Author Topic: Could use a pep talk....  (Read 12370 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1904
Re: Could use a pep talk....
« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2021, 07:50:15 PM »
@robbie     Is slowly killing yourself really that much fun? Take back control of your life. You are letting a dead plant in a can kick your ass.

:deadhorse:
Jan19

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2021, 06:36:37 PM »
Quitting may be the hardest thing you'll do.  There's no way around it.  The truth is that you can do it if you commit.  Just commit to one day.  Wake up, piss and post.  Then don't chew.  Suffer through the shit.  It will get microscopically better each day.  Reach out to your brothers.  Let me know if you want to exchange digits. I'm 46 days in and it still sucks, but no way in fucking hell I'm going to let my team down.  I'm also not going to throw away 46 days.  I'm banking and being grateful for each day quit.  I've stopped 100 times but never quit.  After 38 years of dipping, this is the only way I'm going to quit for good.  I hope this site stays alive forever.  Reach out if you need support.  Wolfe68

I just saw that you're a re-tread.  That sucks ass but if you follow through on what the vets have said and commit, then good.  If not, piss off.

Hey Wolfe, you might be a newbie here, but you look like a winner from your attitude.  This is very doable.... I chewed like a machine for about 25 years, if I can do it, anyone can.  Good replies on Robbie's thread.... if you need anything let me know.  I love quitting with winners.

worktowin 2,991

Offline Wolfe68

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Outdoors, Cycling, Running, Guns, Family
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2021, 04:42:54 PM »
Quitting may be the hardest thing you'll do.  There's no way around it.  The truth is that you can do it if you commit.  Just commit to one day.  Wake up, piss and post.  Then don't chew.  Suffer through the shit.  It will get microscopically better each day.  Reach out to your brothers.  Let me know if you want to exchange digits. I'm 46 days in and it still sucks, but no way in fucking hell I'm going to let my team down.  I'm also not going to throw away 46 days.  I'm banking and being grateful for each day quit.  I've stopped 100 times but never quit.  After 38 years of dipping, this is the only way I'm going to quit for good.  I hope this site stays alive forever.  Reach out if you need support.  Wolfe68

I just saw that you're a re-tread.  That sucks ass but if you follow through on what the vets have said and commit, then good.  If not, piss off.

Offline Wolfe68

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Outdoors, Cycling, Running, Guns, Family
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2021, 04:41:26 PM »

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • April Thunderbirds 2021
  • Likes Given: 257
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2021, 11:20:40 PM »
Hi brothers. I would like to request re entry and approval to join the current quit group.  My 2nd cave was quite some time ago.  I am ready to post day 1 tomorrow.  Can someone reply and fill me in on what requirements I need to fulfill, what group to join, this site has changed quite a bit since I was last here.  I think may 2011 and August 2016 were my two previous quit brothers.  Thank you

Robbie

Are you really ready to quit or is this one of those times where you'll reach the HOF, cave and then come back with your tail between your legs???
Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2021, 07:46:08 PM »
For sure want this in your intro... dunno Robbie, I want you to succeed but this sure doesn’t feel very passionate?  I hope I’m wrong: 

Robbie day 2 Nic Free.  Caved after 1040 days with May 2013. Caved after 200 days w August 2017. I let my quit brothers down and the Nic bitch win 2 times

I was Wrong and selfish to give in to the Nic bitch

I did not utilize my support network and allowed myself to be in a situation that I lost

I will use my quit network.  I am quitting because I want to quit not for anyone else.  I want the quit more then I want Nicotine
Meh...next.
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2021, 06:37:22 PM »
For sure want this in your intro... dunno Robbie, I want you to succeed but this sure doesn’t feel very passionate?  I hope I’m wrong: 

Robbie day 2 Nic Free.  Caved after 1040 days with May 2013. Caved after 200 days w August 2017. I let my quit brothers down and the Nic bitch win 2 times

