Author Topic: My Journey Starts Now!  (Read 7392 times)

Offline kerbycl9

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/9/2019
  • Likes Given: 33
Re: My Journey Starts Now!
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2019, 09:27:06 PM »
I enjoyed reading your story Rick.  Work is a trigger for me as well.  Let me know if you need any help. 
"You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do."
"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right."
Henry Ford

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
"A good plan violently executed right now is far better than a perfect plan executed next week."
George S. Patton

My Intro

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1614
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 07:41:30 PM »
Thank you Chris, holy shit I feel like less of a man today, how can this be so hard? Good News is I have some Cowboy Coffee Chew on order. I figured I would give it a shot as I have been having very little coffee since my Quit. Hope it helps a little.

A lot of guys like the grinds.  I personally never tried them.  Hope they help for you. 

For your listening pleasure Thunderstruck - Hillbilly Style
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/19
  • Likes Given: 224
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2019, 07:28:42 PM »
Thank you Chris, holy shit I feel like less of a man today, how can this be so hard? Good News is I have some Cowboy Coffee Chew on order. I figured I would give it a shot as I have been having very little coffee since my Quit. Hope it helps a little.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2019, 07:03:50 PM »
Day 7!

Well it has been a week, and I have learned some stuff!!

First off today fucking sucked, it started well, but by mid day I was a total dick to myself. Head hurts, and the cravings are bad, I need to get some fake dip I think, something I can put in and may trick the Nic Bitch.. This morning I stopped to get gas at a store that is just gas pumps and a little "Hut" so no way can I cave.

Mid Day I wanted nothing more to say Fuck it and go to the Store. Long story but Work has turned into hell for me, Boss is pissed off for no other reason because I was asked to take over for 6.5 months when he became ill, I'm the only person in our small 4 person office that gives a shit about our customers and the company.. Well today I got a lead on a new job, and I am fully looking into it.

On my way home I wanted to hit a store, but no way in hell. I got my youngest from Daycare, came home and got my oldest off the bus, they are setting up a game for us to play now, and I can relax, clear my head and finish today's battle!

Never Quit the Quit Brothers! Remember we lived life before Dip and we will live it Without it. Nicotine should not be legal!

Way to stay strong Rick.  Enjoy that game with your kids, sounds like the best way to wrap up a day to me.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

chris2alaska

Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2019, 04:46:30 PM »
Day 7!

Well it has been a week, and I have learned some stuff!!

First off today fucking sucked, it started well, but by mid day I was a total dick to myself. Head hurts, and the cravings are bad, I need to get some fake dip I think, something I can put in and may trick the Nic Bitch.. This morning I stopped to get gas at a store that is just gas pumps and a little "Hut" so no way can I cave.

Mid Day I wanted nothing more to say Fuck it and go to the Store. Long story but Work has turned into hell for me, Boss is pissed off for no other reason because I was asked to take over for 6.5 months when he became ill, I'm the only person in our small 4 person office that gives a shit about our customers and the company.. Well today I got a lead on a new job, and I am fully looking into it.

On my way home I wanted to hit a store, but no way in hell. I got my youngest from Daycare, came home and got my oldest off the bus, they are setting up a game for us to play now, and I can relax, clear my head and finish today's battle!

Never Quit the Quit Brothers! Remember we lived life before Dip and we will live it Without it. Nicotine should not be legal!

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 07:00:43 PM »
Day 4 & 5!

So the Wife and I were surprised with a Saturday Night all alone as my Mom took the Girls for the night. We haven't had a night to ourselves for a loooong time. Daughters are 8 & 4. So I didn't get my post in like I wanted.

Yesterday was an ok day, last night was Awesome! Nice dinner, a little gaming then we settled down with some Wine and Watched a few shows together that lasted til 2am! It was nice talking with and hanging out with the Wife without my Girls even though we missed them like crazy! One thing I didn't miss was packing a dip! For a few hours I felt free and it felt great!

Up and at them early at 5am, did some cleaning, had coffee and breakfast in bed, and I figured now was a good time to post. I am a little worried about tomorrow heading into work for the first time since I started my Quit. Work is slow this time of the year as I work in an HVAC Supply House and we are geared more toward A/C & Refrigeration and not a lot of heating. It will be a good test and I have the digits to some great Supporters and I don't want to let anyone down. I'm not going to think anymore about tomorrow, as I want to enjoy today, and that free feeling I have!

