Author Topic: Quitting and ED  (Read 3807 times)

Offline woahbot

• Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitting and ED
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »
Quote from: Greg5280
Quote from: woahbot
smoked a cig on the forth of july. then my thought process was: go big or go home. i regretted every minute of it. i was three days totally nicotine free and wasnt having any severe withdrawal symptoms -- just got drunk and stupid. then, today, i bought an Ecig.

i feel like i need to make an emotional connection with you guys. i need someone to reach out to when im struggling.

anyone out there?

regardless of the debate, my patch-system worked wonders as far as not having withdrawal symptoms. i think tomorrow will be another easy 1 day quit. its continuing day after day that im worried about.

please help. posting roll again for the second time.
Perhaps I am mis-understanding your post. Does this say you were posting while wearing a patch? To post in a quit group you need to be nicotine free... that means all forms of nicotine including the new e-cig you just bought. Perhaps a stroll to the Welcome center is what you need. Understand what we do and how we do it.

Got drunk and started again... :angry: Wish that was the first time I heard that. You owe your group and this site an apology and an explanation. Decide you want this, I mean really want this and there are 15,000 people here that will drop everything to help you.

Posting roll for three days while wearing a patch then getting drunk and smoking isnt putting forth any real effort that would warrant these fine quitters investing time in you....

Show us what you got...
been through this convo 10 times... but no hard feelings:

i posted this intro while on the patch, letting everyone know my plan was to step down, quit, and post roll. i posted roll 5 days ago or something, completely nicotine free.

back at it again. this is the last time i post day 1 roll. ive only regretted, and gotten sick from using nicotine the past 2 days.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2013, 10:42:00 PM »
smoked a cig on the forth of july. then my thought process was: go big or go home. i regretted every minute of it. i was three days totally nicotine free and wasnt having any severe withdrawal symptoms -- just got drunk and stupid. then, today, i bought an Ecig.

i feel like i need to make an emotional connection with you guys. i need someone to reach out to when im struggling.

anyone out there?

regardless of the debate, my patch-system worked wonders as far as not having withdrawal symptoms. i think tomorrow will be another easy 1 day quit. its continuing day after day that im worried about.

Perhaps I am mis-understanding your post. Does this say you were posting while wearing a patch? To post in a quit group you need to be nicotine free... that means all forms of nicotine including the new e-cig you just bought. Perhaps a stroll to the Welcome center is what you need. Understand what we do and how we do it.

Got drunk and started again... :angry: Wish that was the first time I heard that. You owe your group and this site an apology and an explanation. Decide you want this, I mean really want this and there are 15,000 people here that will drop everything to help you.

Posting roll for three days while wearing a patch then getting drunk and smoking isnt putting forth any real effort that would warrant these fine quitters investing time in you....

Show us what you got...

Offline woahbot

« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2013, 10:29:00 PM »

anyone out there?

Offline woahbot

« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2013, 02:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Nolaq
someone sent a private message to me asking me to get a MOD to combine this thread with my other thread. i mistakenly started 2. how do we combine them?
Done.
Thanks

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2013, 09:52:00 AM »
someone sent a private message to me asking me to get a MOD to combine this thread with my other thread. i mistakenly started 2. how do we combine them?
Done.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »
thanks for chiming in.

ive heard of the coffee thing: something about our body metabolizes coffee quicker with nicotine in our systems. so i thought it was the other way around -- no nicotine, less coffee jolt; more nicotine in system, more coffee kick.
Before I quit I would drink a pot of coffee every morning. after i quit 1 cup. If I have more than 1 cup now, I get so wired that it makes me feel sick.
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline woahbot

« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »
thanks for chiming in.

ive heard of the coffee thing: something about our body metabolizes coffee quicker with nicotine in our systems. so i thought it was the other way around -- no nicotine, less coffee jolt; more nicotine in system, more coffee kick.

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2013, 08:37:00 AM »
Quote from: Greg5280
The Caffeine / Nicotine Interaction

If you feel jittery, extra anxious or are having trouble sleeping after a few days, take a look at your caffeine consumption levels. Studies show that nicotine doubles the rate at which the body depletes caffeine and some caffeine users may find that they cannot tolerate caffeine consumption at pre-quitting levels. If you are feeling extra anxious or jittery you may want to experiment with reducing the quantity or strength of caffeinated drinks or products. If you are not having these difficulties it probably is not important to alter anything now.

There is also a nicotine/alcohol interaction. Nicotine is an alkaloid and alcohol an acid generating event within the body. When chewers drink alcohol it causes them to lose nicotine at an accelerated pace thus resulting in heavier chewing while drinking. Although the situation is similar to caffeine there is one huge difference. Alcohol makes you lose nicotine, thus being responsible for making dippers chew more when drinking.

Nicotine on the other hand interferes with the body's ability to absorb and utilize caffeine, often resulting in a person using more caffeine in order to maintain their minimum needed level. When they quit chewing and continue to consume the exact same amount of caffeine they could find themselves actually overdosing on caffeine.

