Author Topic: Want to Quit  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Want to Quit
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 10:17:00 AM »
Tony, you sound scared to quit. I was a big chicken shit too, I wore a patch for 30 days to ween off the nic, even though the vets on this site told me to man up. Only thing I accomplished was going through withdrawals twice, how's that for not listening to the vets on this site. We have all been there Anthony, and it sucks until it doesn't. Do you want to quit or not?

Thumble's Fun Facts

1. I spent over $30,000 on Skoal products
2. I once saw my 2 year old son drink a full swig of my spit bottle
3. I would buy 20-30 cans at a time from Sam's, and put it on a Credit Card at 20% interest
4. I lost the trust of my wife by "quitting" 3 times a year. It still isn't 100% after 145 days, she thinks I'll cave.
5. I have made my youngest son cry multiple times by dipping, and ignoring him

Make the right decision.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 07:37:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: anthony18_7
What does post roll mean? I am brand new to this site and don't fully understand the lingo yet.
You can't post roll unless you are quit. This website is for quitters. Make the decision and join us. It's pretty simple.
That will never happen (at least not this time)! Prove me wrong.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 10:16:00 PM »
What does post roll mean? I am brand new to this site and don't fully understand the lingo yet.
You can't post roll unless you are quit. This website is for quitters. Make the decision and join us. It's pretty simple.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 10:11:00 PM »
Tell me Anthony, what is it that you LOVE about Kodiak. Please, write it down. And if it is so damn great, why quit? The truth is.................. well you already know the truth. Worktowin helped you out with that already. The question really becomes then, what are you gonna do?

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 08:18:00 PM »
Hello everyone. I am an avid Kodiak wintergreen fan and I am in the process of waning myself down from a tin per day to just 3 dips per day and eventually NO dips per day. The problem is I want to quit in the worst way but I just love Kodiak so much. Today I ordered some Hooch in an effort to get off the real stuff which I hope works. Any advice you successful quitters could give me would be great! Thank you!
I hear ya! I was an "avid kodiak fan" for 25 years. I tried to quit everyday for 25 years bud. Don't be a stupid fuckface like me.

$45,000 gone High blood pressure. Lying to my family. Lying to my friends. Midnight trips to "fill the car up with gas. Driving around aimlessly to get my fix in private.

Guess what the worst part was? I was owned by that damn bear and the nicotine. Owned. And reading your intro, you are owned too. The best part about using nicotine..? The only plus to using it... Is that it takes away the withdrawal symptoms of not using nicotine. That's it. You use a powerful neurotoxin to dull the effects of not using a powerful neurotoxin. Read that part about not being a fuckface again...

So, you are at a crossroad. You can take the road that is straight, well paved, and lined with whores bearing bottles of bourbon where you can drive really fast... Until that corvette flies over a cliff unexpectedly. Or you can veer to the road on the left that is bumpy and rocky, with tall weeds and a slow old truck with no a/c. But there is a small wooden sign that says "paradise ahead." We can help you navigate the bumps and rocks. And the road gets better pretty quick, and there are rainbows and unicorns ahead, but you have to be willing to call a whore a whore and put the bourbon down.

This will be a journey that you will never regret. Because no one... No one... Regrets quitting. Man up bud. Join us. Don't be a fuckface.

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 05:12:00 PM »
Been a while since I've read and responded to intros -- you got me with your over romanticized looking for easy answers post. "Avid Kodiak fan. Enjoys long walks on the beach strolling hand in hand with the nic bitch. Damn she's so hot, I love her so, but I think she may have herpes and constantly cheats on me -- oh and sometimes she likes to pound me with a strapon -- but she's just so hot I don't want to leave. I'm just such an avid fan of her manipulating lies."

The secret to quitting -- making a conscious decision not to but that shit in your mouth. I've been quit for a while now, but to my knowledge Skoal ain't making a Harry Potter flavor. That shit is not going to magically appear in your mouth. Post your word. Keep your word. Repeat. Damn hard, but we are all proof it can be done.
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline Heisenberg

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-14
  • Interests: Mountain Bikes, Hunting and fishing.
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 04:47:00 PM »
Pm sent

Offline Heisenberg

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-14
  • Interests: Mountain Bikes, Hunting and fishing.
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »
You'll have to dig a lot deeper than that if you want to quit and want to get the full support of other quitters. To say you love Kodiak so much is like saying you love your girlfriend who is slowing killing you by spiking your koolaid with anti-freeze. Dump the bitch and never take her back.

Offline anthony18_7

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-28
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 04:44:00 PM »

Offline Gabriel

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-05
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 04:40:00 PM »
My advice may sound a bit harsh, but here goes...

1) Admit you are a nicotine addict
2) Realize that being a nicotine addict means you will always be a nicotine addict, whether you are using it or not
3) Quit using nicotine today, before it kills you dead
4) Post roll
5) Suffer like hell the first few days and don't forget what it feels like
6) Continue to quit every remaining day of your life

Gabe

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 04:33:00 PM »
Hello everyone. I am an avid Kodiak wintergreen fan and I am in the process of waning myself down from a tin per day to just 3 dips per day and eventually NO dips per day. The problem is I want to quit in the worst way but I just love Kodiak so much. Today I ordered some Hooch in an effort to get off the real stuff which I hope works. Any advice you successful quitters could give me would be great! Thank you!
My advice:

1) Be a man and dump the contents of whatever tins you have into the toilet and then flush.

2) Post roll.

We'll work on the rest of the details after you've actually quit.

Offline anthony18_7

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-28
Want to Quit
« on: August 25, 2014, 04:31:00 PM »