Proud to quit with you all today! ODAAT EDD!

Before I go, My May Brother in the Quit AW, Thank you for your Service Brother, thank you for fighting for our Freedom! Same goes to any other member out there that has served this Great Country, Be it Military or Public Service. You have my Respect, Love and Honor! See you all later!

This site really is amazing, it will save your life if you follow the Brotherhood + Accountability = Success principles, but honestly, more importantly, it will make life worth living again.

See, right now you are fighting and all of your energy is part of winning that minute by minute, second by second fight that your mind is trying to get you to give in to... but Rick, it gets easier with time.  You know that, as you've stopped before.  Stopping can be done by anyone, but quitting... quitting takes a real winner.  It takes a commitment to yourself and others that you will win together.  That you won't let your team down.  It takes a mindset, like a football team, that even when you are beaten up and it is 110 degrees outside, you will not stop playing your damnedest to win for your brothers.  It takes fear, and humility - fear of having to call a brother that you've fought side by side with and admit that y "hey fuck you man... I decided to cave", and humility to know that, as tough as you are, dude you need help with this.  And the help is here in spades for the taking.

There cannot be just one.  There can't be a celebration puff on a cigar.  There can't be a hit of a vape pipe.  You are an addict.  And some of the brightest, hardest working, most dedicated and honest people I've ever met are addicts - right here on KTC.  So, you are joining a very esteemed group of guys (and some girls too) who, like you, spit thousands (probably tens of thousands) of dollars away in some empty bottle.  We can't change that past, but we can own where we are going from here.  And I promise you that the pride and freedom that you will feel after this funk disappears will be one of the brightest periods in your life. 

It is an honor to quit with you today, Rick.

Thank you Worktowin, The daily battle is almost done, it was tough and I feel really funny today, Head is light, Face feels funny, chest is tight, Wife thinks I am having a Stroke haha.

Day 6

First Full Day back to Work, The drive in was a little weird. Jumped in my truck and noticed I still had a spit bottle in the cup holder. I drove to the same store where I have so many times walked into early in the morning and buy a Chocolate Milk and 2 Cans of Cope Long cut or Grizzly Dark wintergreen... Today was different, I grabbed that bottle and a couple of empty cans from the console and tossed them in the trash, I walked to the wall and grabbed a couple of A&W Rootbeers and 2 bags of seeds. I walked out spending $5 and change.. Damn that's different.

On the way into work, Thomas Rhett comes on the Country station singing about being 16 in his F150, the Buzzing on a can of Grizzly Wintergreen.. I kind of laugh and turn the channel.

Felt kind of weird driving in, almost like I was outside of my head. Work started ok, had some coffee, and then water. About 8 I start really feeling weird, My head was light, My face felt funny. I have some seeds, and some water and took a short walk to the mailbox, fought these feelings all day.

On the ride home I was in between of being outside of my head and me telling the Nic Bitch to try harder because I am winning this. The best part of today was me Texting my May Brother AWright and making sure he was good, and to let him know I am feeling like shit, and of course all the other guys that are sending text, I mean this Bro's you guys are the best and those text came just at the right time. I thank God for leading me to this site.

Well fellow Quitters, The day is almost done here, few more hours and I will be in bed. We have almost won today's battle.... I'm Proud to Quit with you all today! ODAAT, EDD

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2019, 03:47:11 PM »
Day 4 & 5!

So the Wife and I were surprised with a Saturday Night all alone as my Mom took the Girls for the night. We haven't had a night to ourselves for a loooong time. Daughters are 8 & 4. So I didn't get my post in like I wanted.

Yesterday was an ok day, last night was Awesome! Nice dinner, a little gaming then we settled down with some Wine and Watched a few shows together that lasted til 2am! It was nice talking with and hanging out with the Wife without my Girls even though we missed them like crazy! One thing I didn't miss was packing a dip! For a few hours I felt free and it felt great!

