Author Topic: Could use a pep talk....  (Read 10962 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Could use a pep talk....
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »
Quote from: robbie
A few months back I posted about going out with friends who chewed and hiding the fact that I quit because I felt ashamed and deep inside I thought I would have a chew again some day with them. Tonight same situation--however my good friend who still chews asked me if I quit. I opened up and told him about KTC and my entire quit experience, I could not stop talking about it I was actually proud to tell him my quit story and let him know what was out there for him if he was interested in quitting. Wow have things changed--I am stronger then ever in my quit. Thanks again for all the support KTC brothers

robbie day 130--keepin on keepin on 1 day at a time
Oh yeah, you no longer remind me of a piece of wet spaghetti. Man what an asshole I was to you. Sorry about that bro. Way to make me eat crow. I like the taste of it.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2013, 11:34:00 AM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: Eric71
Quote from: Diesel2112
A few months back I posted about going out with friends who chewed and hiding the fact that I quit because I felt ashamed and deep inside I thought I would have a chew again some day with them.  Tonight same situation--however my good friend who still chews asked me if I quit.  I opened up and told him about KTC and my entire quit experience, I could not stop talking about it I was actually proud to tell him my quit story and let him know what was out there for him if he was interested in quitting.  Wow have things changed--I am stronger then ever in my quit.  Thanks again for all the support KTC brothers

:wood
To get to this from the tag line of your thread.... most fucking impressive! Well done sir! You should be proud of your quit! You should shout it from the tops of mountains! You should tell anyone willing to listen! It (our quits) is a testament to the human resolve; what someone can do if they actively pursue it! Proud of you as well!
Good shit Robbie, I had a similar thing happen last night. Had a few beers with some buddys last night that I havent seen a while, both smokers. After about 1/2 pack smokes each they noticed that I wasnt dipping. They finally asked what was up and told them about my last 172 days. They were both blown away and curious about how they might do the same thing. I saw a huge ray of hope in their eyes. One guy in particular. I texted him KTC and WTP address this morning.

It is great to be quit.
It's really nice to have the ammunition that I have been given from this sight. I like seeing individuals eyes when I tell them they have an addiction, not a habit. It's like a big light bulb goes off. Everything someone can say i usually have the answer they don't want to hear, but need to hear. Sometimes people are receptive and sometimes not. I've already helped a couple and couple not so much. Sometimes it's planting seeds gentlemen.

One of the most important things we can do to help others,,, is not cave or ever give in to the poison ever again. That's a reason that I hate caving so much. Me caving or giving in would certainly affect many others. That's what everyone here must get and understand. To make a difference you have to succeed first. Us failing not only affects us, but others as well. Glad to be quit with each and everyone of yall. Keep on keepen on.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2013, 10:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Eric71
A few months back I posted about going out with friends who chewed and hiding the fact that I quit because I felt ashamed and deep inside I thought I would have a chew again some day with them.  Tonight same situation--however my good friend who still chews asked me if I quit.  I opened up and told him about KTC and my entire quit experience, I could not stop talking about it I was actually proud to tell him my quit story and let him know what was out there for him if he was interested in quitting.  Wow have things changed--I am stronger then ever in my quit.  Thanks again for all the support KTC brothers

To get to this from the tag line of your thread.... most fucking impressive! Well done sir! You should be proud of your quit! You should shout it from the tops of mountains! You should tell anyone willing to listen! It (our quits) is a testament to the human resolve; what someone can do if they actively pursue it! Proud of you as well!
Good shit Robbie, I had a similar thing happen last night. Had a few beers with some buddys last night that I havent seen a while, both smokers. After about 1/2 pack smokes each they noticed that I wasnt dipping. They finally asked what was up and told them about my last 172 days. They were both blown away and curious about how they might do the same thing. I saw a huge ray of hope in their eyes. One guy in particular. I texted him KTC and WTP address this morning.

It is great to be quit.

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2013, 10:19:00 AM »

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
A few months back I posted about going out with friends who chewed and hiding the fact that I quit because I felt ashamed and deep inside I thought I would have a chew again some day with them. Tonight same situation--however my good friend who still chews asked me if I quit. I opened up and told him about KTC and my entire quit experience, I could not stop talking about it I was actually proud to tell him my quit story and let him know what was out there for him if he was interested in quitting. Wow have things changed--I am stronger then ever in my quit. Thanks again for all the support KTC brothers

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline dipweasel

• Quitter
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2013, 09:55:00 AM »
Quote from: Scowick65
This is not exactly a response to your specific situation but I thought it worth sharing. Take what you need......

