Author Topic: mattttt25 - Intro  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
Re: mattttt25 - Intro
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 07:07:55 PM »
Keep swing'n Matttt. You've given me a reason to smile every day for the past year, faithfully posting, never missing, like the sun coming up every morning. See you tomorrow for today+1.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 975
Re: mattttt25 - Intro
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 12:01:45 PM »
One freaking year my quit brother... so badass.

Let's keep it going and make another trip around the sun together.
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline mattttt25

• April 2018 HOF
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: January 2, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1
mattttt25 - Intro
« on: January 02, 2019, 11:46:28 AM »
My original intro thread can be found here:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qs_xtreme/28-years-of-hell-3-days-of-living-t12657.html

Here's my first post at KTC, made January 5, 2018:

Hello all. 42 years old, have dipped for the better part of 28 years. For the last 20 years, it's been a can a day. Beautiful wife and two kids that have put up with me and my awful habit.

On January 2nd at 6 am, I "enjoyed" my last dip. I am now 76 hours nicotine free. I'm counting hours for now, and will soon switch to days. Excited for that moment.

I don't want jinx myself, but the last 3 days have been ok. A little moody, a little foggy, and simply can't sleep. But I can absolutely deal with these symptoms.

That's my story. Haven't figured out how to join a group, but will work on that. Good luck to everyone else on their quit.

I didn't know what the fuck was going on back then.  Just learning my way around the forums, figuring out my quit group, and learning to post roll.  Most importantly, I was 3 days nic free and just trying to make it to the next hour.  Back then, and for the first few weeks, I counted in hours.

Good news, friends..... day 366.  Just crossed the one year mark.  It can be done, and this website and group of quitters can help if you let them.  Stay focused and just make it to the next hour.