Up and at them early at 5am, did some cleaning, had coffee and breakfast in bed, and I figured now was a good time to post. I am a little worried about tomorrow heading into work for the first time since I started my Quit. Work is slow this time of the year as I work in an HVAC Supply House and we are geared more toward A/C & Refrigeration and not a lot of heating. It will be a good test and I have the digits to some great Supporters and I don't want to let anyone down. I'm not going to think anymore about tomorrow, as I want to enjoy today, and that free feeling I have!

Before I go, My May Brother in the Quit AW, Thank you for your Service Brother, thank you for fighting for our Freedom! Same goes to any other member out there that has served this Great Country, Be it Military or Public Service. You have my Respect, Love and Honor! See you all later!

This site really is amazing, it will save your life if you follow the Brotherhood + Accountability = Success principles, but honestly, more importantly, it will make life worth living again.

See, right now you are fighting and all of your energy is part of winning that minute by minute, second by second fight that your mind is trying to get you to give in to... but Rick, it gets easier with time.  You know that, as you've stopped before.  Stopping can be done by anyone, but quitting... quitting takes a real winner.  It takes a commitment to yourself and others that you will win together.  That you won't let your team down.  It takes a mindset, like a football team, that even when you are beaten up and it is 110 degrees outside, you will not stop playing your damnedest to win for your brothers.  It takes fear, and humility - fear of having to call a brother that you've fought side by side with and admit that y "hey fuck you man... I decided to cave", and humility to know that, as tough as you are, dude you need help with this.  And the help is here in spades for the taking.

There cannot be just one.  There can't be a celebration puff on a cigar.  There can't be a hit of a vape pipe.  You are an addict.  And some of the brightest, hardest working, most dedicated and honest people I've ever met are addicts - right here on KTC.  So, you are joining a very esteemed group of guys (and some girls too) who, like you, spit thousands (probably tens of thousands) of dollars away in some empty bottle.  We can't change that past, but we can own where we are going from here.  And I promise you that the pride and freedom that you will feel after this funk disappears will be one of the brightest periods in your life. 

It is an honor to quit with you today, Rick. 

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2019, 08:00:39 AM »
Day 4 & 5!

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2019, 10:39:24 AM »
Day 3 (I missed posting on the 25th)

The suck is real. I have many Brothers send me text, I honestly love getting them. If I don't respond or if it takes awhile I am sorry, been trying to stay busy. I do appreciate them and all of you taking the time to send them.

So I was home sick with the little one again yesterday. Day 2 was much of the same, but on Day 3 my Head was screaming, my body ached, my chest was tight. I did have a cup of coffee, something I was a little worried about as that use to be my prime time to have a dip.. But I made it through. A few times I had to walk outside and take a few short walks just to clear my head as I didn't want to take my anger out on my Sweet 4 year old.. It's not her fault her Dad is a Monster, she was not even thought of when I started dipping 20+ Years ago..

I was super worried last night at around 8:45 as my Buddy and I broadcast Nascar Races from a Sim called iRacing. We do them to Youtube and hell, for that 2 to 3 hours I would normally go through a half tin, Put one in for 5 minutes, Spit it out, reload 2 or 3 minutes later, not small one, I'm talking hognuts. Last night was tough but with some bubble gum and hard candy I made it through.

I'm sure a lot of you may have seen the Movie or read the book titled Lone Survivor. Marcus talks about his escape down the mountain, Much like here, he talked about wanting to Quit, but on life. He was wounded, Lost all his brothers, he said he made a line in the dirt and crawled to it, once he passed it, he drew another, and another.

That's what we need to do Brothers & Sisters. Draw that line, Move to it, and draw another. Break that day down by Day, Hours, Minutes, hell Seconds if that is what you need to do. Don't feel ashamed, Nicotine is truly a Bitch! I don't get how it is legal.. All over the radio we hear how it is bad, how they want people to quit, they don't get how hard it is.. Honestly it should be banned.

I posted I was on Day 5 earlier in my Roll.. My mind is not where it use to be, but I know it will get better.

Gaming is a huge trigger for me. Most of the Day I was able to game as my daughter slept off her cold. My head hurt, mouth was dry, one thing I have noticed so far is my Breath don't smell like shit in the morning, and my gums are feeling good.

I will post again tonight as it's the weekend and it's bound to be tough, I just wanted to catch up from Yesterday.

