Author Topic: Day 3 of my Quit  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2277
Re: Day 3 of my Quit
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 09:11:15 AM »
I am on day 33 and would be proud to quit with you. Shoot me a message with your digits and let quit the Nic Bitch together. Keith0617

Thanks for the support all. I will not break my promise to this group

Hell yes....I'm looking forward to those freedoms. I am so damn tired of:
- being pulled to the Holiday station on a daily basis and paying my $9 toll
- sitting on the can for no other reason that to have a chew
- staying up late with the Nic Bitch instead of going to bed with my wife
- watching my mother in law find a chew bottle under the passenger seat of my car, ask me what it is and then proceed to cry, telling me I'd better not leave her daughter w/out a husband and father because I choose to spit this shit

Proud to be quitting today w/ this group.

Bags
Jan19

Offline thestinger

• Quitter
  • Quit today for yourself.
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 11:48:02 PM »
Welcome to the site.  I am on day 18 myself and it is hard.  Make sure when people PM you and give you their number, you give yours to them also.  If you are interested read my introduction, "Hello everyone Day 1"  I have been told by a couple of people that it has helped them get through a tough spot.  I have found that if I post my ideas on the site, it helps keep my head clear and keeps me from doing something that I would regret.  Your story defiantly strengthened my resolve.  Thank you, was feeling kind of weak tonight.

I am proud to quit with you today.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2018, 08:48:41 PM »

- watching my mother in law find a chew bottle under the passenger seat of my car, ask me what it is and then proceed to cry, telling me I'd better not leave her daughter w/out a husband and father because I choose to spit this shit

Wow. That has got to be among the worst stories I've read here at KTC.

Bags, thanks for sharing this story. Facing these truths and disappointments head on will strengthen your quit, and others. Your story strengthened my hatred against nicotine.

One day at a time, freedom is ahead.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 01:39:50 PM »

Wow. That has got to be among the worst stories I've read here at KTC.

Offline bags

• Bags
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/29/18
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 12:28:23 PM »
Thanks for the support all. I will not break my promise to this group

Hell yes....I'm looking forward to those freedoms. I am so damn tired of:
- being pulled to the Holiday station on a daily basis and paying my $9 toll
- sitting on the can for no other reason that to have a chew
- staying up late with the Nic Bitch instead of going to bed with my wife

Proud to be quitting today w/ this group.

Bags

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 10:39:46 AM »
$60 a week... can you even believe that nonsense?  What is even crazier?  What did that $60 do for you?  When was the last time you got a good buzz off of that $60.  My guess is... decades.  The only thing nicotine does for you is take away the withdrawal from nicotine.  That's it.  A complete lie... but you are on a road to freedom.

Freedom?  Did you say freedom?  Yep!  See, this journey will lead you places that you never expected.  You have no idea how much time you spent scheming... making excuses... making emergency last minute trips to the store... hiding... lying... and ignoring the important parts of life.  Nicotine was an excuse to level out the highs, and the lows of life.  You can finally start enjoying the really good times with friends and family all in, and you can face the struggles like the man that you are instead of hiding with an empty coke bottle.  This all sounds crazy at the moment, but you are going to reach a place that you can't imagine.  Right now it is a lot of pain.  There is a whole lot more gain ahead than you can even believe.

I'm honored to quit with you today, sir.  Should you need a contact, shoot me a message.  I love quitting with winners, and this intro has win written all over it.

--worktowin

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 03:14:39 PM »
Welcome.

Quitting here is simple - Post roll early every single day, including weekends, sick days, holidays and birthdays. Refuse to cave for any reason. Reach out to other brothers when you need to. My digits are a PM away.

Quitting is simple, but hard as hell. There's no way to sugar coat it. Quitting is hard. The support you find here will help.

RDB 1,015

Offline PMILS

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • September 16 STD
  • Quit Date: 14Jun16
  • Likes Given: 172
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 05:55:17 AM »
Fellow Quitters

I'm on day 3 of my quit and am happy to find this site. I've chewed Copenhagen for 25+ years and was up to a tin a day.
In Minnesota, that's about $60 per week which is absolutely insane. I'm done throwing my health and my money into the wind and am ready to take control of this circular can I now call "the Nic Bitch" (no offense intended).

I have a beautiful wife and 2 wonderful kids that I'd like to stick around for. I'm fully committed to this quit and will look forward to posting in roll call each and every day.

Mark (aka Bags)

Hell yeah, another Minnesota badass, I'm originally from South Dakota so I naturally  became a fan of all Minnesota teams, except the damn Gophers.

This site works if you stick with it.  Wake Up Piss Post Roll, keep your promise and do it again the next day.

Reach out to your fellow quitters and get digits, you never know when you will need to reach out by phone or text to help/save your quit.

There is absolute gold in these walls, read as much as you can, use the site to take your mind off the suck.

Embrace the suck, think about how shitty it is and you will never want to go back to a day one again.

Proud to quit with you Mark.

Skol- 303
This dude ^^^^ knows what he’s talking about. Post roll. Connect with others. Build a team of quitters.
We are in this, all the way, no gray area. Quit for today.
Lots of amazing people here have helped me save my quit.  I’ll be on your team
PMILS 871
ENJOY YOUR QUIT TODAY!!

Intro

HOF Speech

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 976
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 06:49:45 PM »
Fellow Quitters

I'm on day 3 of my quit and am happy to find this site. I've chewed Copenhagen for 25+ years and was up to a tin a day.
In Minnesota, that's about $60 per week which is absolutely insane. I'm done throwing my health and my money into the wind and am ready to take control of this circular can I now call "the Nic Bitch" (no offense intended).

I have a beautiful wife and 2 wonderful kids that I'd like to stick around for. I'm fully committed to this quit and will look forward to posting in roll call each and every day.

Mark (aka Bags)

Hell yeah, another Minnesota badass, I'm originally from South Dakota so I naturally  became a fan of all Minnesota teams, except the damn Gophers.

This site works if you stick with it.  Wake Up Piss Post Roll, keep your promise and do it again the next day.

Reach out to your fellow quitters and get digits, you never know when you will need to reach out by phone or text to help/save your quit.

There is absolute gold in these walls, read as much as you can, use the site to take your mind off the suck.

Embrace the suck, think about how shitty it is and you will never want to go back to a day one again.

Proud to quit with you Mark.

Skol- 303
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline bags

• Bags
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/29/18
  • Likes Given: 16
Day 3 of my Quit
« on: October 31, 2018, 06:37:57 PM »
Fellow Quitters

Mark (aka Bags)