Author Topic: 240Bravo Intro  (Read 776 times)

Offline 240Bravo

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 240Bravo Intro
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 12:19:00 AM »
At the end of day 15 here. IÂ’m just winding down studying at my desk and I realized this is the first time Since high school IÂ’ve been reviewing material for a test without a dip. ItÂ’s awesome!

While eating dinner tonight all of the sudden my thoat started to feel wierd. By the end of the night it feels like a standard sore throat. I donÂ’t feel sick, and we did have a big dust storm today, so IÂ’m thinking itÂ’s either airborne pollution or just a standard quitting symptom.

IÂ’ve read that itÂ’s not uncommon but can anyone tell me how long it lasted and how severe it was?

Offline BBQchips

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Slather on the quit sauce
  • Quit Date: June 28, 2018
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, skiing, hockey, reading, video games
  • Likes Given: 54
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 09:14:00 PM »
Quote from: 240Bravo
Day 9. Im feeling physically strong and mentally strong too. Seems like me emotions leveled out some, and honestly I feel pretty good. Thanks to all the brothers that listened to me vent!

Almost into double digits now, and I know my mouth is healing. I had some spicy food this weekend, and it didn't hurt like it normally would. My gums aren't as fragile, and I am kinda looking forward to my next dentist appointment.
Your fellow Rawstars are with you. Cope is not gonna get me today and you won like the rest of us.

Rescheduled my dentist for next week and like you IÂ’m actually not dreading it for the first time in almost 20 years!

Keep it up Bravo.
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills."

HOF Speech -A lot has happened

Offline 240Bravo

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 09:27:00 AM »
Day 9. Im feeling physically strong and mentally strong too. Seems like me emotions leveled out some, and honestly I feel pretty good. Thanks to all the brothers that listened to me vent!

Almost into double digits now, and I know my mouth is healing. I had some spicy food this weekend, and it didn't hurt like it normally would. My gums aren't as fragile, and I am kinda looking forward to my next dentist appointment.

Offline Capital70

• Quitter
  • ODDAAT And Lovin It!
  • Quit Date: May 27, 2018
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2018, 02:50:00 PM »
Keep crushing it Bravo! You are strengthening my quit! We are in this foxhole together and neither one of us are allowed to fail!
Capital70
Quit Date May 27th, 2018
HOF September 3rd, 2018
Intro/Quit Journey
HOF Speech- I Get To
"The more I sacrifice, the harder it is to surrender"
"F#*k man, just post roll and keep your promise" -batdad
Quitters I've Met- 69Franx, Wiesman71, McDave, Jeidi1991
Bad asses quit....everyone else stays addicted

Offline Croakenhagen

• Quit Pro
  • Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?
  • Quit Date: 8-16-2020
  • Likes Given: 867
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2018, 10:18:00 PM »
You're doing great! I'm trying to keep busy too. This is my first weekend without Cope LC. Try some Smokey Mountain or Hooch to get over the physical addiction.
Humbled.

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2558
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2018, 08:11:00 PM »
Day 6

Just kinda rambling I suppose. First weekend without nicotine. Difficult not impossible. I am trying hard to stay busy, and keep my mind occupied to make things easier. I guess I dipped a lot when I was bored too. Now I dont know what to do in the down time.

Working hard to stay positive. Not sure its working but i will keep trying to improve my attitude!
You are doing great, 240, just keep it up day by day. All of this is natural - we all went through the same funks. Just be patient with your progress - be patient with yourself. Your body has a lot of repairing to do - but it will! This just gets better and better.

Proud to be quit with you today.
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline 240Bravo

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 12:31:00 PM »
Day 6

Just kinda rambling I suppose. First weekend without nicotine. Difficult not impossible. I am trying hard to stay busy, and keep my mind occupied to make things easier. I guess I dipped a lot when I was bored too. Now I dont know what to do in the down time.

Working hard to stay positive. Not sure its working but i will keep trying to improve my attitude!

Offline 240Bravo

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 04:46:00 PM »
Day 4 and Physically I am doing well. I feel decent, and honestly haven't been craving chew at all really. I have been using Jake's Mint Chew and its pretty awesome. It takes care of the oral fixation, and honestly I don't really realize its not dip despite it clearly not being dip.

The Struggle for me continues to be how much the process is messing with my mind and emotions. I go from being fine, to borderline tears every half hour or so. Capital70 made a great point that its my learning to deal with life without nicotine. I have been dipping since I was 14 so I dont really know how to handle pretty much anything without nicotine.

I have also been trying as hard as I can to stay busy. It seems an idle mind is truly my worst enemy.

Enough venting though. If anyone wants digits, shoot me a PM. Especially my fellow Rawktobers.