Thank you to all the members that have messaged me with digits and support. It means a lot. I know have a May brother and together we are going to get it done!

Remember everyone, The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. #TeamNeverQuit (The Quit)

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 03:37:18 PM »
Day 2

First I want to say thank you, to everyone that took the time to welcome me, share stories, digits, and the support.

Here I am on day 2. Over 24 hours free from the tin. I slept like shit last night, not only because of the lack of dip, but because my daughter was coughing all night.

I like many have tried to quit many times, I know what I will be dealing with, but waking up this morning, instead of reaching for my tin, I grabbed my phone, Signed into Roll, and had a glass of ice water. My gut hurt, my head felt like a brick was sitting on it and I was tired as hell. I am lucky for the support of my Wife, and with us being in a good place, I called out to work as I knew she was busy to stay home with our daughter.

I have issues at work, and I know they trigger the Dip Monster, being home with my Sick Daughter today has made things easy. Every where I read it talks of triggers, I know work is one of them. I use to think working in the garage, or garden, or out on the lawn was a trigger, but then I think back to Summer and remember my Wife telling me how proud she was of me, because I wouldn't have a dip all weekend while working in our yard.

My Wife and I have been talking about me being a stay at home dad, I have an issue with it because of the way I was raised. Being 2019 I am well over the fact my wife makes more than me, but me not working is something I can't imagine.

I want to thank the Brothers that checked in with me with support this morning via text, it means a lot and today was one of those easy days. Even my 4 year old looked at me today and said something that both melted my heart and made me scared as hell she said "Daddy, You don't the dip anymore?" I said No honey, Daddy is doing the Quit today, she said "I'm happy for you Daddy, I love you"

Stress is one thing that is a huge contributor to our addiction, Good paying Jobs are hard to find in VT and I have one now, but maybe it is time to think of something new. I know for a fact that if I passed today, My Job would have my position online before my Wife had my Obituary. I may be looking at another stay home day tomorrow, so maybe I will see Monday how it goes.

Anyway, Thank you all again for the amazing Welcome and Support. I was able to go to the store today, grab a pack of seeds and 4 pouches of Big League Chew (Bubble Gum) I would suggest everyone to buy stock in those companies as I will be buying a lot. Nic Bitch is being easy on me today, but I know she is just hiding and waiting, but today I am enjoying the Quit feeling and not having a disgusting bottle or Mudjug that I need to worry about filling, spilling or emptying.. Well the Mudjug is full of shells from the seeds.

I am not sure how long I want to do the seeds, On the KTC page I see a lot of the fake dips, which I have a hard time finding around VT, have any of you used them? What do you suggest? 

Until tomorrow, Stay Strong Brothers & Sisters. We are in this together, and even being new here, I want to say, If you need me message me, because we are better then the Nic Bitch and we have this!

Rick Jr

Hey Rick,

I'm glad today is an easy day.  As you know, they will not all be that way.  Some of them are going to down right suck.  I love the comment your daughter made to you.  That, right there, is the big win today.  It is good she knows what dip is so that you can teach her to stay the fuck away from it and any other nicotine products.
Man, I wish I could be a stay at home dad.  Maybe you could look into some part time positions that might be scheduled around your wife's work so no daycare would be needed.
Anyway, you'r doing great.  Keep up the documentation in here. You will refer back to this page often during your quit journey.

Prepare yourself for the weekend.  Keep your resources close.

Proud to quit with you,

Chris

Brian Dive

Roy T. Bennett

wastepanel

chris2alaska

Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 02:33:53 PM »
Day 2

First I want to say thank you, to everyone that took the time to welcome me, share stories, digits, and the support.

Here I am on day 2. Over 24 hours free from the tin. I slept like shit last night, not only because of the lack of dip, but because my daughter was coughing all night.

I like many have tried to quit many times, I know what I will be dealing with, but waking up this morning, instead of reaching for my tin, I grabbed my phone, Signed into Roll, and had a glass of ice water. My gut hurt, my head felt like a brick was sitting on it and I was tired as hell. I am lucky for the support of my Wife, and with us being in a good place, I called out to work as I knew she was busy to stay home with our daughter.

