Author Topic: 1,000 days is a bit late  (Read 6305 times)

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: 1,000 days is a bit late
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »
Quote from: Radman
Day 1380

I haven't posted in my intro for quite some time. I haven't supported others in their intros as I should, but you can gurantee I'm here..... posting roll. Because it works, and because I have friends here that need support.

There has been much drama here recently, which has bred negativity and hostility. That's not what intros should be. I pulled mine back up to review the great support that I got when I finally posted an intro. Upon reading it, I thought maybe some positivity needs to come to the top here. I pledge to be more active in this section (as I once was), and invite any of you to shoot me a PM if I can help y'all in any way at all.

Rad +1
Good stuff, Rad. +1 with you.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
Day 1380

I haven't posted in my intro for quite some time. I haven't supported others in their intros as I should, but you can gurantee I'm here..... posting roll. Because it works, and because I have friends here that need support.

There has been much drama here recently, which has bred negativity and hostility. That's not what intros should be. I pulled mine back up to review the great support that I got when I finally posted an intro. Upon reading it, I thought maybe some positivity needs to come to the top here. I pledge to be more active in this section (as I once was), and invite any of you to shoot me a PM if I can help y'all in any way at all.

Rad +1

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2013, 01:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched

Wish I had been more diligent with keeping up with milestones early in my quit.
Look at Rad...breaking out the Abacus today to post up some epic quit numbers!
Slide rule.

Cause that's how real engineers roll.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2013, 10:05:00 AM »

Look at Rad...breaking out the Abacus today to post up some epic quit numbers!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2013, 10:00:00 AM »

Offline FishinDipShit

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, The Outdoors, my Wife and my Daughter
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2013, 01:34:00 PM »
Quote from: Picker.of.Strings
I can relate to your story man. My 4 year old son told me that when he grows up he wants to "eat copenhagen like daddy".... now he wants to eat sunflower seeds like daddy.
Reminds me of my dad and i... he chewed skoal longcut for 17 yrs. Weirdly tho i remember being grossed out by it when i was a kid..
Grizzly Long Cut Wintergreen 5 yrs quit that shit 10/21/2013

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
Quote from: Picker.of.Strings
I can relate to your story man. My 4 year old son told me that when he grows up he wants to "eat copenhagen like daddy".... now he wants to eat sunflower seeds like daddy.
Dig it. Don't recall hearing about anyone being killed by a sunflower.

Offline Picker.of.Strings

• Quitter
  • Interests: Guitar.
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »
Dirty tone - 6 wide, 22 deep

Quit Date: 17 October 2013

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2013, 08:35:00 AM »
Quote from: Punkin

1000 days nicotine free. I've been undecided about what to say on this milestone day. So, I'll try to explain the answer to a question that I don't think anybody has actually verbalized to me. Why did I quit? I figure nobody asked because most folks assume it was for my health or money. Nope, I wasn't strong enough to quit for either of those reasons. On September 15, 2010, one of my twins (2 years old then) spit by our feet and proudly said "like daddy". That was one of the worst moments of my life. After a flurry of scattered thoughts, I silently walked away in tears. I had dedicated my life to raising my children, and seemingly the only thing he had learned was that self-inflicting illness and disease must be cool because daddy does it. I had failed. There has not been any tobacco or nicotine in my body since that very minute, and hopefully my boys have better things to remember. I cannot control what my kids do with their life and health in the long run, but I can guarantee this: if they become addicts, it WILL NOT be because they are following an example that is being set by me. They know my story. They know how much hatred I harbor for everything related to tobacco. I will continue to explain things to them that I wish I new 25 years ago. It is a destructive drug, and my body has thanked me repeatedly for quitting. Hopefully one day my three sons will thank me as well. If they steer clear of the addiction themselves, that'll be thanks enough.
As a relativley new guy to the quit (23 days thank you very much) I look at the veterans on the site and think that 1000 days, 1 year, hell, even 100 days is amazing. When I first joined this site I started reading everything I could and I would think " why are these dudes still here after years of being quit"? I soon realized that for an addict, staying quit is a lifelong battle.

I look at my own boy and Im glad that Im quitting before he gets old enough to realize what it is that Im doing. He's only 2 but he spits like I do and that hurts. Thank you for posting that.
I've posted that about my son a few different places since I've been here. It's the absolute truth, and I can barely recall that day without getting emotional. I'm sort of a "tough country boy" type, and don't wear outward emotions very often, but that was a tough day for me. Still sucks to remember it.

Congrats on 3+ weeks quit, man. Enjoy every single milestone. Stick to the +1 theory, but savor the big milestones: 1 month, HOF, year, etc. It's tricky to not look too far ahead, but we gotta stick to that. The trap is that you'll hit a funk just after some of them. For instance, in the week or so after I hit HOF, I had a few tough days because of the "so...... what now?" thoughts in my head.

Lastly..... I remember wondering why the old farts hang around here. Yeah, I think I still need to +1 every day with my GUARD brothers, but that's not the only reason we're here. I have made friends here. Never thought it would happen, but it did. I was skeptical of on-line relationships when I came here, but KTC folks share a brotherhood like no other I've experienced. I've met a couple dozen quitters face-to-face, and I come here to keep in touch with them. No different than any other social media site. Stay involved.... build the accountability. It works.
Rad you are an amazing quitter and a great example for all of us. I am glad that you like other share these personal stories because every word just adds to the KTC mountain of quit.

I appreciate all that you do and I decided that the best way I can pay you back is post a comment on your wall, so you can see in my avatar how the ape brain operates.

