Author Topic: Could use a pep talk....  (Read 12748 times)

Offline robbie

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Could use a pep talk....
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2013, 10:52:00 PM »
My cravings have been tough as shit yesterday and today WTF! Using Smokey Mountain fake stuff to help but the bitch has been coming at me hard this weekend. Guess that's just my life right now

If anyone is up pulling an all nighter write me some feel good shit to take my mind of the bitch

robbie day 54

Offline Scottm1682

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gardening, Gaming - Ps3 and Xbox, work work work. Like big trucks and old cars. Camping-hiking- backpacking.
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »
You guys are awesome. Just the support that everyone gives here is awesome.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2013, 05:34:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: robbie
Thanks for the support. Day 40 today. Just made it back from trip to New York with hella triggers.  Could not sleep at all but stayed clean. Thanks KTC brothers. Especially bad ass brother Srans thanks for the call and posting for me via text.  QLF may '13
I got your back. Day 40!!!!!! Be proud, what a milestone. When We started this thing who would have ever thought. I still have people doubting me. Thats ok, though, I didn't do it for them. I did if for me just as you did,, for you!
hey Robbie, keep doing it, doing it, doing it one day at a time. one minute at a time as long as you're not putting that poison in your mouth. You got this, day 40 is huge Sir! It does get much better and life becomes much more beautiful and fulfilling. You're on your way, one day at a time and your daze will stack up so fast your head will spin with oxygen. Great job Rob!!!! 'bang head'
Way to back him up Srans!!! You're a true brother.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2013, 01:44:00 PM »
Thanks for the support. Day 40 today. Just made it back from trip to New York with hella triggers. Could not sleep at all but stayed clean. Thanks KTC brothers. Especially bad ass brother Srans thanks for the call and posting for me via text. QLF may '13
I got your back. Day 40!!!!!! Be proud, what a milestone. When We started this thing who would have ever thought. I still have people doubting me. Thats ok, though, I didn't do it for them. I did if for me just as you did,, for you!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline robbie

• Quitter
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »
Thanks for the support. Day 40 today. Just made it back from trip to New York with hella triggers. Could not sleep at all but stayed clean. Thanks KTC brothers. Especially bad ass brother Srans thanks for the call and posting for me via text. QLF may '13

Offline bleeckerdogs

• Quitter
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2013, 10:28:00 AM »
Last night was the first time I was around someone who dipped since my quit.  Buddy of mine who I actually gave his first chew probably 10 or 15 years ago.  He had a big dip in the whole night.  I am ashamed i did not want to tell him i quit WTF?  In the back of my mind i thought ill have a dip with him again someday just like old times.  Tough night I avoided the topic did not talk to him about dip at all.  Did not feel strong enough to fight off the bitch if I got too close.  So on one hand I'm clean day 27 is done.  Other hand my guy is still chewing from my influence.  I need the strength to fight off the bitch and tell my friend proudly I am quit.  Any vets or anyone have any similar stories?
I can relate. Its tough. You did right to stay away if that's what you felt most comfortable with .

Early on you have to be selfish with your quit. Whatever it takes to keep da shit, out your lip. If it means staying clear of your buddy one night. So be it.

Eventually though you wiill have to tell him. If he's any kind of friend at all, he will understand.

Also, you need to change your line of thinking. Dont be "ashamed" you quit. Fucking shout it from the roof tops. It takes a man to quit and a Pussy to remain a slave to the can. If anything you should be ashamed you fell victim to that shit. I knonw I am. I'm sure you and your buddy can still have good time minus fucking dip. If not, your friendship was for shit.

I told my buddy who smokes like a chimney. He was extremely supportivem. We used to play video games every night after our kids went to bed as he lived right next door. He would smoke and I would chew. Seemed like some of the best times as we'd play game after game of tekken and talk shit the whole time, and they were, just that nic had 0 to do with it.

Great job on the quit so far!!! Proud to be quit with you!

I can relate to you situation completely, I probably single handedly got 10 of my closest friends into chewing. Most have quit, a few still chew. I have taken the approach of "shouting from the rooftops" and you know what, everyone that still chews understands and deep down all want to quit too. They are true friends becuase I know all would tell me to fuck off if I asked for there tin. If they acted any different then I would have to stay away. Remember you quit for you, if you cave because your affraid of what your buddy will think then fuck him, hes not a real friend. Remember, missery loves company, thats why we all work so hard to stay quit together. If your friend pushed to have you go back to chewing he must be suffering his own missery. Stay true to your quit. I quit with you!

