Author Topic: 31.5 hours in  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
Re: 31.5 hours in
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 07:32:34 PM »
Hey @AngryNonCom ....first of all...thank you for your service to this country. I truly appreciate our military. Second....it’s a big decision to quit. However...it is actually really easy. Especially here. As @Zeus said...WUPP...Wake up, Piss, Post. It needs to be the first thing you do. Our word is all we have here, so when we say...NO NICOTINE TODAY...we mean it. Chew on a freakin stick if you have to, but keep that crap out of your body. It’s two fold really. We gotta get the tobacco out AND also get the nicotine out. No replacement here, no nic gum, patches or anything else. Also...get digits from other people here. It helps and gives you an avenue to use before you even consider stopping at the store for a can. Be active in your quit group. Post in other groups too. Make a name(a good one) for yourself here. If you do...you will be very respected...but more importantly, your quit will be very strong. Accountability and honesty is everything here. If you are ready to do this...you’ll have everyone on this site giving you support. My number is always a PM away. Never publish your number except in private messages to someone else. Quit hard and get involved. Proud to be quit with you.
Dawgs
222 days of freedom

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
Re: 31.5 hours in
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 06:53:08 PM »
AngryNonCom,

Congrats on your decision to quit. Here is a solution which will take luck off the table--I invite you to join us for support and to help us keep each other accountable.

We make a promise to ourselves and to others that we will not use nicotine for one day. Keep your promise and come back tomorrow and do it again. Simple. Do that and the quit days will pile up.

1. Post your Promise
2. Keep Your Word
3. Repeat Daily (or more often as needed)

Another acronym we use is WUPP:

Wake Up
Piss
Make a promise early in the day (before it gets away from you) and keep your word. If you cave after that point, you are the lowest of the low scum on earth.

You can join us by posting in your Quit Group. They are grouped according to the month you would reach 100 days quit (December 2019).

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15827.0

Post your name, day count, and promise to quit.

Hope to see you on the boards.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 06:54:58 PM by Zeus »
June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline AngryNonCom

• Likes Given: 2
31.5 hours in
« on: September 14, 2019, 06:32:02 PM »
I am an active duty service member and have been dipping since I was 18. I made a decision to better myself on Friday, and took out my last pinch at 1000, Friday September 13th. So far it has not been too bad, just a little bit of jonesing..it helped to do it on a busy day at work, to get through the initial day. Now the weekend, maintaining enough self control to not buy any chew. I feel more in control of this quit, than I ever have. Wish me luck!!