Author Topic: New and Day 1  (Read 4208 times)

Offline Scottm1682

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gardening, Gaming - Ps3 and Xbox, work work work. Like big trucks and old cars. Camping-hiking- backpacking.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New and Day 1
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2013, 05:56:00 AM »
Day 78. Yesterday was an eye opener for me. For a while now I have felt my quit is strong and good. I look at it as I am tough enough not to crack and give in. I can't even begin to count how many times people put a dip in right in front of me then get right in my face knowing I quit. Most of them apologize after I make a comment and they back off for a while until they forget. Yesterday though I was in a meeting where the guy beside me pulls out a can of skoal original. It has been so long since I smelled a fresh can- it actually smelled sweet and tasty. Then it hit me... It only takes one second to cave and break. The nic was trying to trick me and I won the battle yesterday. Today is a new day and I quit again today and I will not use today!

Offline Wade

• Quitter
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2013, 01:49:00 PM »
Quote from: Scottm1682
Well here I am 65 days quit and I quit today as well. I've cut out the seeds and candies for about three weeks now... The cruise helped with that. Now every few days ill get into something like cutting the grass or working in the shed and ill go inside and grab a tea bag and pop it in..... Ha ha very funny right. Things have been so hectic and stressful since my quit and it keeps piling on. Between multiple deaths in the family, work, home issues,... I'm sure you guys know what I mean. I know that the stress was always there and heck will be for a long time to come. I know the chew did nothing for it or me except make people say look at that hillbilly. Bottom line is my quit is strong and good thanks to you guys. I mentioned the stress and hectic life for another reason though. I am swamped non stop all day never stopping, in fact it's rare I have the time to type what I have so far. I feel bad that I am not here more posting and trying to help others. I mean I know my quit comes first and all but I know we all get messages and texts from people on here daily. To them I say thank you again, I wish I had the time to be more involved here like you guys.

On a side note about the craziness - we are looking at buying a piece of property to start a small organic farm on. Our house won't sell so I have to pickup the other place as a second home or land loan. My wife is really stepping up and chasing down the banks to try to get the loan worked out. I know I'm busy now but when we get our farm ill never be able to stop lol.
Awesome job Scott! I feel you. I've felt a bit guilty that I haven't been able to contribute more to the "community" on this site as I feel I owe so much to the people here and I'd love to be able to give back. But, like you, I am so damn busy most days that once I post roll, it's over, I don't even think about it until the next morning. I guess that's why I send random texts to people...I feel like I'm at least doing something to help a few other guys, as well as helping myself stay strong.

I hope all goes well with the farm. I would love to do something like that.

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2013, 09:29:00 AM »
Scott, it's amazing, how once you see the light you "see" the light. In those first days like you I longed for the chew. Then as the +1's add up things begin to change. I went from oh I want a chew, to oh I wish too I can do everything I did with it without it too look at that idiot chewing.

Congrats, on your quit and on your pending farm.

I quit with you.

Offline Scottm1682

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gardening, Gaming - Ps3 and Xbox, work work work. Like big trucks and old cars. Camping-hiking- backpacking.
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2013, 06:26:00 AM »
Well here I am 65 days quit and I quit today as well. I've cut out the seeds and candies for about three weeks now... The cruise helped with that. Now every few days ill get into something like cutting the grass or working in the shed and ill go inside and grab a tea bag and pop it in..... Ha ha very funny right. Things have been so hectic and stressful since my quit and it keeps piling on. Between multiple deaths in the family, work, home issues,... I'm sure you guys know what I mean. I know that the stress was always there and heck will be for a long time to come. I know the chew did nothing for it or me except make people say look at that hillbilly. Bottom line is my quit is strong and good thanks to you guys. I mentioned the stress and hectic life for another reason though. I am swamped non stop all day never stopping, in fact it's rare I have the time to type what I have so far. I feel bad that I am not here more posting and trying to help others. I mean I know my quit comes first and all but I know we all get messages and texts from people on here daily. To them I say thank you again, I wish I had the time to be more involved here like you guys.