I have issues at work, and I know they trigger the Dip Monster, being home with my Sick Daughter today has made things easy. Every where I read it talks of triggers, I know work is one of them. I use to think working in the garage, or garden, or out on the lawn was a trigger, but then I think back to Summer and remember my Wife telling me how proud she was of me, because I wouldn't have a dip all weekend while working in our yard.

My Wife and I have been talking about me being a stay at home dad, I have an issue with it because of the way I was raised. Being 2019 I am well over the fact my wife makes more than me, but me not working is something I can't imagine.

I want to thank the Brothers that checked in with me with support this morning via text, it means a lot and today was one of those easy days. Even my 4 year old looked at me today and said something that both melted my heart and made me scared as hell she said "Daddy, You don't the dip anymore?" I said No honey, Daddy is doing the Quit today, she said "I'm happy for you Daddy, I love you"

Stress is one thing that is a huge contributor to our addiction, Good paying Jobs are hard to find in VT and I have one now, but maybe it is time to think of something new. I know for a fact that if I passed today, My Job would have my position online before my Wife had my Obituary. I may be looking at another stay home day tomorrow, so maybe I will see Monday how it goes.

Anyway, Thank you all again for the amazing Welcome and Support. I was able to go to the store today, grab a pack of seeds and 4 pouches of Big League Chew (Bubble Gum) I would suggest everyone to buy stock in those companies as I will be buying a lot. Nic Bitch is being easy on me today, but I know she is just hiding and waiting, but today I am enjoying the Quit feeling and not having a disgusting bottle or Mudjug that I need to worry about filling, spilling or emptying.. Well the Mudjug is full of shells from the seeds.

I am not sure how long I want to do the seeds, On the KTC page I see a lot of the fake dips, which I have a hard time finding around VT, have any of you used them? What do you suggest? 

Until tomorrow, Stay Strong Brothers & Sisters. We are in this together, and even being new here, I want to say, If you need me message me, because we are better then the Nic Bitch and we have this!

Rick Jr
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 02:36:21 PM by Rick Jr »

Offline mayfly

• Quitter
  • You're either quit or you're not
    • My Intro
  • Quit Date: 08/28/2021
  • Likes Given: 192
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 11:16:30 PM »
Hi all, My name is Rick, or Junior. I'm from Vermont, 40 Years old, Great Wife, 2 beautiful Daughters, and I'm a Dipper of 20+ Years.

My Parents smoke, ever since I was a kid I hated it, the smell, the act, being around it.. I swore I would never Smoke. We moved from one town to another when I was 14, Out of the "City" and into the Country. All my new friends lived on a farm or at least worked on one. One day when I was 15 my buddy and I were doing field work, plowing getting everything ready for the planting season. We started our day like every other day. It was a Friday, we were off from School, we stopped to the store and bought 2 24 packs of Coke.. And we worked and Drank. Saturday morning I woke up puking up blood, off to the doctors to find out Coke was eating my Stomach, I had to quit drinking it. Two days later my buddy had the same issue with the same result.. We tried Water, Pepsi, Water with Lemon, Coffee, nothing worked.. Then an old timer saw us at the store, asked if we needed our daily Coke... We told him no, but asked what else he had that would keep us awake..

Our first pouch of Redman at 15.. The Buzz was great!! We then switched to Grizzly, then came Senior Year.. in 1997 I somehow quit dipping after 3 years hiding it in School. As I grew up I figured it would be good to get in a Trade. Hello HVAC! I was 20 years old.. Working on a roof with an old "Vet" of the trade, again it was summer and we were sweating up on a roof. He offered me a Pinch, thinking it would be funny to watch the new guy boot all over the roof.. Awww The Buzz was Great!! One can would last a Month, then 3 weeks, 2 weeks, a week then a day.

Met the girl of my dreams fresh after quitting drinking, I was a fifth a night guy, 30 rack if the liquor was gone.. I was dry 6 years when I met her.. Now I can have a drink now and again, have 3..stop.. I can drink anything but Tequila.. I figured "If I can quit Drinking, I can do anything"

Joke was on me. I have tried Gum, Patches, Seeds, Fake Dip you name it, went a year once.. then had a bad day, was buying a coffee, my wallet was in the wrong pocket.. The one with the old trusty Dip Ring.. Put my coffee down and heard myself say "And a Can of Copenhagen Long Cut please."

