Author Topic: dml_grizz intro  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Palpatine

• Administrator
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 1.6.2016
  • Likes Given: 409
Re: dml_grizz intro
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 05:21:42 PM »
Welcome.

Nie job posting roll. Keep it up - post roll early every single day. That's your promise to yourself, others in your quit group, and everyone who posts support in your quit group that you will not use nicotine in any form for the rest of the day.

I've been posting roll every day for 1,077 days, and that's what has kept me quit for nearly three years.
Like RDB said...Welcome to your quit!  8 days on your own is awesome!  You are through the suck.  Now just get in here and post up each morning and get to know your quit brothers and sisters who are in the trenches with ya.  Talk about your quit...your cravings...your struggles...your wins...your victories...anything you want.  Come here when you are craving hard and just read stuff about others quits and struggles and how they powered through it.  It can be done...RDB and myself are proof.  One day at a time.  30 seconds to post up your promise and stick with it for the day.  Do that and then do it again tomorrow. 

Glad to have you here.  Ask anything you want.  Rage here all you want and not at your family.  Be careful with any alcohol early on in your quit as that is a huge trigger for most who cave.  Be aware but also be the owner of your quit. 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 05:40:03 PM by Palpatine »
Good...good, let the quit flow through you!  -chewie

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: dml_grizz intro
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 02:03:34 PM »
Welcome.

Nie job posting roll. Keep it up - post roll early every single day. That's your promise to yourself, others in your quit group, and everyone who posts support in your quit group that you will not use nicotine in any form for the rest of the day.

I've been posting roll every day for 1,077 days, and that's what has kept me quit for nearly three years.

Offline dml_grizz

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/25/2018
  • Likes Given: 2
dml_grizz intro
« on: January 02, 2019, 01:44:47 PM »
Hey everyone.   I was recommended to this site by someone I know that used it to quit several years ago.

41 years old, took my first dip at 14 and was regular since about 16.  Gutted it early on since I didn't want to be caught in school and just kept it up at work so people wouldn't know there either.    Quit nicotine from Dec 2010- July 2012 and decided I could have "1 cigarette".  Got back to dip pretty quick after the wife started smelling it enough where I couldn't blame a friend, lol.  Had my last chew Xmas morning, through the 3 days of hell, but now dealing with the brain fog.

Anyway, "quit" a handful of other times over the years for shorter periods of weeks - couple months, but just want to be done with it.  #1 for health, but #2 it's expensive as F*$@ as I always buy other stuff when I'm in the gas station to pick up my can of Grizzly. I started using a budgeting software a couple years ago and know what I spend when I go into the gas station......It is far from a trivial amount of $$$.

I have a few peripheral friends that chew, but have a few really close friends that still smoke, which will be the hardest part for me.  That's why I quit over the holidays.  Took PTO so I wouldn't have to be at work during the initial withdrawals and knew I would only be with family over the holidays.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 01:53:44 PM by dml_grizz »