Offline visamoht

• Quit King
  • Interests: My kids<br>Anything basketball<br>Figuring out how to retire early
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2013, 04:39:00 PM »
Day 36 coming to a close. Still thinking about chew all day long the thought of driving to store and getting skoal straight crossed my mind numerous times.  I posted in my group earlier regarding getting annoyed with people easy, like I said I must be a very unpleasant person to be around.  Anyway leaving for New York tomorrow for a few days.  Maybe the change of scenery will do some good and take my mind off skoal. 

Weird my wife had a nic dream about me last night, none for me yet (as far as i know, i never remember my dreams) but she had a very detailed one guess that's good or weird or both

Anyway I am quit and so can you

robbie day 36
Takes a long time to work the bitch out of your system. She will keep whispering at you for a while. Doesn't mean you have to listen to her. When the urge arises, don't fight it, don't give it power, just ride it out and let it pass. It will, if you don't resist it. We are addicts, and our default position for a long time was dip, when times were good or bad, happy or sad, whatever the reason was a reason to dip. Today you know there is no good reason to dip, that dip will kill you, it will isolate you from those you love, and whatever you are going through today you will have to go through again if you start back up. All that logic doesn't amount to shit dealing with the bitch. Just smile to yourself when she starts whispering, give her a good old 'Finger', and carry on with your day. It get's better.
Stay close, stay strong, stay quit!
QD - 02.24.08 / HOF - 06.02.08 / COMMA - 11.19.10
Intro

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2013, 04:11:00 PM »
Quote from: kana
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Day 36 coming to a close. Still thinking about chew all day long the thought of driving to store and getting skoal straight crossed my mind numerous times.  I posted in my group earlier regarding getting annoyed with people easy, like I said I must be a very unpleasant person to be around.  Anyway leaving for New York tomorrow for a few days.  Maybe the change of scenery will do some good and take my mind off skoal. 

Weird my wife had a nic dream about me last night, none for me yet (as far as i know, i never remember my dreams) but she had a very detailed one guess that's good or weird or both

robbie day 36
I know exactly how you feel Robbie. I am on day 79 and I remember feeling the same thing between day 30-40. It is uncanny actually, this post sounds like me writing it. It will get better, just keep doing what you are doing. You are winning man.

As far as driving to the store goes...................screw that man, you have come way to far to go back now. You have broke out of prison and crawled thru shit to your freedom, how could you turn around and freely return to your cell.

It is one thing to have craves and screwed up thoughts, but realize that those are not things you can control. What you can control is your behavior, decisions, and actions.

Keep up the great work.
Just keep plugging along.. The funks will always pass. They pass faster if you exercise a lot. Each time you come out you'll have thicker skin, and get stronger. Failure is NOT an option. I had some MAJOR funks, and I feel so much better. Like Keddy says - It's worth the fight... quit with you
Me and you are right there together bro. I'm day 35 and I'm wondering how long i will think about this stuff three quarters of the day. It seems I'm getting tired of thinking about it. Today i was thinking maybe i shouldn't think about it then. the mind games are kicking my tail. We've come to far rob. Today i stay quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen

robbie day 36
I know exactly how you feel Robbie. I am on day 79 and I remember feeling the same thing between day 30-40. It is uncanny actually, this post sounds like me writing it. It will get better, just keep doing what you are doing. You are winning man.

As far as driving to the store goes...................screw that man, you have come way to far to go back now. You have broke out of prison and crawled thru shit to your freedom, how could you turn around and freely return to your cell.

It is one thing to have craves and screwed up thoughts, but realize that those are not things you can control. What you can control is your behavior, decisions, and actions.

Keep up the great work.
Just keep plugging along.. The funks will always pass. They pass faster if you exercise a lot. Each time you come out you'll have thicker skin, and get stronger. Failure is NOT an option. I had some MAJOR funks, and I feel so much better. Like Keddy says - It's worth the fight... quit with you
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2013, 10:09:00 PM »

robbie day 36

Keep up the great work.

Offline robbie

• Quitter
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2013, 09:56:00 PM »
Day 36 coming to a close. Still thinking about chew all day long the thought of driving to store and getting skoal straight crossed my mind numerous times. I posted in my group earlier regarding getting annoyed with people easy, like I said I must be a very unpleasant person to be around. Anyway leaving for New York tomorrow for a few days. Maybe the change of scenery will do some good and take my mind off skoal.

robbie day 36

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2013, 01:19:00 AM »
Last night was the first time I was around someone who dipped since my quit. Buddy of mine who I actually gave his first chew probably 10 or 15 years ago. He had a big dip in the whole night. I am ashamed i did not want to tell him i quit WTF? In the back of my mind i thought ill have a dip with him again someday just like old times. Tough night I avoided the topic did not talk to him about dip at all. Did not feel strong enough to fight off the bitch if I got too close. So on one hand I'm clean day 27 is done. Other hand my guy is still chewing from my influence. I need the strength to fight off the bitch and tell my friend proudly I am quit. Any vets or anyone have any similar stories?
I can relate. Its tough. You did right to stay away if that's what you felt most comfortable with .

