Author Topic: Just Getting Started  (Read 7130 times)

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Just Getting Started
« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2014, 09:33:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: Luby
Quote from: duathman
Quote from: kdip
Quote from: Dchogs
love your quit lately, brother.  i said it before, but it's worth saying again:  this place is better with you active and dropping knowledge on folks.

proud to be quit with you.  every day.
X2

Don't fade into the sunset Per034!!! I'll hunt ur ass down!!!
Hunt his ass down. No activity since November.
Just sent him another text, lets see if he answers me this time.
I tried a couple times around the holiday's.... crickets. Hope he's ok, and quit.
He is responding, thinks his absence for so long won't be taken kindly. Has not said but sounds like still quit...but ????
I'm here. And still quit on day 607. Thanks for checking in. I think I've replied to every text from a brother while gone. If I didn't it was not intentional. Good to check back in.
The love you get here is conditional. The condition is that you are quit.

"Every time you bump someone and dont fix it, a kitten dies" - Jost2Brown

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2014, 02:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Luby
love your quit lately, brother.  i said it before, but it's worth saying again:  this place is better with you active and dropping knowledge on folks.

X2

I tried a couple times around the holiday's.... crickets. Hope he's ok, and quit.
He is responding, thinks his absence for so long won't be taken kindly. Has not said but sounds like still quit...but ????

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2014, 02:03:00 PM »

X2

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2014, 01:41:00 PM »

X2

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2014, 01:34:00 PM »

X2

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #204 on: June 12, 2013, 02:25:00 PM »
love your quit lately, brother. i said it before, but it's worth saying again: this place is better with you active and dropping knowledge on folks.

proud to be quit with you. every day.
X2

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2013, 02:23:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: LionHeartedGirl
Quote from: Diesel2112
There's dicks on this site?
And pussies.
You got your chocolate in my peanut butter..... :o
I saw a pre-op tranny in chat once. Was scary.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »
Quote from: LionHeartedGirl
And pussies.
You got your chocolate in my peanut butter..... :o
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2013, 02:07:00 PM »
And pussies.
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline KickThisB1tch

• Quitter
  • Interests: Most sports, I absolutely love playing/watching/teaching/coaching/anything to do with baseball. Football, Basketball, Hockey, UFC, Pretty much anything.I love to work out, run and stay in shape. I am just starting to re-pickup skateboarding.I like to go to the beach with my friends, drink, pretty much as long as I can get out I'm good.Oh, and I love to play video games (xbox 360)
« Reply #199 on: June 12, 2013, 01:55:00 PM »
So well put...Love it! Version Number 1 is here to stay and I quit with you today PER!
KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON
QUIT DATE: 6/1/13

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #198 on: June 12, 2013, 01:33:00 PM »
Quote from: jake
Quote from: per034
Over the past few weeks, I’ve seen a lot of negative reaction from you about the type of hard-love given on this site. I completely understand that reaction. We’re adults. New quitters and vets alike. We’re all adults here. Your reaction is usually an emotional one. “I came here because I thought I’d be getting support, not getting screamed at by a bunch of cyber-bully dickheads. Fuck you guys – I’m an adult! I don’t need you berating me!”

And you would be right. You are an adult. And you do not need us screaming at you. But here’s the point you really need to understand – We are not screaming at you, the new quitter. We are screaming at the addict inside of you. You need to recognize – as we do now – that there are two versions of you.

Version 1 is the new quitter who came here with every intention of ridding yourself of this awful affliction we’re all dealing with. This is the version we love and respect. This is the version that receives unyielding support. This is the version that gets “quit with” by supporters on roll-call. This is the version we reply to with phrases like “you got this” and “you’re doing great” and “day x is a tremendous accomplishment – keep it up!”

Then there’s Version 2. We all have this second version of ourselves. This is the version who likes dip – who never wanted to quit dip in the first place. This is the version who wants to finger the nic bitch every chance it gets. And THIS is the version we are all dicks to. We recognize when this version comes around. He (or she) is usually cavalier in his posting. Usually questions the methods we employ on this site. Is usually overwhelmingly arrogant and – at some point – believes “I don’t really need this site anymore.”  That version of you wants to go back to nicotine. That version of you is fighting you for control over your addiction. And THAT is the version of you – and of us – that we hate.