The questions from my Daughters, the bad breath, the needing a Pinch as soon as I wake up, making that special trip because I only have half a tin and worrying about running out, even if we are getting a foot of snow and it's -20 degrees out..  My Boss got sick this summer, was out for 6 months.. 1 tin a day was turning into 2.. I would put a pinch in for 10 minutes, spit it out and 2 minutes later be packing an new one. Yesterday I decided I have had enough.. Today at 8am I took my last pinch, skipped getting a coffee because I didn't want to buy dip.. I bought 2 on Tuesday and again fished my last tin this Morning at 8am.. Made it to 10:30am before I told my Boss "I'll be right back" Off to the drug store I picked up some Nicotine Gum and some seeds.

I have tried everything, Seeds, Fake Dip, Fake Dip with Nicotine, Gum, Patches, Hard Candy... But I never stuck with it, because I was not doing it for me, It was always my Grandma, My Parents, My Wife, My Daughters.. Spent tons of Money on stuff that didn't work... Well I am trying it again, and I am reaching out to all of you. In the past I would tell everyone I was done. Today I am telling you, God, and myself, I will let the others figure it out, ok I told the Wife too, so she knows why I will be grumpy, going to bed at weird hours etc.

My Name is Rick, or Junior... I was a dipper, but today I am Quit.

I would like to say sorry to everyone here in advance, for my long post and rants. Together we got this, I do feel less of a Man, not being able to just stop.. But I am ready.
Best decision you have ever made, for sure!  Love the intro, you got it man.  Here we give our promise everyday to our brothers that we will remain free of nicotine just for that day.  Break your day down from hours>minutes>seconds if you need to but if you sign roll you have made that decision to stay quit for that day.  Make it to the next day and rinse and repeat. 

This site is so badass, so many cool areas.  The most important is your posting roll everyday in May.  Don't miss it, it is sacred to me and I am always up there posting as soon as the board rolls over at 12am est.  I also like the Intros.  Keep a journal so you can remember what a dumbass you were for using for all those years.  Get educated on addiction too. You will catch yourself sometimes thinking like an addict but knowing how you use to think is an advantage to staying quit.  Own your quit, live it and remind yourself everyday that you are stronger than a dead groundup plant.  You make the decision everyday to quit, remember that.  No one else but we will qlf with you edd!!!  Most important of all is get to know some of us.  Trade your digits with your group members and vets alike.  There is some real wisdom here on this site and I am so grateful that I found ktc.   It has changed me in a really good way in the past month. 

Half-assed effort only gives half-assed results

Cravings are like March madness...survive and advance-Bgbdbrd

There are two types of quitters on KTC. Those who post every damn day no matter what. They could survive a plane crash 50 miles from Nome Alaska and would kill a polar bear with a pocket knife, write their days quit on ice with its blood, snap a pic with their cell phone and text it to Drome. Then there are those who always have an excuse not to post or to post late. -bicycleptic

Offline EnuffSnuff

• Quitter
  • What are you waiting for? Quit already!
  • Quit Date: 01/06/19
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 10:45:09 PM »
Hi all, My name is Rick, or Junior. I'm from Vermont, 40 Years old, Great Wife, 2 beautiful Daughters, and I'm a Dipper of 20+ Years.

My Parents smoke, ever since I was a kid I hated it, the smell, the act, being around it.. I swore I would never Smoke. We moved from one town to another when I was 14, Out of the "City" and into the Country. All my new friends lived on a farm or at least worked on one. One day when I was 15 my buddy and I were doing field work, plowing getting everything ready for the planting season. We started our day like every other day. It was a Friday, we were off from School, we stopped to the store and bought 2 24 packs of Coke.. And we worked and Drank. Saturday morning I woke up puking up blood, off to the doctors to find out Coke was eating my Stomach, I had to quit drinking it. Two days later my buddy had the same issue with the same result.. We tried Water, Pepsi, Water with Lemon, Coffee, nothing worked.. Then an old timer saw us at the store, asked if we needed our daily Coke... We told him no, but asked what else he had that would keep us awake..

