Author Topic: Want to but cannot  (Read 439 times)

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 650
Re: Want to but cannot
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 02:40:00 PM »
shit man "cant" aint in old dromes dickshunary. throw that word out. can and will. one day at a time. hell 5 minits at a time. you can not dip for 5 minits rite? you can do it for a day. cuz you gave your word and that means some thing rite? just make your promiss in the mornin and keep your word and there aint no thinkin bout dippin cuz you promissed. you only gotta think bout it once in the a.m. am i gonna be a quiterer today or not? if so i will make that promiss and keep my word.

you lissen to old drome man. im gonna be quittin with you evry day for quite some time.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 02:19:00 PM »
I see you've posted roll a couple times. Hopefully your attitude is changing.

Nicotine is almost completely out of your system. Once that happens, quitting is 100% mental.

Post roll daily. Make your promise. Keep your word.

That's the formula. It's worked for me, a 24 year addict who thought he could never quit. I've been making and keeping my promise for 648 days. I'll make a new promise tomorrow. It all happens one day at a time!

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • January '18 F.U.R.Y. Council
  • Quit Date: 9/29/17 And Every Damn Day Since
  • Likes Given: 2887
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 04:40:00 PM »
Quote from: thepegasus
I want to quit but I cannot.. Nicotine is so powerful... I cant overpower it.. I failed 10-12 times in last few years....

Really I want to but I really dont believe I can....
You are correct, with that attitude you canÂ’t.

When you decide you WANT to quit, come back. KTC works as long as you follow through and are willing to commit to your quit. KTC doesnÂ’t ask you to quit forever. Hell IÂ’m 30 days in and that still makes me panic. I promised my brothers and sisters that I would quit for one day. Today. IÂ’m going to keep that promise. Tomorrow, IÂ’ll do it again.

No one here is going to blow smoke and tell you itÂ’s easy. ItÂ’s not. ItÂ’s going to absolutely suck; at least in the beginning. Everyone here has been through it and can help.

If you decide you want to quit, send me a PM. IÂ’m happy to help, as will everyone here.
... "If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit." - walterwhite .......... My HOF Speech .......... Day One 9/29/17 ... HOF 1/6/18 ... 2nd Floor 4/16/18 ... 3rd Floor 7/25/18 ... 1st Lap 9/28/18 ... 4th Floor 11/2/18 ... 1/2 Comma 2/10/19 ... 6th Floor 5/21/19 ... 7th Floor 8/29/19 ... 2nd Lap 9/29/19 ... 8th Floor 12/7/19 ... Now accepting applications for F.U.R.Y. Council 2.0 - text for details ...

Offline thepegasus

• Quit Date: 2017-10-29
  • Likes Given: 0
Want to but cannot
« on: October 28, 2017, 04:00:00 PM »
I want to quit but I cannot.. Nicotine is so powerful... I cant overpower it.. I failed 10-12 times in last few years....

Really I want to but I really dont believe I can....