I was Wrong and selfish to give in to the Nic bitch

I did not utilize my support network and allowed myself to be in a situation that I lost

I will use my quit network.  I am quitting because I want to quit not for anyone else.  I want the quit more then I want Nicotine

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2021, 07:48:07 AM »
Hi brothers. I would like to request re entry and approval to join the current quit group.  My 2nd cave was quite some time ago.  I am ready to post day 1 tomorrow.  Can someone reply and fill me in on what requirements I need to fulfill, what group to join, this site has changed quite a bit since I was last here.  I think may 2011 and August 2016 were my two previous quit brothers.  Thank you

Robbie
what makes you think your “ready” ? Just the weather ? You posted on your cave that you didn’t quit yourself, who did you quit for? Hope you got your shit together this time, and finally get it through your damn skull your way does not work and never has! Welcome back for your 3rd base hittin. Your in JUNE 21 which seems to be a big retread group . You need to answers the 3 questions and send them to your 2011 ,2016, and now new June 21 group. Get to splainin -get to quittin - better see your ass on roll today. 1)what happened? 2) why did it happen 3) what are you going to do different this time

May 2013 was one of your groups Robbie.

I know because I’m in April 2013 and spent a ton of time with you. Answer the questions. Post in all 3 groups daily. Dig deep on the answers bro.

I’ll hit 3k days shortly. You could be too. Dig deep.

August 17 was your other.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2021, 07:19:49 AM »

Robbie
what makes you think your “ready” ? Just the weather ? You posted on your cave that you didn’t quit yourself, who did you quit for? Hope you got your shit together this time, and finally get it through your damn skull your way does not work and never has! Welcome back for your 3rd base hittin. Your in JUNE 21 which seems to be a big retread group . You need to answers the 3 questions and send them to your 2011 ,2016, and now new June 21 group. Get to splainin -get to quittin - better see your ass on roll today. 1)what happened? 2) why did it happen 3) what are you going to do different this time

May 2013 was one of your groups Robbie.

I know because I’m in April 2013 and spent a ton of time with you. Answer the questions. Post in all 3 groups daily. Dig deep on the answers bro.

I’ll hit 3k days shortly. You could be too. Dig deep.

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2021, 07:07:14 AM »

Robbie
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 07:11:37 AM by nick-Otine Free »
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline robbie

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2021, 09:53:03 PM »

Robbie

Offline JMckay

• I quit cause i can
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 14 april 2017
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2017, 11:17:00 PM »
I don't know what to say about this. To stop for that long and start crazy. I know even at 240 days the nic bitch still calls to me. But I quit for me not my wife not my kids not my dog not the bad ass quitters on this site. My wife, kids, and this site helps me stay quit but I'm doing it for me cause if things get hard and they always will I need save my quit cause I'm the only one that has that power.

Offline GrizzlySlave

• Unga Bunga
  • Quitter
  • Ursa nicotinus
  • Quit Date: 07-22-2017
  • Interests: Beekeeping, marine aquariums, landscape gardening, stream fishing, mushroom hunting and cultivation, backpacking, painting, log homes
  • Likes Given: 62
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2017, 10:33:00 PM »
Poof

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2017, 09:58:00 PM »
Robbie posted this cave admission a couple of nights ago to August 2017:

August brothers --I let the NIC Bitch win, thank you all for your support the past 200 days. I need to clear my head and work on some things...

Airborne told me a long time ago, I need to quit for myself. Very true - I did not make the changes needed for a successful quit. I did not reach out to any of my quit brothers for support, even though I have numerous phone numbers and text daily with a few of you. Like Gregor always told me, I need to want the quit more than the dip. Stay strong, Stay quit August is one bad ass quit group. I will be back when I am able to keep my promise and not waste your fucking time.

Be well and keep on keepin on

Robbie

Offline ReWire

• Master of Quit
  • Redeemed
  • Likes Given: 176
« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2017, 09:52:00 PM »
merged intros
Old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new