Our first pouch of Redman at 15.. The Buzz was great!! We then switched to Grizzly, then came Senior Year.. in 1997 I somehow quit dipping after 3 years hiding it in School. As I grew up I figured it would be good to get in a Trade. Hello HVAC! I was 20 years old.. Working on a roof with an old "Vet" of the trade, again it was summer and we were sweating up on a roof. He offered me a Pinch, thinking it would be funny to watch the new guy boot all over the roof.. Awww The Buzz was Great!! One can would last a Month, then 3 weeks, 2 weeks, a week then a day.

Met the girl of my dreams fresh after quitting drinking, I was a fifth a night guy, 30 rack if the liquor was gone.. I was dry 6 years when I met her.. Now I can have a drink now and again, have 3..stop.. I can drink anything but Tequila.. I figured "If I can quit Drinking, I can do anything"

Joke was on me. I have tried Gum, Patches, Seeds, Fake Dip you name it, went a year once.. then had a bad day, was buying a coffee, my wallet was in the wrong pocket.. The one with the old trusty Dip Ring.. Put my coffee down and heard myself say "And a Can of Copenhagen Long Cut please."

The questions from my Daughters, the bad breath, the needing a Pinch as soon as I wake up, making that special trip because I only have half a tin and worrying about running out, even if we are getting a foot of snow and it's -20 degrees out..  My Boss got sick this summer, was out for 6 months.. 1 tin a day was turning into 2.. I would put a pinch in for 10 minutes, spit it out and 2 minutes later be packing an new one. Yesterday I decided I have had enough.. Today at 8am I took my last pinch, skipped getting a coffee because I didn't want to buy dip.. I bought 2 on Tuesday and again fished my last tin this Morning at 8am.. Made it to 10:30am before I told my Boss "I'll be right back" Off to the drug store I picked up some Nicotine Gum and some seeds.

I have tried everything, Seeds, Fake Dip, Fake Dip with Nicotine, Gum, Patches, Hard Candy... But I never stuck with it, because I was not doing it for me, It was always my Grandma, My Parents, My Wife, My Daughters.. Spent tons of Money on stuff that didn't work... Well I am trying it again, and I am reaching out to all of you. In the past I would tell everyone I was done. Today I am telling you, God, and myself, I will let the others figure it out, ok I told the Wife too, so she knows why I will be grumpy, going to bed at weird hours etc.

My Name is Rick, or Junior... I was a dipper, but today I am Quit.

I would like to say sorry to everyone here in advance, for my long post and rants. Together we got this, I do feel less of a Man, not being able to just stop.. But I am ready.

Rick, you’ve got this. I’m just under 20 days into my quit, but it has been a profound difference in my quality of life. I still have a ways to go, but the quit brothers you will meet and make here at this site will be what gets you through it. Trust in others to hold you accountable. Damn glad to see you here and proud to quit with you. You made the most important step of your quit...doing it. Now just wake up, piss, post and repeat. If you need digits, send me a PM. I’m glad to help you through a rough spot or motivate you if you need it. Got about 10 sets of digits I lean on from time to time myself to keep the cave craves at bay.
The only right way to quit is today.

My Intro

Floors Visited...1, 2, 3, 4

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 07:41:53 PM »
I'd think you less of a man if you didn't quit, if you remained a blind slave.  Takes a real man to be an active participant in his life, to alter the course, to not drift aimlessly like a log in the current but the captain of your own boat, upstream, against the wind and the current.  Hooah. I say you have large bronze testicles that clang when you walk.
Educate yourself against what you're up against; it's addiction.  No easy way around that. To deny it is to fail.
Quitting with you today!

Thank you Brother as I needed that. It will be a long road as we all know, but together we can do anything. Today I Quit with you.

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 07:40:10 PM »
You just made one of the best decisions of your life, Junior, welcome to KTC.  No apologies for rants or long posts - this intro thread is all yours to post your thoughts, to pose questions, to celebrate milestones. 

This is going to be a road filled with potholes and bumps, but it will be a journey that can change your life if you let it.  Read everything you can on these boards - Intro's, HOF speeches... the Facts and Figures section of the main site here >> https://www.killthecan.org/facts-figures/ has really great information.  Understand your enemy - this addiction you and I and all of us here share - and it will be a lot easier to slay. 

You can do this.

Thank you Brother, I am ready for me. Today I Quit with you!