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2013, 08:08:00 AM »
Quote from: Punkin

1000 days nicotine free. I've been undecided about what to say on this milestone day. So, I'll try to explain the answer to a question that I don't think anybody has actually verbalized to me. Why did I quit? I figure nobody asked because most folks assume it was for my health or money. Nope, I wasn't strong enough to quit for either of those reasons. On September 15, 2010, one of my twins (2 years old then) spit by our feet and proudly said "like daddy". That was one of the worst moments of my life. After a flurry of scattered thoughts, I silently walked away in tears. I had dedicated my life to raising my children, and seemingly the only thing he had learned was that self-inflicting illness and disease must be cool because daddy does it. I had failed. There has not been any tobacco or nicotine in my body since that very minute, and hopefully my boys have better things to remember. I cannot control what my kids do with their life and health in the long run, but I can guarantee this: if they become addicts, it WILL NOT be because they are following an example that is being set by me. They know my story. They know how much hatred I harbor for everything related to tobacco. I will continue to explain things to them that I wish I new 25 years ago. It is a destructive drug, and my body has thanked me repeatedly for quitting. Hopefully one day my three sons will thank me as well. If they steer clear of the addiction themselves, that'll be thanks enough.
As a relativley new guy to the quit (23 days thank you very much) I look at the veterans on the site and think that 1000 days, 1 year, hell, even 100 days is amazing. When I first joined this site I started reading everything I could and I would think " why are these dudes still here after years of being quit"? I soon realized that for an addict, staying quit is a lifelong battle.

I look at my own boy and Im glad that Im quitting before he gets old enough to realize what it is that Im doing. He's only 2 but he spits like I do and that hurts. Thank you for posting that.
I've posted that about my son a few different places since I've been here. It's the absolute truth, and I can barely recall that day without getting emotional. I'm sort of a "tough country boy" type, and don't wear outward emotions very often, but that was a tough day for me. Still sucks to remember it.

Congrats on 3+ weeks quit, man. Enjoy every single milestone. Stick to the +1 theory, but savor the big milestones: 1 month, HOF, year, etc. It's tricky to not look too far ahead, but we gotta stick to that. The trap is that you'll hit a funk just after some of them. For instance, in the week or so after I hit HOF, I had a few tough days because of the "so...... what now?" thoughts in my head.

Lastly..... I remember wondering why the old farts hang around here. Yeah, I think I still need to +1 every day with my GUARD brothers, but that's not the only reason we're here. I have made friends here. Never thought it would happen, but it did. I was skeptical of on-line relationships when I came here, but KTC folks share a brotherhood like no other I've experienced. I've met a couple dozen quitters face-to-face, and I come here to keep in touch with them. No different than any other social media site. Stay involved.... build the accountability. It works.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2013, 07:55:00 AM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: Mike
Quote from: Diesel2112
Woke up yesterday in quite a funk.  Strangely enough, I wasn't sure why.  Just felt troubled for some reason.  Took me a bit to recall a dip dream I'd had during the night.

I guess "dip dream" isn't the best term. It was more of a looseleaf dream, I suppose.  In the dream, I was driving along and casually grabbed a pack of Golden Blend and took a chew.  Then I recall cruising along for a few miles thinking "at least I'm not dipping".  Then it hit me (as if by surprise) that this is NOT acceptable - nicotine is nicotine.  Apparently I had been started back chewing for a while and thought it was ok.

1133 days and this shit is still messing with my head.  NAFAR.
Oh boy. Something to look forward to. Lol.
Sorry, Diesel. Don't happen much nowadays. Probably been 6 months.

Honestly, I hope the dreams never go away. They serve a purpose. The feeling of betrayal and failure were strong enough to rekindle my fight.
Wow, almost 3 years  a dream can still come back around?? But then I shouldn't be surprised, like I've been told already, this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon  you're in for life.
Actually a month past 3 years, but who's counting, right?

I like your point - it's definitely not a sprint.
Rad... Thanks for your continued presence bro. This quit is long term ~ you help bring that home. Thank you m'man.
It seems you get the funk as Savannah gets closer. :) NAFAR! I quit with the Radman.
Maybe my subconcious is trying to tell me something. 'Crazy'

See you there, sir.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2013, 01:08:00 AM »
Woke up yesterday in quite a funk.  Strangely enough, I wasn't sure why.  Just felt troubled for some reason.  Took me a bit to recall a dip dream I'd had during the night.

I guess "dip dream" isn't the best term. It was more of a looseleaf dream, I suppose.  In the dream, I was driving along and casually grabbed a pack of Golden Blend and took a chew.  Then I recall cruising along for a few miles thinking "at least I'm not dipping".  Then it hit me (as if by surprise) that this is NOT acceptable - nicotine is nicotine.  Apparently I had been started back chewing for a while and thought it was ok.

Honestly, I hope the dreams never go away. They serve a purpose. The feeling of betrayal and failure were strong enough to rekindle my fight.
Wow, almost 3 years  a dream can still come back around?? But then I shouldn't be surprised, like I've been told already, this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon  you're in for life.

It was either Derk or Srans who posted that in my intro when they thought I was getting ahead of myself in wanting to be healed  reminding me to keep it ODAAT. Oops sorry I wasn't really doing the math, but either way it's ALOT of +1's to congratulate you for doing!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2013, 08:31:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack

Rad... Thanks for your continued presence bro. This quit is long term ~ you help bring that home. Thank you m'man.
It seems you get the funk as Savannah gets closer. :) NAFAR! I quit with the Radman.

Offline Punkin

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2013, 08:06:00 PM »

EMBRACE THE SUCK

If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Are you gonna quit dipping, or are you gonna slide your tampon in?

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2013, 07:45:00 PM »

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.