Dig The Fuck In. No Falter.

Offline Dejvis

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-07-24
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 03:56:00 AM »
Quote from: Candoit
Quote from: quitNWinay
Thanks all for the support. Im still amazed at how total strangers all rally and support each other like this.

I got some digits and talked to some folks. It really helped. I also had a lunch with my dad and he helped clear up some of the struggles in life. I guess i survived one more day, and I cant wait to step up and crush tomorrow too.

On my ride home today, the biggest decision I will have to make is whether I lift, run, or hit the driving range tonight.

Thanks for the support guys. It means a lot to me.
Hey Bravo! With you mate... We have made this decision at around the same time and we will head to HOF together. Stay strong and stay quit. Let's fuck the nic bitch every day. I quit with you again today!
Keep building this foundation! You are kicking ass
Be strong today, mates. We quit together and we go together to HOF soon.

ODAAT.
Put one brick every day and you will build a wall.
A strong mind is the key to successful life.

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 11:02:00 PM »
Quote from: quitNWinay
Thanks all for the support. Im still amazed at how total strangers all rally and support each other like this.

I got some digits and talked to some folks. It really helped. I also had a lunch with my dad and he helped clear up some of the struggles in life. I guess i survived one more day, and I cant wait to step up and crush tomorrow too.

On my ride home today, the biggest decision I will have to make is whether I lift, run, or hit the driving range tonight.

Hey Bravo! With you mate... We have made this decision at around the same time and we will head to HOF together. Stay strong and stay quit. Let's fuck the nic bitch every day. I quit with you again today!
Keep building this foundation! You are kicking ass
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline quitNWinay

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/18/2018, and every fuckin day ever since!
  • Likes Given: 498
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 10:43:00 PM »

I am a caver...

Can't quit quitting!

Proud member of October 2018 Quit Group

Best soothing music when anxiety hits you hard - https://youtu.be/WFrAB5nBbNY

Offline 240Bravo

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 06:40:00 PM »

Offline Rooter

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-06-04
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 01:10:00 PM »
Thanks Dejvis! I have read a ton of HOF speaches and have been following your intro/quit thread as well.

I dont even want nicotine. I am feeling very strong with regard to my quit. Its all the other things that are so hard right now. It almost like the best thing I could do is leave work and go fishing or something. Maybe I will hit the driving range to clear my head.
Hey 7.62... hope the reference hits home. Anyway. The best thing I have found for myself
Is to stay busy with something to include this site and to get active physically active. Those things have helped me the most. As for the life problems, we are all gonna have those problems at some point. ItÂ’s all in finding ways to deal with those problems. Some of the vets here have offered some good suggestions.

Keep up the good work.

Offline 240Bravo

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 09:47:00 AM »
Thanks Dejvis! I have read a ton of HOF speaches and have been following your intro/quit thread as well.

I dont even want nicotine. I am feeling very strong with regard to my quit. Its all the other things that are so hard right now. It almost like the best thing I could do is leave work and go fishing or something. Maybe I will hit the driving range to clear my head.

Offline Dejvis

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-07-24
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 09:44:00 AM »
On 6/24/18, I put the can down. Initially I tried gum NRT, but decided that nicotine was the monster on my back, and I was gonna whoop him.

I have a few reasons for quitting, I hated the raw mouth, the dentist was on my ass, and I knew i needed to stop. I was spending $8-10 a day, and roughly $3600 a year on chew. Thats substantial money IMO.

I was tired of being a slave to the can, and hiding it from my parents when I went to visit.

I am on day 3 and I feel alright. Day 1 was tough, but I made it through. I don't necessarily feel the need for it anymore. I have been using jake's mint chew and I like it a lot.

Today has been a rough day though. I feel like the withdrawals are making me an emotional little bitch. Relationship problems are weighing heavily on me. Normally i consider myself a tough dude and wouldn't even give these issues the time of day, but for some reason it feels like im on the verge of crying. Not just that but work, and living situations are also up in the air right now. I have no clue what to do, or how to even make it through the day honestly.

I read a post on here that basically said life is a bitch and dont use the problems of everyday life as an excuse to cave. I thought that was sound, but man the stress of life is sure weighing heavy on me today. I posted roll, and will not use nicotine. I dont even think it would make things better.

Anyways, thanks for listening, and sorry yo vent.
Hey my october mate. Stay strong, for few first days we have to close eyes and just keep our promise every day. I believe it will be better, I ready all HOF speeches, I recommend it to you, its a great motivation !

I stay quit with you today and every other day, because our group will be strong.

BTW: I tried to quit hundred times, only this place and promises to people who also struggle make me feel again that its possible.
Put one brick every day and you will build a wall.
A strong mind is the key to successful life.