So look closely at caffeine if symptoms persist longer than a few days. You donÂ’t need to get rid of it all together but just keep it in doses that will not cause unwanted effects. Your general state will likely be calmer and youÂ’ll experience a feeling of overall well-being that you should be able to maintain for the rest of your life.

STAY QUIT
Greg
Greg is an encyclopedia on the effects nicotine has on the body, and what your body goes through when quitting. He knows his shit.

My personal experience - when I was dipping, I would NEVER have a cup of coffee after 10 am. I couldn't handle it.

I noticed that over the past three years, I prefer a coffee in the afternoon and even early evening, but I have a decaf.

I also find that I don't have that early morning 'need' for a coffee. I could go with or without.

All anecdotal, I know, but that's where I'm at.

For you on Day 4, I say that is fucking fantastic! I'll also tell you, don't worry about anything but keeping nicotine out of your system. You're going to experience a lot in the next few months, but all you have to worry about is today.

Never again.

For any reason.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2013, 08:32:00 AM »
The Caffeine / Nicotine Interaction

If you feel jittery, extra anxious or are having trouble sleeping after a few days, take a look at your caffeine consumption levels. Studies show that nicotine doubles the rate at which the body depletes caffeine and some caffeine users may find that they cannot tolerate caffeine consumption at pre-quitting levels. If you are feeling extra anxious or jittery you may want to experiment with reducing the quantity or strength of caffeinated drinks or products. If you are not having these difficulties it probably is not important to alter anything now.

There is also a nicotine/alcohol interaction. Nicotine is an alkaloid and alcohol an acid generating event within the body. When chewers drink alcohol it causes them to lose nicotine at an accelerated pace thus resulting in heavier chewing while drinking. Although the situation is similar to caffeine there is one huge difference. Alcohol makes you lose nicotine, thus being responsible for making dippers chew more when drinking.

Nicotine on the other hand interferes with the body's ability to absorb and utilize caffeine, often resulting in a person using more caffeine in order to maintain their minimum needed level. When they quit chewing and continue to consume the exact same amount of caffeine they could find themselves actually overdosing on caffeine.

So look closely at caffeine if symptoms persist longer than a few days. You donÂ’t need to get rid of it all together but just keep it in doses that will not cause unwanted effects. Your general state will likely be calmer and youÂ’ll experience a feeling of overall well-being that you should be able to maintain for the rest of your life.

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline woahbot

« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2013, 08:23:00 AM »
I'm on day 4 of my quit. Yesterday was the worst its been. I think I drank 6 cups of coffee rather than my normal 1 morning-cup.

I feel so lethargic and tingly (which is -- as i hear -- a good thing) that I just want to go to sleep while suffocating a baby seal or some sort of well-liked, nearly extinct animal. I mean, the rage is still there but its accompanied by slothfulness.

Is coffee a nic trigger for everyone? or can i safely drink to keep my lethargy down and my sugar levels up?

Here's where Im at: was on patch for quite some time; quit patch; had a hard time staying nic free; started up again. Now: was on patch; stepped down; took of patch; totally nic free with the help of some pharmaceuticals, i.e. Ativan.

btw, i started the "quitting and ed" thread in here and i might as well report on that subject. although the ativan is preventing me to get a hard-on, my 4-day-nicotine-free penis is hanging lllloooowww.

Offline woahbot

« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
Thanks my brothers!

Struggling with the patch for the past month or 2 has made the past 24 hours not so bad. I may, at some point today, rip the head off of a passer-by who someone who forgets to use his turn single until he has begun turning... but i feel ok!

Thanks for the support; ill need to chat soon.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2013, 02:55:00 AM »
Don't be afraid to call out for 'help' .
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline HDsnake

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-05-13
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2013, 02:24:00 AM »
Welcome to a much better side of life and health woahbot.

I quit with you woahbot all day every day one day at a time !
HDsnake 05/13/13 @0100hrs QLF
H.O.F 08/20/13
2ND Floor 11/28/13
3RD Floor 03/08/14
1 Year 05/12/14
4TH Floor 06/16/14
5TH Floor 09/24/14
6TH Floor 01/02/15
7th Floor 04/12/15
2 years 05/12/15
8th Floor 07/21/15
9th Floor 10/29/15

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2013, 01:57:00 AM »
From one pussy patch guy to another,,,, welcome to the brotherhood of bad ass quit!
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2013, 08:37:00 PM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
You have some bad assed quitters posting advice on your intro and trying to help you... Sounds like you figured out for yourself that the patches just prolong the suffering. Only way to go is cold ass turkey which is where you are now. Post roll call and promise not to use every day, read everything on KTC, drink lots of water, work out, get fake dip, hard candy, and sunflower seeds, schedual a deep tissue massage and pay for it with the money you are not spending on poison, beat your meat, whatever you need to do to stay quit. If you open yourself to the knowledge here you will be strengthened! Never Again For Any Reason and One Day At A Time... Also building up a pathological hatred and rage for the nic bitch is a good idea! I will quit with you every day, and it gets better.
B lo that post gave me quit wood. Sorry to hjlf the post woahbot but this post is a great summary
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech