Author Topic: Day 5 Tired of being a slave  (Read 2938 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
Re: Day 5 Tired of being a slave
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 09:56:35 AM »
@brackettz12@gmail.com what happened dude?  Let's talk it out man.  I know it's tough but there are much tougher consequences.  Get in here man.
@brackettz12@gmail.com Hag is correct man. Either you let the demon get you or your results came back the way you wanted. One day they might not and you don't need that crap to escalate the issue. Its tough to quit as I know but its better then the alternatives.
Suggest you make posting roll first thing your daily routine. Anything other than that is a status update, not a promise. Wake up, piss, post and protect your quit for the day. It’s the formula that works. 
Jan19

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2020, 07:41:20 AM »
@brackettz12@gmail.com what happened dude?  Let's talk it out man.  I know it's tough but there are much tougher consequences.  Get in here man.
@brackettz12@gmail.com Hag is correct man. Either you let the demon get you or your results came back the way you wanted. One day they might not and you don't need that crap to escalate the issue. Its tough to quit as I know but its better then the alternatives.

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 08:08:56 PM »

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2020, 05:26:22 PM »
I am not here by accident. Two weeks ago I realized that my habit may have given me cancer at the age of 40. A week ago I had biopsies and scans done and am still awaiting the results. I am on day 5 but thats the longest its been in 21 years.

I have three beautiful daughters....permit my employees to use in front of me and endanger their lives but say nothing. I am an addict who looks like a crackhead when he runs out of snuff at midnight. I am on day 5 and it feels like its gonna be a long road.
Damn, man. Even after almost 8 years quit... I can feel this like it was me who wrote it!

To be crystal clear... even though you called yourself an addict in your 2nd paragraph you also wrote, “... I realize that my habit may have given me cancer...”

Let’s give it the weight it deserves... this scenario in your life is playing out because of the addiction you’ve let control you. Don’t get me wrong, bro... I’m not being nitpicky to be an ass. Once your tests come back negative (and I hope like damn they do come back negative!) and the fear that’s riding you subsides... front and center in your mind needs to be this fact... you’re an addict and your addiction is nicotine.

So, that being said... you can do this. If I/we can... you can. Own this. Get involved here and STAY involved here. Find your quit group and get this quit rolling with some real momentum.

You got this.

AJ... 2,785 days of freedom.

Like AJ said, we all hope and pray your tests come back negative and when they do, make sure you don't do like some others and head back to the can because they beat the odds this time.  Stick with that quit and make it a permanent life change so you can be there for your daughters as long as possible.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 105
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2020, 10:34:11 AM »
I am not here by accident. Two weeks ago I realized that my habit may have given me cancer at the age of 40. A week ago I had biopsies and scans done and am still awaiting the results. I am on day 5 but thats the longest its been in 21 years.

I have three beautiful daughters....permit my employees to use in front of me and endanger their lives but say nothing. I am an addict who looks like a crackhead when he runs out of snuff at midnight. I am on day 5 and it feels like its gonna be a long road.
Damn, man. Even after almost 8 years quit... I can feel this like it was me who wrote it!

To be crystal clear... even though you called yourself an addict in your 2nd paragraph you also wrote, “... I realize that my habit may have given me cancer...”

Let’s give it the weight it deserves... this scenario in your life is playing out because of the addiction you’ve let control you. Don’t get me wrong, bro... I’m not being nitpicky to be an ass. Once your tests come back negative (and I hope like damn they do come back negative!) and the fear that’s riding you subsides... front and center in your mind needs to be this fact... you’re an addict and your addiction is nicotine.

So, that being said... you can do this. If I/we can... you can. Own this. Get involved here and STAY involved here. Find your quit group and get this quit rolling with some real momentum.

You got this.

AJ... 2,785 days of freedom.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2020, 09:17:21 AM »

takes guts to bare your soul like this.  RESPECT.  Welcome - I quit with you today

^^^Could not have said it better than NMC above.^^^. Get comfy around here.  Please reach out if I can help in any way.  This is a journey my friend and we all need copilots we can count on.  You'll find a good group here if you are open to it.  My cell number is in your box. 

Holding the line with you brother

~HAG
Welcome. My digits are in your inbox. Use them anytime. We all failed quitting on our own so suggest you partner up solemn some quitters. There is strength in numbers. You can do this and we are here to help. As stated, focus on quitting just for today. We can deal with tomorrow later. @brackettz12@gmail.com
Jan19

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 08:06:09 AM »

takes guts to bare your soul like this.  RESPECT.  Welcome - I quit with you today

^^^Could not have said it better than NMC above.^^^. Get comfy around here.  Please reach out if I can help in any way.  This is a journey my friend and we all need copilots we can count on.  You'll find a good group here if you are open to it.  My cell number is in your box. 

Holding the line with you brother

~HAG

Offline NoMoreCope

• Dark Knights October 2020
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Never Again For Any Reason
  • Quit Date: July 6th, 2020
  • Likes Given: 117
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 06:27:47 AM »

Offline Leroy212

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 10:23:21 PM »
Thank you brother

You have found the right place to quit if you want to quit. It will be hard but it is so worth it. Look for Quit groups,  March 2021 will be your group. Jump in and post roll which is your promise to not use for the next 24 hours. We quit one day at a time here and worry about tomorrow when tomorrow becomes today. Reach out, make connections by sharing your number with other quitters, but only through the private messages function.  You've made a great decision, I quit with you today

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 10:02:20 PM »
You have found the right place to quit if you want to quit. It will be hard but it is so worth it. Look for Quit groups,  March 2021 will be your group. Jump in and post roll which is your promise to not use for the next 24 hours. We quit one day at a time here and worry about tomorrow when tomorrow becomes today. Reach out, make connections by sharing your number with other quitters, but only through the private messages function.  You've made a great decision, I quit with you today
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Leroy212

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
Day 5 Tired of being a slave
« on: November 29, 2020, 09:54:53 PM »