Early on you have to be selfish with your quit. Whatever it takes to keep da shit, out your lip. If it means staying clear of your buddy one night. So be it.

Eventually though you wiill have to tell him. If he's any kind of friend at all, he will understand.

Also, you need to change your line of thinking. Dont be "ashamed" you quit. Fucking shout it from the roof tops. It takes a man to quit and a Pussy to remain a slave to the can. If anything you should be ashamed you fell victim to that shit. I knonw I am. I'm sure you and your buddy can still have good time minus fucking dip. If not, your friendship was for shit.

I told my buddy who smokes like a chimney. He was extremely supportivem. We used to play video games every night after our kids went to bed as he lived right next door. He would smoke and I would chew. Seemed like some of the best times as we'd play game after game of tekken and talk shit the whole time, and they were, just that nic had 0 to do with it.

Great job on the quit so far!!! Proud to be quit with you!
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline robbie

• Quitter
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2013, 11:45:00 PM »
Last night was the first time I was around someone who dipped since my quit. Buddy of mine who I actually gave his first chew probably 10 or 15 years ago. He had a big dip in the whole night. I am ashamed i did not want to tell him i quit WTF? In the back of my mind i thought ill have a dip with him again someday just like old times. Tough night I avoided the topic did not talk to him about dip at all. Did not feel strong enough to fight off the bitch if I got too close. So on one hand I'm clean day 27 is done. Other hand my guy is still chewing from my influence. I need the strength to fight off the bitch and tell my friend proudly I am quit. Any vets or anyone have any similar stories?

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2013, 07:26:00 AM »
Quote from: boelker62
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: GR8WHITEBUFFALO
Just posted day 14.  Made it through the wedding and flight cancelation still in hotel waiting for todays flight home but i am confident i can handle any other obsticals will reach out if needed. 2weeks clean today feels great

Thanks for the support
CHAMP
Great job. Way to make the better choice and protect your quit.
Good Job Robbie!!! Balls to the wall....ONE day at a TIME. It's the way to "be" quit.
Best thing in the world you can do every a.m. for yourself. Bettering yourself and others will benefit from you being a better man!
Post roll...the earlier the better for your quit.
Keep your word.
Wake and REPEAT!

Cheers brother! 'boob'
I've been reading up on you, Robbie. I tossed $80 worth of nic gum and $500 worth of Cuban cigars. Best decision of my life. It was fucking liberating. Really great to see you've kept your word through the wedding.

Feels great, being a man of honor for the first time in a long time, doesn't it?

Nice work.
Great victories one day at a time the K.T.C. way!

Stay strong focused  quit the nic bitch whispers when you least expect it!

Quit on quiter!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Boelker62

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 8/27/12
  • Interests: CrossFit. Period. Started July 2013, now coaching as of May 2015. Love every fucking minute of it.Running, trail running specifically.World-class craft beers every once in a while.Spending time with my beautiful wife, Erin, and my wonderful Pit Bull Julia, remembering the wonderful 3 years we had and gave to our old man Pit, Monty, dealing with our high energy little fucker of a pocket pittie, Danny, aka #wildmandan.Philadelphia Eagles/Phillies/Flyers.That's about it.
  • Likes Given: 140
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2013, 03:50:00 AM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: GR8WHITEBUFFALO
Just posted day 14.  Made it through the wedding and flight cancelation still in hotel waiting for todays flight home but i am confident i can handle any other obsticals will reach out if needed. 2weeks clean today feels great

Thanks for the support
CHAMP
Great job. Way to make the better choice and protect your quit.
Good Job Robbie!!! Balls to the wall....ONE day at a TIME. It's the way to "be" quit.
Best thing in the world you can do every a.m. for yourself. Bettering yourself and others will benefit from you being a better man!
Post roll...the earlier the better for your quit.
Keep your word.
Wake and REPEAT!

Cheers brother! 'boob'
I've been reading up on you, Robbie. I tossed $80 worth of nic gum and $500 worth of Cuban cigars. Best decision of my life. It was fucking liberating. Really great to see you've kept your word through the wedding.

Feels great, being a man of honor for the first time in a long time, doesn't it?

Nice work.