Author Topic: Want to quit.  (Read 473 times)

Offline bJA

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Want to quit.
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 10:05:00 PM »
what a great thread . . I love this site. QUIT!

Offline nicofiend

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
LongBlackTrain: WELCOME ABOARD THE QUITTERS TRAIN!!!! 1. POST ROLL DAILY 2. KEEP YOUR PROMISE I WILL NOT DIP TODAY!! 3. REPEAT Nico

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 02:46:00 AM »
Alright, let me share a couple of things with you there buckaroo:
I fear you are looking for a support group to understand your problem, tell you its not your fault, and be sympathetic to you....If so, then you are in the wrong place brother! You have stumbled upon a site for MEN! You have to sackup and fight this bitch like your life depends upon it...because it does! We will accept nothing but SUCCESS! If you come here and give your word that you will not use nicotene then we will take you as a man of your word. But Dont even think of fucking lying to us!!! Be a man of your word, post roll EVERYDAY, and BE quit...We dont try, hope, think we can..We are QUIT! Now post up, get your quit on, and watch the days add up.

MOA

Offline BTM99

• Quitter
  • Interests: St. Louis Cardinals and St. Louis BluesGolfMizzou
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 12:41:00 AM »
Quote from: LongBlackTrain
Great guys thanks, I will do this and continue to update everyone on my progress.
Maybe I am interpreting this wrong, but 'we' do not expect or accept periodic, random updates.

Get commited, and get in here daily. Let posting roll be the first thing you do when you wake instead of throwing in that dip first thing in the morning.

We are commited to your quit, so long as you are dedicated.

I wish 18 year old 'me' had the good sense that you are exhibiting.

We are going to hold you accountable whether you like it or not.

Quitting with you today.

Offline LongBlackTrain

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 11:33:00 PM »
Great guys thanks, I will do this and continue to update everyone on my progress.

Offline dante

• Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
3) Tired of hiding it from a lot of people. My parents and some of my friends know I dip, but thats it. Tired of hiding it from the people I work with, girls, other family members, other friends, etc.
I hid my addiction from my own wife for a long time, about 2.5 years. Every day during that time I lost a little bit of self respect. This is behavior that is symptomatic of an addict. Admit to yourself that you are addicted and then you can really begin your quit!
Btw, I have one dip left in my can, this can I want to call my last, but I don't know if I can.
This should read "This IS my last can, and I flushed what was left of it. I will not dip today" Make that mental shift, post roll and keep your word. Do that and I will quit with you today. Tomorrow looks good too, but just get through today!
Quit Date: May 10, 2011

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
Btw, I have one dip left in my can, this can I want to call my last, but I don't know if I can.
You can do this.

Give your word.

Keep your word.

Check your (Inbox 1) upper right corner of your screen.

P.S. You are not alone.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
I have used for over 30 years. I started somewhere around 10-12 yrs old. If I can quit one day at a time, you can too. I would give anything to have quit back when I was 18. Imagine 25 more years of worrying about cancer (or getting it), hiding from family and friends, feeling like a failure every time you have to feed your addiction. That's where I was 109 days ago.

How does it all happen? It happens with a decision and a promise. The decision is not to use nicotine in any form today, just today. Then post roll, this is your promise not to use to the rest of us that you will not use for today. Keep your word. Tomorrow wake up and make the same promise over again. You can do anything for just one day, right? Good, keep that frame of mind and you will beat this.

Flush your remaining stash and head over to the September 2011 quit group : index.php?showtopic=4751

And post a day 1

How to post roll: index.php?showtopic=50

Make the decision, and make the promise

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 09:31:00 PM »
Well if you don't know, I can answer--you won't quit.

Quit now, 5 great reasons
1) I've saved at least 500 dollars since I said g'bye to the grizz
2) The word cancer doesn't send me into a panic like it does to an active dipper--either I get cancer or I don't but I ain't promoting it today by using the grizz
3) I have confidence and open honesty in dealing with others now after being a closet dipper for most of 15 years
4) Man I have alot of time to just enjoy life around me without having to sneak off for a dip, or miss an event that wasn't dip friendly
5) a meteor may fall from the sky and kill me tonight, and I may die because of my dipping but I'm getting healthier every day that the poison is away from me

You can quit with me today. Post roll in September and take control of your life
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
Welcome. Get comfy, sit back and watch the helP come. Then listen to and Pply what you are told.

Offline LongBlackTrain

Want to quit.
« on: June 01, 2011, 09:12:00 PM »
Hello, I just found this site while searching for ways to quit using smokeless tobacco on google. I guess I'll start off by saying that I have been dipping for 3 years now. I started off dipping small ammounts, you know maybe like a can a week for the first couple of months. That turned into a can every say 2 days, which lasted even longer. Then a little over a year ago I started doing a can a day, everyday..and the worst part about it is that I can only do huge dips because I dont feel good enough unless they are huge, and that only allows me like 3 dips per can. Unless I bum dips off my friends then I'll dip up to like 10 times a day.. I only dip Grizzly Wintergreen, I used to dip Grizzly mint but I got tired of it and switched to wintergreen. I guess the biggest reasons I want to quit are:

1) Grizz w-longcut here is $2.40 a can, I buy a can a day so I'm spending basically $17 a week on it, $67 a month, and $806 a year. WOW, just calculating that right now makes me feel like an idiot. I'm paying to kill myself.

2) Tired of worrying about cancer. Every little bump or sore in my mouth I immediately think its cancer and freak myself out.

3) Tired of hiding it from a lot of people. My parents and some of my friends know I dip, but thats it. Tired of hiding it from the people I work with, girls, other family members, other friends, etc. Just being ashamed of it period.

4) Tired of planning my day around when I can dip.

5) High blood pressure and other heart problems run in my family, so dipping doesnt help my future chances of not having a heart problem at all.

-Well, not a super long intro but I forgot to say im 18, and uhh even though I know I havnt been dipping for as long a some people on here, I know I am addicted and I have to much life ahead of me and I dont want to ruin it because of a stupid plant in a can.