Author Topic: Want to Quit  (Read 1922 times)

Offline anthony18_7

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-28
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Want to Quit
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 09:04:00 AM »
I have made it through the weekend just fine. The hardest part was when I had some adult beverages and was with others that were dipping nonstop but I was able to make it through. When they asked if I wanted some I simply said "NO". I am proud to say that I have made it 5 days.

Also, I have no idea how to post roll, I don't even know what it means. All I know is I have created a contract with myself and I am not going to break it. I have taken my last dip of chew, period.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2014, 09:24:00 AM »
How goes the quit Anthony?

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2014, 11:12:00 AM »
Quote from: Tuco's
Quote from: anthony18_7
Actually the absolute opposite has happened. I received my Hooch fake chew in the mail and I decided I am not going to chew Kodiak anymore. I Quit. 24 hours down and I feel great. And by the way, for a support group you guys sure are negative. Thanks for the support.
Support is a relative term; dictated purely by present circumstances and company.

But, we're not here to dissect the meaning of words. We're here to quit. All day long. I'm glad you got your box of hooch and I'm glad it's been helping you along. 1 day nic-free is an excellent start.

You'll find that the support you're after will be much more to your liking AFTER you post roll in the December Hall of Fame quit group. Posting roll is the price of admission in this joint, and costs you nothing more than making a very simple promise to yourself and the rest of your quit brothers that you will not use nicotine at all today.

Your move.
Congratulations on Day 1!

By the way, I'm a straight up asshole. Never pretended to be otherwise. But today I'm one happy asshole because I've been checking everyday to see where you were... and your account was as quiet as an empty shoebox... until this morning! You should be damn proud to post your word on your intro and in December.

You've had a lot of suggestions to post roll. I haven't missed a day yet. It sounds corny as hell, but it gets in your head... you give your word to yourself and a bunch of other bad asses going through the same misery as you... and you will not break your word. Heed the advice you've received and get your name on roll first thing each day. If you are a man of your word, you can do this. If you aren't... well then who is really the asshole here?

You'll never be sorry you quit. Ever. If I can help - let me know. In the meantime, feel free to call us whatever words you want. Because as long as you are quit like fuck, I'll support you.

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2014, 10:56:00 AM »
Actually the absolute opposite has happened. I received my Hooch fake chew in the mail and I decided I am not going to chew Kodiak anymore. I Quit. 24 hours down and I feel great. And by the way, for a support group you guys sure are negative. Thanks for the support.
Support is a relative term; dictated purely by present circumstances and company.

But, we're not here to dissect the meaning of words. We're here to quit. All day long. I'm glad you got your box of hooch and I'm glad it's been helping you along. 1 day nic-free is an excellent start.

You'll find that the support you're after will be much more to your liking AFTER you post roll in the December Hall of Fame quit group. Posting roll is the price of admission in this joint, and costs you nothing more than making a very simple promise to yourself and the rest of your quit brothers that you will not use nicotine at all today.

Your move.

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2014, 10:34:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Ummm, yeah, thanks for making an account, not looking at it until today, and not posting roll call. Nothing to support as of yet.......
i guess, technical support since the account was made?

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »
Ummm, yeah, thanks for making an account, not looking at it until today, and not posting roll call. Nothing to support as of yet.......
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2014, 09:14:00 AM »
Here's some support for you:

topic/1008847/1/

Read that and tell me how great tobacco is, and then use words like 'love' when talking about it.

You need to decide whether you want to quit abusing nicotine or if you want to just stop for awhile. There's a difference.

Make sure you flush every bit of tobacco down the toilet. Post roll and be a man of your word that you will not use nicotine in any form for that day.

Wake up. Piss. Post roll. Be a man of your word.

In the next few days you will be going through withdrawal symptoms
http://www.killthecan.org/your-quit/wha ... t-dipping/

Drink tons of water, so much so that you should have to piss every time you pass a bathroom. Flush that poison out of your system.

No one is going to wish you luck because luck has nothing to do with being quit. It's a decision and only you can make it.

Quit on.

Offline anthony18_7

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-28
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 08:37:00 AM »

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 11:03:00 AM »
Quote from: mogul
This guy is full of shit, and has absolutely zero intention of quitting. Want to know how I can tell?
I am an avid Kodiak wintergreen fan
and
I just love Kodiak so much.
That just screams "I am quit", doesn't it? The only parts he left out were, "Dear American Snuff Co," and "Your pal, Anthony18_7".
and, I can't wait to get back to the C-store to buy another can. I just love giving you guys my money while you slowly take my life away. I just jump for joy and tickle my armpits for you guys. Thanks UST.
Move along. Nothing to see here. Another slave back to the plantation. FUJax.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 10:49:00 AM »
This guy is full of shit, and has absolutely zero intention of quitting. Want to know how I can tell?
and
That just screams "I am quit", doesn't it? The only parts he left out were, "Dear American Snuff Co," and "Your pal, Anthony18_7".
and, I can't wait to get back to the C-store to buy another can. I just love giving you guys my money while you slowly take my life away. I just jump for joy and tickle my armpits for you guys. Thanks UST.

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 10:42:00 AM »
and

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
18.7, I think you woke up yesterday and said "I would like to quit using chew today", found us, made an account, felt better about yourself, and poisoned yourself for the rest of the day, because you sure as shit didn't log back on here. This isn't a joke, it's your life.
Do or Do Not...There is no Try
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »
18.7, I think you woke up yesterday and said "I would like to quit using chew today", found us, made an account, felt better about yourself, and poisoned yourself for the rest of the day, because you sure as shit didn't log back on here. This isn't a joke, it's your life.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 08:27:00 AM »
You have had some badass quitters give you great advice here bro. There is a lot more to come if you quit but these guys have guided you through the first few steps. It is now up to you to change your attitude to one of "I CAN QUIT". But you have to want it too. It's all about attitude and what you think of yourself and how much you believe in yourself. If you make the decision that you want to save money and your life we will be here to guide you further down the path. Keep logging in and reading this site, get the truth, and not the lies that bitch gives you every time you finger fuck a can of cancer.

Mogul

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »
How's the love affair coming along? I see that you logged in this morning. Several of us spilled our guts in an effort to help you. We will climb mountains to help you, but you gotta help yourself first.

Step one is easy. Make the decision to give your word. And do it. If your word is worth a damn you can do this. You can succeed.

2 men have told you that they spent a combined 75,000 on this shit in their lives. That is after tax money bud. Think about that.