Diffusing the Nic BitchÂ’s narrative

You will likely hear whispers from the Nic Bitch. The Nic Bitch is ONLY effective if you do not understand HER. Knowledge crushes HER.

Realize the whispers in your head are not “you”. It is your addiction speaking - the nic bitch. She will disguise herself as “you” because she understands “you” are the decision maker, not her. The only way she gets her hit of nicotine is if she can convince “you”, it is a great idea to plan, obtain, and ingest nicotine. She has no choices available to her.

ONLY YOU HAVE THE POWER OF CHOICE.

The nic bitch must fool you to get nicotine. Therefore, she is cunning. Her whispers will sound like “you”. She will create the illusion that it is your voice speaking. She will exploit. She knows your weaknesses. So, think about your weaknesses and recognize them. She knows if you like to celebrate with nic, drink with nic, drive, mow, relieve stress…whatever. In summary, she is an addiction cloaked as a person.

Next time she whispers, you will understand it is the nic bitch and not you that came up with whatever hair-brained scheme that just floated through your mind. Some stupid internal conversation. Talk back to her and diffuse her narrative. “Yea, bitch, I just heard you. I know it is you and not me that wants nicotine today. I made a promise not to use nicotine today, so fuck you.” Then punch her in the face. [/QUOTE]
That's some words of wisdom shit right there! Sporting some quit wood now!

Offline omahaflyer

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3 Jan 2013
  • Interests: fish golf baseball
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »

Good for you. Stand up and be proud of your accomplishment. Your journey was (is) difficult and was (is) a personal struggle ( like all of us). Hats off to you.
Memorial Stadium

Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nation's Wars."
Southwest: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."
Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."
Northeast: "Their Lives they held their country's trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes."

Offline robbie

• Quitter
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2013, 02:09:00 AM »

Offline Hambone007

• Quitter
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »
I feel ya Robbie , it's only my 9th day but I went to the dollar general store last Thursday to buy some bleach. When I got to the counter to pay I saw all the tins lined up ready to be bought, used and ending up under some poor schmuck passenger seat empty for two months until spotted and and picked up and shook thinking there might be a dip in the can! I don't even want to hold a tin! I will quit with you!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2013, 03:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Grizzly25
Quote from: Evil_Won
Yesterday was the first day I held a real tin in my hands since my quit.  I was playing softball so there is a lot of temptations and triggers.  I saw the guy next to me put a big dip in so I asked him to throw me his tin.  It was Husky Wintergreen, (I chewed Skoal Straight) I packed it, opened it and took a long smell real close to my nose.  Closed it again, packed it a few times  opened and smelled again and then threw it back to him.  And honestly it was not that hard to pass on--the nic bitch was trying to tell me to have one it would be ok, but I stayed strong, stayed quit.  I wanted to face the shit head on right in my face and win.  And that is just what I did

Thanks to all the quit brothers that have helped me get to this point--never would have thought I could have done that.  That train should be at my house Wednesday

Keep on Keeping on

-robbie day 97
You, my friend, were bumping uglies with The Bitch. Shhe looked good and said feel the tin. She said pack it and smell it. You listened to her sweet, sweet sounds, yet your quit remained strong. She got pissed; she said pack it again and take a bigger smell. You did but your quit stood stong again.

My advice. Don't let her fool you into touching a tin, much less packing it. And for fucks sake don't open and smell it intentionally. You are playing with fire. This +1 shit is hard enough. No need to make it harder.
Why even give the whore the time of day? Some dick flap was packing a lip full on the golf course this weekend. He knew I quit but was like, "you want some?" With a big smile on his face.

I simply said "dude, get that nasty shit out of here".

I'm not gonna bust your balls for packing and smellimg the shit, but it does seem like a bit of a dance with the devil.

Hopefully you got it out of your system and won't put your face in the whores muff anymore. God fordbid next time you take a lick.
I agree not the smartest decision I have made just needed to know I could face the shit not just avoid it. I won't be letting her that close again.