On a side note about the craziness - we are looking at buying a piece of property to start a small organic farm on. Our house won't sell so I have to pickup the other place as a second home or land loan. My wife is really stepping up and chasing down the banks to try to get the loan worked out. I know I'm busy now but when we get our farm ill never be able to stop lol.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2013, 09:14:00 AM »
Thanks guys. First day back to work going good so far. Long 70 mile ride.... First time I was alone for like 17 days. It was odd but I did not have a craving- or where my lip and gums ache for a dip- I know you guys know what I mean but I can't explain it well. Instead I just could not stop thinking about dip, not that I wanted one just that I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Quit with you all today!
The thinking about dip. !That will pass too!!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Scottm1682

• Quitter
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2013, 06:06:00 AM »
Thanks guys. First day back to work going good so far. Long 70 mile ride.... First time I was alone for like 17 days. It was odd but I did not have a craving- or where my lip and gums ache for a dip- I know you guys know what I mean but I can't explain it well. Instead I just could not stop thinking about dip, not that I wanted one just that I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Quit with you all today!

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2013, 09:24:00 AM »
Feels great to be back home. Now time to unpack and get everything sorted out. Still quit day 57.

Found out on the cruise that of a craving hit I just had to grab a tea bag and roll it up and tuck it in... Not bad in a pinch but need to break that habbit quick. Busy few days ahead of me but the fight goes on
Glad your back and still QLF Scott.

Offline EFNKodiak

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-27
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2013, 06:43:00 AM »
Great job staying quit on your vacation. I know there would be some triggers and massive craves if I was on a cruise. Keep it up and enjoy life without the dip.

Offline Scottm1682

• Quitter
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2013, 06:17:00 AM »
Feels great to be back home. Now time to unpack and get everything sorted out. Still quit day 57.

Found out on the cruise that of a craving hit I just had to grab a tea bag and roll it up and tuck it in... Not bad in a pinch but need to break that habbit quick. Busy few days ahead of me but the fight goes on

Offline Scottm1682

• Quitter
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2013, 04:59:00 AM »
I'm past the halfway point to the HOF!!! 52 days. Sitting in Dublin Ireland and feeling good. Won't be back online until next week, found some open wifi so I wanted to check in while I could.

Offline Scottm1682

• Quitter
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2013, 05:48:00 AM »
Day 39 and feeling good to be quit. Tomorrow I fly to Florida to get on the cruise ship then start my trip across te atlantic ocean. I will be out of contact until May 14th or 15th. I'm going to post roll to my wife everyday lol

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2013, 08:42:00 AM »
Day 31... Yesterday I noticed my mouth was dry and my tongue started to get a little sore. I need to cut back the seeds and candies still lol
Whatever it takes to stay quit, you do that. You tore your mouth up for years with tobacco so now is not the time to worry about candy and seeds. Early quitting requires drastic measures. Everything will balance out for you eventually and you won't need all the candy and seeds. Quit is a progression, be patient.
Make Your Decision

Offline Scottm1682

• Quitter
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2013, 06:00:00 AM »
Day 31... Yesterday I noticed my mouth was dry and my tongue started to get a little sore. I need to cut back the seeds and candies still lol

Offline Ajacks23

• Quitter
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2013, 07:24:00 AM »
Well went to the ENT yesterday and it appears that everything going on in my throat and with loosing my voice is being caused by acid reflux, thyroid issue, or sleep problems. I am so relieved there are no words to describe the feeling. Thank you to everyone for the support.
Good to hear my man! Glad everything was OK
Quit Date: 2/22/2013

Ctrl A, X, V
Roll Patrol

Offline Scottm1682

• Quitter
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2013, 06:21:00 AM »
Well went to the ENT yesterday and it appears that everything going on in my throat and with loosing my voice is being caused by acid reflux, thyroid issue, or sleep problems. I am so relieved there are no words to describe the feeling. Thank you to everyone for the support.