Author Topic: My Intro - mhwjdw4136  (Read 1447 times)

Online Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
Re: My Intro - mhwjdw4136
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 06:41:30 AM »
Glad you're here Matt.  Work that quit.  Get some digits and build a web of accountability, make us more than pixels on a page.  You'll be glad that you did.
I've got some links in my signature about addiction.  Educate yourself about what you're dealing with. 70% of those who start out fail.  Only 30% will make it.
Which bucket will you be in?
Digits in your inbox
Athan - 369 iqwyt
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 04:46:00 AM »
Congrats mh . . . ,

Most of us here failed many times trying on our own.  Like Mayfly says, post your promise each day and fight like hell just through that day.  Don't worry about tomorrow.  We know you can do this and I'm proud to quit with you today.

CJ
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline mayfly

• Quitter
  • You're either quit or you're not
    • My Intro
  • Quit Date: 08/28/2021
  • Likes Given: 192
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 10:04:18 PM »
Wow, and welcome.  Just wanted to say that you made a great choice.  The road is not easy, and it will be tough for a bit, but freedom from nic is worth it.  Post roll early, its just a great way to give the middle finger to nic and promise not to use for the day.  Then make it through the day.  Rinse and repeat.  Check ur pm, I sent you my digits and am sure others have as well..

Mike
Half-assed effort only gives half-assed results

Cravings are like March madness...survive and advance-Bgbdbrd

There are two types of quitters on KTC. Those who post every damn day no matter what. They could survive a plane crash 50 miles from Nome Alaska and would kill a polar bear with a pocket knife, write their days quit on ice with its blood, snap a pic with their cell phone and text it to Drome. Then there are those who always have an excuse not to post or to post late. -bicycleptic

Offline mhwjdw4136

• Quit Date: 1/3/2019
  • Likes Given: 0
My Intro - mhwjdw4136
« on: January 03, 2019, 09:46:24 PM »
Wow this is a long time coming. 

I have attempted to quit on my own more times than I can count but it was always for someone else.  I started dipping when I was 15 before wrestling matches in an effort to cut weight...LOL.  This has gone on now for roughly 20 years...Funny though cus my weight has drastically gone up!  The last 5 years has been at least a can a day of Skoal Straight.  I am counting the hours at the moment on DAY 1.  Looking forward to meeting some of you on this journey and posting role ODAAT...

-Matt