Author Topic: Could use a pep talk....  (Read 12395 times)

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Could use a pep talk....
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2017, 12:08:00 PM »
You can always come back here Robbie. The requirements are just 1) possible tongue-lashing from those of us who didn't cave, and 2) answer the three questions about what happened, why it happened, and most importantly - WHAT is your plan to avoid it happening again (ie, what will you do differently next time that same situation happens).

PS - The nic bitch had a deep hold on ALL of us, not just you. I dipped for almost 30 years, starting at age 15. Your quit isn't harder than anybody else's, thats just another lie she's telling you. Yes quitting is hard, but its very much doable. Thousands of us do it everyday.

If you're gonna quit, then lets do it. Commit to it, every single day for that day.
---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
41st floor: 3/28/2024

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2017, 09:30:00 PM »
You've been around long enough to know...

One intro per individual.

Go with your original, warts and all, so that your previous stoppage and failure is a motivation all its own.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2017, 08:08:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Big
Quote from: robbie
Last time I logged in was December 18th 2015 caved after 1040 days...

Logged in tonight and read comments by guys I went through 1k+ days with made me cry. I feel horrible how I let may 2013 down and everyone else who spent the time to help me.

My now 5yr old son asked me to quit tomorrow. The fucking nic bitch has a deep hold on me... Not sure if I will be allowed back either. Fucking fog is going to be thick...

Robbie
Anything I can do to help, I'll be a PM away
You were a loyal poster and brother. I remember the day you caved like it was yesterday. I'm not going to say that I understand, because there is no excuse for caving, but brother I could read the pain in your words that day. I'm glad you've got a smart kid. You owe him, and yourself, this quit. You've got my number. Text me.

Welcome back brother. One day at a time....
You can always come back, but be ready to bare your soul and answer hard questions. The formula is easy, especially after 1000 days, what the fuck happened?
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2017, 06:46:00 AM »
Quote from: Big

Logged in tonight and read comments by guys I went through 1k+ days with made me cry. I feel horrible how I let may 2013 down and everyone else who spent the time to help me.

My now 5yr old son asked me to quit tomorrow. The fucking nic bitch has a deep hold on me... Not sure if I will be allowed back either. Fucking fog is going to be thick...

Robbie
You were a loyal poster and brother. I remember the day you caved like it was yesterday. I'm not going to say that I understand, because there is no excuse for caving, but brother I could read the pain in your words that day. I'm glad you've got a smart kid. You owe him, and yourself, this quit. You've got my number. Text me.

Welcome back brother. One day at a time....

Offline Big Red 77

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2017, 12:52:00 AM »

Robbie

Offline robbie

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2017, 10:50:00 PM »

Robbie

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2015, 08:54:00 PM »
Quote from: Dipbegone
I wish i knew how to tag a thread for quick reference. This is one to look at when you think the bitch is whipped. 1040. WHAT THE FUCK. That is so far down the line, only a bullshit excuse fits. Guess what, look back at my posts...I'm going through a serious rough patch with my wife that may very well end in divorce soon. Yet, I came on here, vented, and was hammered with support. THATS THE KTC way, thus i could post 75 days today. Not this doucher.
I think all browsers have a way to "add to Favorites" - probably on the toolbar. I bookmark A LOT of stuff here. B)B

Offline dipbegone

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Turf, Baseball Coach, all things with the kids, time on the boat wetting a line
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2015, 08:26:00 PM »
I wish i knew how to tag a thread for quick reference. This is one to look at when you think the bitch is whipped. 1040. WHAT THE FUCK. That is so far down the line, only a bullshit excuse fits. Guess what, look back at my posts...I'm going through a serious rough patch with my wife that may very well end in divorce soon. Yet, I came on here, vented, and was hammered with support. THATS THE KTC way, thus i could post 75 days today. Not this doucher.

