: March 05, 2016, 10:08:00 PM »
I could've caved tonight but I didn't! I was too strong too. I love my qui too much. I've been texting work to win this whole night and I got asked to cave this whole night but I've been too strong to. I don't give up. All of you please dm me your numbers! I'd love to quit with all of you.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2042
« Reply #224 on: January 26, 2016, 07:17:00 PM »
Quote from: kramer
Quote from: JimJamRustlin
Do I miss the feeling  taste of dip in my mouth? Yes.
Dude... I'm gonna be a dick here. If I'm overthinking it, well, so be it.

We talk a lot about mindset for a reason. It's a gigantic component in our fight against this addiction. That sentence I've highlighted is telling me yours still isn't right, bro! You absolutely must stop romanticizing what you "think" you miss. Until you develop a heathy level of hate/disgust for that shit... you're just spinning your wheels until you cave again.

For real.

I'm at 1,015 today. Yes... I get the random craves. I mean, c'mon, I abused myself for 25 years. A mere 1,015 days isn't going to heal the scars I inflicted. BUT... the mere thought of buying, packing, pinching, and then stuffing that shit in my face makes me nauseous. Like a physical blow of illness and, thank God! I hate what that shit made me... and made me do. Never. Again.

Be wary, bro. Don't give lip service to fredom... it's too precious.
Freedom. It is so hard to attain. Quite honestly, at ~130 days it is hard to understand or grasp.

Shame. Cancer. Waste. Hiding. These are easy to grasp. These are what you have lived over the past few months/years of your life. These are what you are currently missing out on. You miss the taste of tobacco? I sure as shit don't. Some dude at work spit in his trashcan last week and I smelled it and it almost made me sick. When I got done with him and his boss, I'm sure I won't smell that from the trashcan again. It is a disgusting, nasty thing. Drool running down your face. A lip that looks like those whacked out Africans. There is no positive.

You miss the taste? Go buy some smokey mountain and chew away. It won't give you cancer and in a little while when you realize how lame the whole thing is you can just throw it out... cause you won't be addicted.

My 2 cents.

--w2w
1 leaf to rule them all..

What up GB, glad to see you are still quit. theres nothing to miss about the taste of voluntary suicide. you need to dispise that shit. whenever you think about it, it should be, yah i remeber when i use to chew that shit, not any more. you dont have time to "miss" dip. there is no time, life is short. quit with you today
I have nothing to add but more support because they have all said what I would have said.
'Crazy'
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline kramer

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #223 on: January 26, 2016, 04:00:00 PM »
Quote from: JimJamRustlin

We talk a lot about mindset for a reason. It's a gigantic component in our fight against this addiction. That sentence I've highlighted is telling me yours still isn't right, bro! You absolutely must stop romanticizing what you "think" you miss. Until you develop a heathy level of hate/disgust for that shit... you're just spinning your wheels until you cave again.

For real.

I'm at 1,015 today. Yes... I get the random craves. I mean, c'mon, I abused myself for 25 years. A mere 1,015 days isn't going to heal the scars I inflicted. BUT... the mere thought of buying, packing, pinching, and then stuffing that shit in my face makes me nauseous. Like a physical blow of illness and, thank God! I hate what that shit made me... and made me do. Never. Again.

Freedom. It is so hard to attain. Quite honestly, at ~130 days it is hard to understand or grasp.

Shame. Cancer. Waste. Hiding. These are easy to grasp. These are what you have lived over the past few months/years of your life. These are what you are currently missing out on. You miss the taste of tobacco? I sure as shit don't. Some dude at work spit in his trashcan last week and I smelled it and it almost made me sick. When I got done with him and his boss, I'm sure I won't smell that from the trashcan again. It is a disgusting, nasty thing. Drool running down your face. A lip that looks like those whacked out Africans. There is no positive.

You miss the taste? Go buy some smokey mountain and chew away. It won't give you cancer and in a little while when you realize how lame the whole thing is you can just throw it out... cause you won't be addicted.

My 2 cents.

--w2w

What up GB, glad to see you are still quit. theres nothing to miss about the taste of voluntary suicide. you need to dispise that shit. whenever you think about it, it should be, yah i remeber when i use to chew that shit, not any more. you dont have time to "miss" dip. there is no time, life is short. quit with you today
I have nothing to add but more support because they have all said what I would have said.

Offline JimJamRustlin

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-02-08
  • Interests: powerlifting, bodybuilding, personal training, shooting, photography, cycling, gaming, live music
« Reply #222 on: January 26, 2016, 11:59:00 AM »

For real.

My 2 cents.

--w2w

Taylor Swift is my spirit animal