Author Topic: 1,000 days is a bit late  (Read 6669 times)

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: 1,000 days is a bit late
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 10:29:00 PM »
Rad, you are a rockstar! congrats on the comma, my friend.

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 09:41:00 PM »
Radman! First congrats, second thanks for paying it forward. Without your advice, and support my early days would of been even harder and I may have not made it. I'll never forget your help and I am damn proud to quit with you.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 05:10:00 PM »
Welcome to Commaville...
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 04:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Radman
Thanks to all of you. Everybody works together here, from the vets far beyond me, right down to the newest quitters. Every member brings something to the table.

Well, except maybe Bean, who is just a smartass. You know I'm kidding, bro.... see you on roll tomorrow.

CBird makes a good point. Spread the accountability path as wide as possible. Those guys made time in their schedules to welcome me to Dallas. They didn't do anything about that 112 degree heat, though.
'clap'
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 04:48:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
x2
I quit with with you all!

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 04:44:00 PM »

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »
Thanks for the replies. If a few folks got some good out of it, that is all I really hoped for.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to post this, it is all inspiring. congratulations!
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 12:42:00 PM »
Congrats on a Huge Milestone Rad!!! Hope your back is getting better too!.

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 12:13:00 PM »
The vets on this site humble me.

Amazing work Rad. I'm so honored to be here and quit with guys like you.
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »
Thanks to all of you. Everybody works together here, from the vets far beyond me, right down to the newest quitters. Every member brings something to the table.

Well, except maybe Bean, who is just a smartass. You know I'm kidding, bro.... see you on roll tomorrow.

CBird makes a good point. Spread the accountability path as wide as possible. Those guys made time in their schedules to welcome me to Dallas. They didn't do anything about that 112 degree heat, though.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 600
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 10:47:00 AM »
Quote from: Bean
Quote from: srans
Quote from: drock7
When I joined this site back in 2010, I never posted an official intro.  I just got busy reading and posting roll and never looked back.  Today I reached a milestone that has up until even yesterday seemed unreachable.  As an addict that had repeatedly failed at quit attempts, I never thought this was possible.  Without KTC and all my brothers and sisters here, it wasn't. 

The following is actually copied from my post to a social media site.  I intended to make a very basic post, but it evolved as I typed.  After some thought, I decided to also post it here for safekeeping.  It isn't really an official introduction, but it tells y'all eveything you need to know about my quit.

1000 days nicotine free. I've been undecided about what to say on this milestone day. So, I'll try to explain the answer to a question that I don't think anybody has actually verbalized to me. Why did I quit? I figure nobody asked because most folks assume it was for my health or money. Nope, I wasn't strong enough to quit for either of those reasons. On September 15, 2010, one of my twins (2 years old then) spit by our feet and proudly said "like daddy". That was one of the worst moments of my life. After a flurry of scattered thoughts, I silently walked away in tears. I had dedicated my life to raising my children, and seemingly the only thing he had learned was that self-inflicting illness and disease must be cool because daddy does it. I had failed. There has not been any tobacco or nicotine in my body since that very minute, and hopefully my boys have better things to remember. I cannot control what my kids do with their life and health in the long run, but I can guarantee this: if they become addicts, it WILL NOT be because they are following an example that is being set by me. They know my story. They know how much hatred I harbor for everything related to tobacco. I will continue to explain things to them that I wish I new 25 years ago. It is a destructive drug, and my body has thanked me repeatedly for quitting. Hopefully one day my three sons will thank me as well. If they steer clear of the addiction themselves, that'll be thanks enough.
Just awesome , awesome , awesome... You are the inspiration thats needed on this site. Just yesterday, while riding our golfcart around the property, my 2 year old daughter leaned off to the side and spit. I was using the hooche fake dip and she was replicating what i was doing. I told her spitting was disgusting and we shouldnt do it. She has asked many times before, what dat in your mouf diddy,
Im glad i am quit with you today.
Thinks radman. Always enjoy reading your posts. You have helped me stay quit another day. Glad to be quit with you.
^^^ YES ^^^

Congrats Rad. I bumped along here doing the minimum (posting roll) until I began to realize this site was working. I was humbled and started to develop a "pay it forward" mentality. Radman was one those familiar who inspired me to do more than the minimum. I hope my words help others. But I KNOW my activity has helped me. And that is due, in large part, to Rad.

(Don't get cocky...I still think you're a dick way down in my heart).
I was 'all in' about posting and will be as long as I have a heartbeat . I even dabbled around in the paying forward part of the quit but it was meeting kdip, rocketman, bruce the ghey, you and greg5280 shortly after hitting the Hall that got me paying it backward as well. Thanks for helping plow the row!!!

Noobs- spend some time w guys like this watch your quit grow .......
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »
Rad, you are just that...RAD!!! Nice, tenth floor.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 10:18:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
When I joined this site back in 2010, I never posted an official intro.  I just got busy reading and posting roll and never looked back.  Today I reached a milestone that has up until even yesterday seemed unreachable.  As an addict that had repeatedly failed at quit attempts, I never thought this was possible.  Without KTC and all my brothers and sisters here, it wasn't. 

The following is actually copied from my post to a social media site.  I intended to make a very basic post, but it evolved as I typed.  After some thought, I decided to also post it here for safekeeping.  It isn't really an official introduction, but it tells y'all eveything you need to know about my quit.

1000 days nicotine free. I've been undecided about what to say on this milestone day. So, I'll try to explain the answer to a question that I don't think anybody has actually verbalized to me. Why did I quit? I figure nobody asked because most folks assume it was for my health or money. Nope, I wasn't strong enough to quit for either of those reasons. On September 15, 2010, one of my twins (2 years old then) spit by our feet and proudly said "like daddy". That was one of the worst moments of my life. After a flurry of scattered thoughts, I silently walked away in tears. I had dedicated my life to raising my children, and seemingly the only thing he had learned was that self-inflicting illness and disease must be cool because daddy does it. I had failed. There has not been any tobacco or nicotine in my body since that very minute, and hopefully my boys have better things to remember. I cannot control what my kids do with their life and health in the long run, but I can guarantee this: if they become addicts, it WILL NOT be because they are following an example that is being set by me. They know my story. They know how much hatred I harbor for everything related to tobacco. I will continue to explain things to them that I wish I new 25 years ago. It is a destructive drug, and my body has thanked me repeatedly for quitting. Hopefully one day my three sons will thank me as well. If they steer clear of the addiction themselves, that'll be thanks enough.
Just awesome , awesome , awesome... You are the inspiration thats needed on this site. Just yesterday, while riding our golfcart around the property, my 2 year old daughter leaned off to the side and spit. I was using the hooche fake dip and she was replicating what i was doing. I told her spitting was disgusting and we shouldnt do it. She has asked many times before, what dat in your mouf diddy,
Thinks radman. Always enjoy reading your posts. You have helped me stay quit another day. Glad to be quit with you.
^^^ YES ^^^

Congrats Rad. I bumped along here doing the minimum (posting roll) until I began to realize this site was working. I was humbled and started to develop a "pay it forward" mentality. Radman was one those familiar who inspired me to do more than the minimum. I hope my words help others. But I KNOW my activity has helped me. And that is due, in large part, to Rad.

(Don't get cocky...I still think you're a dick way down in my heart).

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.