This addiction – and our desire to eliminate it – results in a pretty significant internal struggle. This site – and the veteran support found here – is intended to help Version 1 of you defeat Version 2 of you. And yeah, sometimes (most of the times) we have to be dicks about it.

(I'm not quite sure where to post this so I'll leave it to the mods to re-classify, if necessary)
As a new guy I will say that I think most addicts need tough reality! Addicts rarely get clean by coddling. Quitting is hard, that's why we put it off! If someone on this site had the power to make a person give up with words, then the addict wasn't ready or strong enough to quit. We need to be real! And real isn't always pretty or nice. Support is great, but that comes with the truth at the same time. Its a balance! Man up and work for this!
#1 of me says thanks and I'll listen to whatever you got to say per.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
Quote from: per034
Over the past few weeks, I’ve seen a lot of negative reaction from you about the type of hard-love given on this site. I completely understand that reaction. We’re adults. New quitters and vets alike. We’re all adults here. Your reaction is usually an emotional one. “I came here because I thought I’d be getting support, not getting screamed at by a bunch of cyber-bully dickheads. Fuck you guys – I’m an adult! I don’t need you berating me!”

And you would be right. You are an adult. And you do not need us screaming at you. But here’s the point you really need to understand – We are not screaming at you, the new quitter. We are screaming at the addict inside of you. You need to recognize – as we do now – that there are two versions of you.

Version 1 is the new quitter who came here with every intention of ridding yourself of this awful affliction we’re all dealing with. This is the version we love and respect. This is the version that receives unyielding support. This is the version that gets “quit with” by supporters on roll-call. This is the version we reply to with phrases like “you got this” and “you’re doing great” and “day x is a tremendous accomplishment – keep it up!”

Then there’s Version 2. We all have this second version of ourselves. This is the version who likes dip – who never wanted to quit dip in the first place. This is the version who wants to finger the nic bitch every chance it gets. And THIS is the version we are all dicks to. We recognize when this version comes around. He (or she) is usually cavalier in his posting. Usually questions the methods we employ on this site. Is usually overwhelmingly arrogant and – at some point – believes “I don’t really need this site anymore.” That version of you wants to go back to nicotine. That version of you is fighting you for control over your addiction. And THAT is the version of you – and of us – that we hate.

This addiction – and our desire to eliminate it – results in a pretty significant internal struggle. This site – and the veteran support found here – is intended to help Version 1 of you defeat Version 2 of you. And yeah, sometimes (most of the times) we have to be dicks about it.

(I'm not quite sure where to post this so I'll leave it to the mods to re-classify, if necessary)
As a new guy I will say that I think most addicts need tough reality! Addicts rarely get clean by coddling. Quitting is hard, that's why we put it off! If someone on this site had the power to make a person give up with words, then the addict wasn't ready or strong enough to quit. We need to be real! And real isn't always pretty or nice. Support is great, but that comes with the truth at the same time. Its a balance! Man up and work for this!

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #196 on: June 12, 2013, 01:23:00 PM »
'worship'

Perfectly Stated.

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
« Reply #195 on: June 12, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »
An Open Letter to New Quitters
Why are we dicks?

Then there’s Version 2. We all have this second version of ourselves. This is the version who likes dip – who never wanted to quit dip in the first place. This is the version who wants to finger the nic bitch every chance it gets. And THIS is the version we are all dicks to. We recognize when this version comes around. He (or she) is usually cavalier in his posting. Usually questions the methods we employ on this site. Is usually overwhelmingly arrogant and – at some point – believes “I don’t really need this site anymore.” That version of you wants to go back to nicotine. That version of you is fighting you for control over your addiction. And THAT is the version of you – and of us – that we hate.

The love you get here is conditional. The condition is that you are quit.

"Every time you bump someone and dont fix it, a kitten dies" - Jost2Brown