Offline AvianO

• Quitter
  • Ride on and Quit on
  • Quit Date: 22 NOV 2015
  • Interests: Bowling, Golf and QUITTING!!!!!
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2015, 08:59:00 AM »
HOLY SHIT.
I am not the most active poster on this site but I do take the support seriously.
Every day I try to read another success story in the introductions.
What happens today I read for 45 minutes only to find this at the end.
A 1040 day CAVE of all things.
What the fuck dude grow a pair.
QUIT ON!!!!!!!!!

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2015, 02:15:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: AppleJack
Hey guys robbie here for one last Feel Good Friday with the May2013 class

I am proud as hell to quit with everyone of you. You all helped me through some really tough days. The early fog, the attempts time after time for the nic bitch to creep back in. I overcame triggers and stayed strong with all of your help. Unfortunately I will not make it past day 1040 (no comma anymore), I write this to you with Skoal straight in my lip. My wife surprised me with a special lunch today by leaving me and not letting me see my 3 year old son and my old dog that only has a short time left. I no longer want to stay strong and stay quit. I am sorry for letting all my May bothers down.

Peace and strength to you all, you will always be in my thoughts.

Keep on Keepin on, on a not so feel good friday

robbie signing off on day 1040 :(
This is what weakness looks like.

Pathetic.

Don't be this fool.
That Skoal make your wife come back, buy your dog more time, or change the shit storm that just fell on you in any way? Was it the cure all you thought it would be?

Don't thank us and then spit in our face by giving up with a lip full of shit.

You didn't learn a god damn thing here and everyone's efforts (including mine) were completely wasted on you.
I have a 10th of the quit going that robbie had and yes that was a long list of problems hitting all at once - it sounds awful and it is sad that anyone would have to go through shit like that. Adding the cave to that list doesn't make any sense to me at all. What on earth does nicotine do to help with any of those problems? :blink:

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2015, 12:26:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack

I am proud as hell to quit with everyone of you. You all helped me through some really tough days. The early fog, the attempts time after time for the nic bitch to creep back in. I overcame triggers and stayed strong with all of your help. Unfortunately I will not make it past day 1040 (no comma anymore), I write this to you with Skoal straight in my lip. My wife surprised me with a special lunch today by leaving me and not letting me see my 3 year old son and my old dog that only has a short time left. I no longer want to stay strong and stay quit. I am sorry for letting all my May bothers down.

Pathetic.

Don't be this fool.
That Skoal make your wife come back, buy your dog more time, or change the shit storm that just fell on you in any way? Was it the cure all you thought it would be?

Don't thank us and then spit in our face by giving up with a lip full of shit.

You didn't learn a god damn thing here and everyone's efforts (including mine) were completely wasted on you.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2015, 09:39:00 PM »

Pathetic.

Don't be this fool.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2015, 04:38:00 AM »
GREAT INTRO!

Congratulations on 1,000 days today. Enjoy typing that , every day sir - you've earned it!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »
Congrats on 1 year bro!!!! Where the hell you been? I went back and read your intro.

MAN, WAS I A FUCKING LUNATIC. Sorry I fucked up your intro with such filth.

Glad you proved me wrong though, I thought you were toast a few times.

Way to MAN THE FUCK UP. One year is HUGE!!!!

http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/s http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/s http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/s cowboy cowboy 'worship' 'worship' 'Cheers' 'Cheers' 'wave' 'wave' 'wave' 'wave' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'dance' 'dance' 'dance' 'dance' 'party2' 'party2' 'party2' 'party2' 'party2' 'party2' 'party2' 'chew2' 'chew2' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap'
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2013, 12:12:00 PM »
You are a Bad Ass Quitter Robbie and an Awesome friend to boot....

Proud as hell to be quit with you again today....

Wise Man Once Said Keep on Keeping On!!!!!!
"You never have to remember what you said, if you always tell the truth"

"Post roll everyday and your chances of staying quit goes up 100%" --mememe