Thanks for the feedback
That bitch will constsantly be pulling at you .... dont tempt yourself, tell her to FUCK OFF and keep your resolve reaching the HOF is great but it is A step ......
This is not exactly a response to your specific situation but I thought it worth sharing. Take what you need......

Diffusing the Nic BitchÂ’s narrative

You will likely hear whispers from the Nic Bitch. The Nic Bitch is ONLY effective if you do not understand HER. Knowledge crushes HER.

Realize the whispers in your head are not “you”. It is your addiction speaking - the nic bitch. She will disguise herself as “you” because she understands “you” are the decision maker, not her. The only way she gets her hit of nicotine is if she can convince “you”, it is a great idea to plan, obtain, and ingest nicotine. She has no choices available to her.

ONLY YOU HAVE THE POWER OF CHOICE.

The nic bitch must fool you to get nicotine. Therefore, she is cunning. Her whispers will sound like “you”. She will create the illusion that it is your voice speaking. She will exploit. She knows your weaknesses. So, think about your weaknesses and recognize them. She knows if you like to celebrate with nic, drink with nic, drive, mow, relieve stress…whatever. In summary, she is an addiction cloaked as a person.

Next time she whispers, you will understand it is the nic bitch and not you that came up with whatever hair-brained scheme that just floated through your mind. Some stupid internal conversation. Talk back to her and diffuse her narrative. “Yea, bitch, I just heard you. I know it is you and not me that wants nicotine today. I made a promise not to use nicotine today, so fuck you.” Then punch her in the face.

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
Yesterday was the first day I held a real tin in my hands since my quit.  I was playing softball so there is a lot of temptations and triggers.  I saw the guy next to me put a big dip in so I asked him to throw me his tin.  It was Husky Wintergreen, (I chewed Skoal Straight) I packed it, opened it and took a long smell real close to my nose.  Closed it again, packed it a few times  opened and smelled again and then threw it back to him.  And honestly it was not that hard to pass on--the nic bitch was trying to tell me to have one it would be ok, but I stayed strong, stayed quit.  I wanted to face the shit head on right in my face and win.  And that is just what I did

Thanks to all the quit brothers that have helped me get to this point--never would have thought I could have done that.  That train should be at my house Wednesday

Keep on Keeping on

-robbie day 97
You, my friend, were bumping uglies with The Bitch. Shhe looked good and said feel the tin. She said pack it and smell it. You listened to her sweet, sweet sounds, yet your quit remained strong. She got pissed; she said pack it again and take a bigger smell. You did but your quit stood stong again.

My advice. Don't let her fool you into touching a tin, much less packing it. And for fucks sake don't open and smell it intentionally. You are playing with fire. This +1 shit is hard enough. No need to make it harder.
Why even give the whore the time of day? Some dick flap was packing a lip full on the golf course this weekend. He knew I quit but was like, "you want some?" With a big smile on his face.

I'm not gonna bust your balls for packing and smellimg the shit, but it does seem like a bit of a dance with the devil.

Hopefully you got it out of your system and won't put your face in the whores muff anymore. God fordbid next time you take a lick.
I agree not the smartest decision I have made just needed to know I could face the shit not just avoid it. I won't be letting her that close again.

Thanks for the feedback
That bitch will constsantly be pulling at you .... dont tempt yourself, tell her to FUCK OFF and keep your resolve reaching the HOF is great but it is A step ......
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2013, 07:47:00 AM »
Couple more days hof bro,,, proud of you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline robbie

• Quitter
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2013, 07:28:00 AM »

Keep on Keeping on

-robbie day 97

Thanks for the feedback

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2013, 01:17:00 AM »

Keep on Keeping on

-robbie day 97

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2013, 01:01:00 AM »
Yesterday was the first day I held a real tin in my hands since my quit. I was playing softball so there is a lot of temptations and triggers. I saw the guy next to me put a big dip in so I asked him to throw me his tin. It was Husky Wintergreen, (I chewed Skoal Straight) I packed it, opened it and took a long smell real close to my nose. Closed it again, packed it a few times opened and smelled again and then threw it back to him. And honestly it was not that hard to pass on--the nic bitch was trying to tell me to have one it would be ok, but I stayed strong, stayed quit. I wanted to face the shit head on right in my face and win. And that is just what I did

Thanks to all the quit brothers that have helped me get to this point--never would have thought I could have done that. That train should be at my house Wednesday

Keep on Keeping on

-robbie day 97

"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."